TICKS!! always going boom!!

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by RottweilerluvNZ, Sep 11, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Is it just me, or did I miss part of the story, but I've been noticing my wee bundles of joy exploding as soon as they land a lot more lately after throwing.

Was there something in the update I missed, did they nerf them a bit?

I know that if you hurl them into or under something, sometimes they blow up, if AI or Pilots are in the vicinity, or even behind the wall, they'll blow up usually.

But lately I've noticed I'll throw them out, and boom, boom, just like that, nobody in the vicinity, freaking me out!.

I love my ticks, only use them but on occasion I switch to phase rewind sometimes. But having some serious problems with them, or - it could just be me being over emotional about them.

Anyone else noticed ticks gone a bit strange of late?

Peace, game on! 075db29a59c0361414fcd996dd69f2c3148e9ab87140f66d1ed1a47613746f34.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

The only ticks that bother me are if they are on my dog.
    I hate ticks of all kinds.
    When I use the ones in TF2 I never seem to get them to do anything useful for me.
    Probably because I do not use them enough.

• Like Like x 3
  3. itbeatswalking

itbeatswalking Generation 3

The Ticks have become complacent and unconcerned with their job performance ever since starring in Titan Toons. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Love that picture of Chewy Rott. :)

I have not noticed a difference. The ticks were one of those things I hated at first, because I was always getting killed by them, so I was like, "If you can't beat em, join em.", so I started using them. What they are great for is helping to defend you and a hardpoint in Amped Hardpoint. I saw someone else mention somewhere else though that it is probably smart to not throw them out at the same time, which is what I always did. I thought it was good advice, because you could deploy 1 as a defender helper, then when he dies deploy the second one, basically extending the length of time they are helping you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Oh well, it's probably just me, I had a thought too about where I'm throwing them, I believe (but don't technically know) that if you biff them into anything like a corner, or under something, they are likely to go boom. AI or pilots on the other side of a wall, I believe they 'appear' to go boom, like I said, technically I don't know this. Maybe I'm just freaking out.

On the subject of ticks though, yea I think the pilot sentry is the best (not that I use it) for chewing up AI and Pilots, but Ticks, oh ticks I swear by them, as I said in another post I'd love to know my tick kill count, they've even ended titans, for me all that other fancy stuff is almost useless in a battle situation except for maybe phase rewind. As pointless as ticks may seem to many I know lot's of pilots don't like them, I believe.....there maybe the odd pilot my ticks have killed, who probably thought the same lol.

Peace all, see you on the frontier. Keep up the fight.