Titan Fall 2 SEA Server population.

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by michael Penserga, Feb 4, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. michael Penserga

michael Penserga Generation 1

hey guys im thinking of getting either Titan fall 2 or Battlefield 4? im keen on Titanfall 2 over BF4 but i want to know if the servers are still populated enough for me to enjoy the game in South east asia. im in The Philippines right now, and im not sure if the game is as popular in asia.

I know BF4's server is fine as i can see their population in the public battlelog. but its a different story for Titanfall.

any info with this?

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Get Titanfall 2
    You can change the data server, you are not tied to only one, you can choose any data server with more players at any time
    I do that and i almost always find players,
    if there are no players in south east asia, choose another data center

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Derrame is absolutely right about that.

However, I would add that, if you are playing on a PC or an XBOX, then if you are considering getting a new game and have not played Titanfall (TF1) or Titanfall 2 (TF2), then I would go with TF1. It is the best video game ever made and you can get it for about $10 on Amazon. It has 24 large, well designed maps at this point and amazing, powerful titan play. TF2 is actually a dumbed down, slowed down, cartoony game to appease traditional FPS players and titan play is very weak and at this point there are only 9 small, choke-pointed maps (2 of which never should have made it out of the concept phase) and 1 map stolen from TF1 for a grand total of 10 maps with only 1 new one coming in March. At this point, you can get TF2 on Amazon for about $34, so you would be paying 240% more for an extremely inferior game. I would also mention that if you are worried about getting games, TF1 works the same way as Derrame described. You can get an Attrition game any time of day you want. And, you can get a game in the Multiplayer Campaign any time of day you want so long as you are willing to switch servers. In summary, you can get the best video game ever created with a 24-map large playground and strong titan play for $10. What a steal! Or, you could get a game with weak titans and FPS clans running rampant on 10 maps (9 of which are extremely small) and lucky you, you get to pay $24 more for that inferior game.

4. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

Out of curiosity what are the average populations across the platforms? Does anyone know/find out?

5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#5 ensc, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    If you are speaking of strictly TF2, there is a member on here named DARK BAWGS who I know is currently in the process of doing some good research that will probably give you better numbers than you are going to find anywhere else. He's trying to investigate how rapidly the user base is dropping off on the different platforms. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of his work. I know he will do a great job and he will probably also include some really great analysis of the numbers.

I can only speak to TF1 on the PC platform, because I still play it every day and at different times of day. At this point, in TF1, there are 4 modes you can still play and here are the numbers I see (just remember, in TF1, so long as there are 4 players on a server, it will start a 2 on 2 game):

Attrition: between 70 and 300 depending on the day and time
    Campaign: between 12 and 150 depending on the day and time
    Hardpoint Domination: between 4 and 18 (but only on weekend afternoons EST)
    Frontier Defense: ? I don't play this, but I'm pretty sure you can get a game most times

6. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Right now there is 23,000 players in attrition.

I will say one thing, if you haven't played TF1 or tf2 I suggest picking em up. They can change your perspective about fps. Once I played TF1 I was hooked and playing any other shooter was really boring. Titanfall is very fast and chaotic. There are some TF1 vets (like myself) that have some complaints about the sequel but I still love playing tf2. I wish there were different decisions made for tf2 but I still think it's the best shooter behind the first that is.

Trust me titanfall can change your life as a gamer. If you pick up tf2 and enjoy it, don't get discouraged if you get pummeled during mp. Titanfall is different and takes some time to get the speed down. I highly recommend buying either titanfall.

7. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Save your Money.

Get Titanfall 1.......Plenty of maps to keep u busy and the game play is more fun.

Titanfall 2 is a waste of money..........barely any maps...........lots of camping like Call Of Duty........

• Like Like x 1
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I would agree with that suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

I don't know what is happening, in the last few weeks there are people only in attrition, noone in amped hardpint, pilot battle or bounty hunt, any server, any time :s

• Like Like x 2
  10. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

The problem is lack of maps. The game could be fun if the playground was larger. It's just boring when u rotate through just a few maps....

• Like Like x 1
  11. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

Ye i was referring to tf2, lot of haters gonna hate on this forum its unreal what platform were you talking about? Im all good on the mp front, over 300 games played top 3 260+

12. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

can you get both, as bf4 should be a bit cheaper now. but f you are looking to get a game to play instead of BF4 get BF1 ,
    as for content TF2 is a good pick if your budget is tight that and you don't need a season pass to play what ever maps are out the dlc being free may be up your ally .

if you like titanfall , and you are on xbox try getting part 1 and 2 .

13. Triggerman 6

Triggerman 6 Generation 2

I have only played TF2... Not much on FPS games.... I really like it. You can get rolled in the early days of playing. I don't see many clans in the salt lake server..... I spend most of my game in my Titan unless I am working on being a pilot. Then I may delay quite a while before jumping in it and getting to work. We seem to have 300 to 400 people on Angle City 24/7 almost all the time. Seen it drop to 100 to 180 during the week days.... It sounds like you can't go wrong w/ TF1... but I have no issues with TF2 as I don't know better.... other than that damn Ronin...... NURF...lol..