Titan Falls Have Rediculous Placement

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Nov 15, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

In TF1, let's say you were standing on a roof, you could point to a certain spot and it would drop your titan there. However, if you were inside a building and turned to your side and called in your titan (whether you were looking straight, looking up, or looking down), it would drop your titan as close as possible outside the closest wall of the building in the direction you were looking. With TF2, if I am in the heat of battle inside of a building and I turn to the direction I want it to drop my titan outside of the building, on numerous occasions, actually more than not, it is dropping my titan so far away that sometimes it as at another hardpoint. So now, rather than entering my titan and forging my way to that next hardpoint, I have to try to survive as a pilot between 2 hardpoints to make it to where my titan is, AND hope my titan has some health left if and when I can get there. This is just rediculous! If I am inside of a building and drop my titan in a certain direction, it should automatically drop it as close to the building I am in and in the direction I am looking at when I call it.

• Like Like x 6
  2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

That is definately one for a patch I would hope. That includes dying just as you've called in big T, and you respawn miles away.

On the plus side, the aim and drop titan seems to work ok.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Drives me crazy!

4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

yes, the tian falling too far away is nonsense, it's not practical at all, and i get killed often on the way to the titan,
    it0s like ther are already preset points for the titans to fall, but they must fall close to the pilot!
    many times my titan got destroyed and i got killd trying to reach each other

5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've been in the heat of battle inside of a building, called my titan in, finished up the battle and excitedly run outside the building to hop in my titan only to realize he is in another time zone. It is like, "Dude! WTF? What the hell are you doing all the way over there? Now, I'm going to die trying to get to you. And, you're going to die before I can get there. Ugghhh!"

6. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I've posted about this b4. I swear this happened a cpl times this morning and I flipped my !!!! This has happened to me multiple times. Ibe literally looked straight down, after learning my lesson of looking in front, and my titan will spawn on the other side of the map.

I also would like to gripe about dying when your titan is called and being placed on the other side of the map but when I kill someone or they kill me the player will spawn 5 ft away.

This game is so inconsistent. It drives me crazy

7. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Just to be clear I flipped not just bc my titan dropped on the other side of the map but bc for the last 20 games I've played at least 12-15 have been mid game matches. Along with horrible latency deaths and kills. It's getting unbearable.

8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good point. Another thing is respawning you in the same horrible position over and over and over again. For example, on Crash Site, I believe it is towards the end where the A hardpoint would be. So, the enemy has 3 titans there at A and one kills me, so it spawns me right around the corner from A at the very end of the map, so the only place I have to go is back through A where those 3 titans still are. So, I get killed again and it respawns me in the exact same spot, and so on and so on and so on. Rediculous!

9. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

agreed this is frustrating , and keeps happening , sometimes you try to drop your titan to crush another wile in a building and guess what lol , that and when you get killed just too far .
    also i have notice if a team mate that is doing well in the game or a pilot that has survived or have not died the rest of the team will keep respawn in or near that player location .
    and i agree that the titan sometimes do not survive by the time you get to them ,

10. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hmmm...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Is it a sensitivity issue or an input issue?

• Like Like x 1
  12. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Definitely some great points made in this thread. I honestly thought I was just horrible at calling in Titan placements in Titanfall 2 LOL

• Like Like x 2
  13. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Damn titan landed so far away I had to call Uber.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Been playing about with it today, I can get em to drop by my feet. you need warpfall if your gonna squish a titan unless its pure luck but yeah, seems to be miles away unless you aim pretty much looking right down

• Like Like x 1
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

:) I know that feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mic Blades

Mic Blades Generation 3

It's best to just wait until you die then spawn in your titan. I've lost so many lives and titans trying to get to my titan. It's just not worth it.

17. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It's not just me then!!

I called the big man in the other night, ran out the door and stopped in my tracks... Where was he?? 3 miles in the other direction. By the time i got there he was a burning wreck:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, definitely not just you. :) It just seems so random and like they have a mind of their own.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I found that this happened to me heaps in the old one when I first started playing, I just drop them at my feet these days. The problem in TF 2 has only happened to me a couple of times but I do sorta make sure I'm looking at my feet before I call...ha!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mustard SG

Mustard SG Generation 1
    Elite Pilot

Some maps are worse than others but yes. It's not as intuitive as it used to be. I also wouldn't mind a precision drop option for when you're skulking around on a rooftop and have a pretty good idea where an enemy titan is going to be and when. It would be sweet to be able to pull up a ground reticle and be able to dial it right into place...

• Like Like x 1