Titan Falls Have Rediculous Placement

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by ensc, Nov 15, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's a nice idea for all titant drops actually. Almost like a laser pointer. Right there! That is where I want my titan to drop Respawn. Not in the next freakin county. :)

2. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Just saw this thread and I had to laugh! I remember being pretty pro and dropping titans where I wanted them in TF1.

TF2 is another story. I think it was on Complex where I was running thought I dropped it in front of me, but it ended up on the opposite side of the map through the little choke point tunnel, around the corner on top of this little grassy knoll thing. I died twice trying to get to it. The only saving grace was it was stuck on something and nobody except me and some poor grunts knew it was there haha

3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

there is this amp, boos or accessory, don't remember the right name, it's the teletansportation embark, the pilot dissapear and appears inside the titan, that shouldn't replace other boosts, so we ca use i if we want,

4. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Worse still, when you are chasing your Titan and the darn thing is walking the other way and you can see him through the building heading off, spinning around, looking for you, in a mass Titan panic - makes you want to shoot your own Titan!, get over here!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I'm with you brother. I used to get mad at my titan in TF1 sometimes. The drops were good in TF1, but sometimes when you put your titan in Guard mode and you wanted him to be there when you came out of the hardpoint. Instead, he saw a Grunt and was like "SQUIRREL!!!" like that dog in the movie "Up". And you come out of the hardpoint and he's walked haflway to the next hardpoint chasing a damn grunt. It's like, "Dude, WTF? If I put you in Guard mode, I need you to be here when I come out." :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mustard SG

Mustard SG Generation 1
    Elite Pilot

Exactly. Something in between warpfall and the regular one. precision drop. fast and RIGHT. THERE.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dexterryu

Dexterryu Generation 2

Could be fixed just by showing you where the titan will fall before you release the button. That way you know if you're aiming at a no titanfall spot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, a precision ground reticle would be perfect. And it could only appear on places where a drop was possible and disappear if you were trying to drop where a drop was not allowed.

Exactly!

9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

So, let me get this straight, we are 5 months into this game and they still haven't fixed this extremely critical element of the game that worked almost perfectly in TF1. I call my titans in and they still end up a mile away where I die before I can get to them. Cmon Respawn, get off of your rearends already.

10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I thought they had fixed it, I was on all weekend and it was perfect.

11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't know. I remember calling 2 in today that were so far away I couldn't get to them without getting killed first.

12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Weirdest thing, I played TF1 for a few days last week and managed to drop my titan in the next suburb...ha! :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, you can do that in TF1, but it is intentional. What I am talking about in TF2 is when I am in a building and I intentionally look down at the floor towards the wall where I want the titan to drop outside of and it ends up halfway across the map. That never happened in TF1. If you made sure to look at the floor in the direction of a wall, it would drop directly outside that wall.

14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, I know, just pointing out that I'm too often awful at Titanfall. :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

:) thanks for the chuckle

16. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

EN, I have found I have to be very careful where i request my Titan drop when I do so they are pretty close to my desired location. I think "some" of the problem rests with the pilot not the game. Having said that there are some maps (Complex for example) where the overhead cover prevents drops in many locations and you have to be pretty aware of your Titan will land in China!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i drop in my titan the other day playing the colony remake and my titan got stuck in between the building and the walls and i could not get him out .

• Like Like x 1
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#38 ensc, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Hey DARK, yeah, I agree. It is better if you are more careful and I do try to be, but even still, sometimes it ends up so far away. My biggest problem with how it works is when you call it from inside of a building, because this worked perfectly in TF1. If you are inside of a building and you call your titan, why in the world should it possibly think you would like your titan anywhere other than right outside the building in the direction you were facing when you called it. I mean, it is just rediculous. Just one more thing that worked well in TF1 that they had to unnecessarily change and break for no reason.

The best solution is what one other member suggested was that we should have a reticle that we can aim to exactly where we want the titan to drop and while we are trying to place it, the reticle would only appear on spots where we are allowed to drop the titan.

Yeah Trini, I've had my titan get stuck on Angel City one time too.

19. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I saw a video that showed this and it was acknowledged that it was a bug that has to be addressed, once in that spot you are stuck.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i went down with a blaze of glory , i refused to abandon my titan lol.

• Like Like x 2