Titan vs. Titan Mode (like Pilot vs. Pilot)

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by ensc, Feb 8, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I can't take credit for this one, but this was a brilliant idea another member had deep inside of another thread and I feel like this deserves to be it's own thread, because it is just too good of an idea to stay buried. I think it is just brilliant in it's simplicity. I can't believe no else, including Respawn, has ever thought of this or suggested it.

Here is what the user said:
    And this was my reply in that thread:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

always wanted to plat as a titan vs titan mode not a round based mode like LTS , in part 1 . but it never came . that and a higher player cap 8 v 8 titans with AI titans lol and pilots cannot eject but respawn as titans . heck even a titan hardpoint with the maps designed to titans would be cool .

• Like Like x 1
  3. itbeatswalking

itbeatswalking Generation 3

I'd like a "King of the Hill" type of game mode. It could be a Titan-only match on the right maps. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

even Titan AA guns or Titan Turret stationary weapons . with the king of the hill mode .

5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sounds like an awesome mode but I see one potential problem....

Say you go down 2-3 Titans at the beginning of the match, it's gonna be quite hard to play catch up because you're always gonna be outnumbered from that point on. Because once 2 Titans go down, you're gonna have 6-4 and then by the time those people respawn and get back into the battle it's gonna be 6-1 or 2 etc.

6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

True, but I think is assuming everyone is playing as teams and all the titans from each team are generally staying together. I would absolutely NEVER do that. I like to be a lone wolf or a free spirit, which is another reason I didn't like LTS, because you almost had to play as a team. I think if this was done right it would have more of a feeling of an Attrition game but just without any pilots or minions (oh and no stupid Reapers). I think in Attrition, for the most part, titans are scattered throughout the map. I think this could be more like that. Also, if one team has to get 50 titan kills to win, even if one side gets an early lead, the other team would still have time to catch up.