Titanfall 1 Pilots.....Report! T1 Awesomeness VS. T2 Fails

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Oct 30, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Well Atrain, that is a big task! I agree 100%, but it will take more than the constant bitchers, it requires some positive feedback via redit or other sites that Respawn listens to... There are some legitimated issues that need to be addressed. In spite of the good suggestions of folks like ensc these will not be listened to because they are rants. Get real guys, we need to start offering positive feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#102 ensc, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    I'm with you too. I would love to have one strong unified voice of those of us who loved TF1 and feel betrayed.

Currently, I can think of a couple avenues:
    1) Everywhere you are, encourage more people to buy TF1 since it is a steal at $14 on Amazon and nothing could make more of a statement than if TF1's user base grew faster and larger than it ever has and surpassed TF2 while it is still a fairly new game. Maybe even buy 1 or more additional copies for yourself so you can enjoy going through all the Generations and hearing the ching-chings of completing challenges. This is a direct impact we could have for a fairly small investment.
    2) What if we started a Kickstarter (or some other crowd funding) campaign to raise money to buy the rights to TF1 and then hire our own developers who would keep the core of the game intact and only make modifications we could agree on.

I think it would be nice to have one influential voice, but I think you have to be careful about that, because you have to remember that a lot of the people that you might think are influential in the Titanfall Community have their hands in the cookie jar and are not going to be 100% loyal to us, because they are receiving perks from Respawn, like being invited to play the game early and so on. And, if we were going to go through the trouble and effort, I personally do not want someone who is going to be a watered down, squishy, compromising voice or it's not going to get what we want. You have to keep in mind that they flat out betrayed us and compromise is not on the table here. They did not listen to us from TF1 to TF2, so now they need to do the listening. We're the ones sitting here with a knife in our back. They need to pull the knife completely out, not just halfway, and then give us a whole lot more on top of that for sticking the knife in our back in the first place.

3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thank you for the compliment DARK and I like your new picture. :)

4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

Whats up guys , been playing the game a bit , having some fun with the campaign , like any other game fall and start over lol , played a round or 2 in the multiplayer it will take me a bit to get readjusted but so far so good.

Got the collector helmet , love the details great buy , no real regrets so far. the campaign is pretty cool am curious what the Bruth titan looks like , and from what i played looks like we were to get more titans at launch but what happened ans the concepts are there , i guess DLC lol.
    The sound of the SMG the R7 sound like a beast , just wish ADS were better. i like the weapons and design's but i would have wanted a bit more weapons in game not enough guns IMO .

The graphics look great in certain parts in the game some weapons look better than some the chain gun feels different needs a bit more oomph .
    From what i have seen there seem to be a lot of camo which is cool but damn i would rather have had more weapon unlocks or body parts or attachments to weapons look without changing how the weapon shoots , i would be find on cosmetic look to the weapons a grip and sight as we see these things 99.9 present when we are playing.

I still get this odd jerk with the controller when trying to run will have to get used to it but it do hinder my movement to evade as a pilot when trying to move forward , guess a bit of practice is need for my style.
    I want to get a 4k tv to really experience the game how it should look , hope to see more TITANS soon not just pilots and as for the maps i will have to play a bit more to get the full experience.

The red glow / out line do feel a bit odd in the multiplayer on the pilots never like that concept it feels and looks to cartoonish game that use this feature i never really like it i would have rather go with friendly pilots with just the name above the head with a slight glow when you point the weapon or sights on them and the enemy just how they are if i don't see a name or glow i shoot .
    i do miss the different variants of pilots on different teams eg. IMC will have there own version of pilot not just the male and female look or different camo but a completely different helmet and armor for the IMC and the MERC .

Would like to have had a feature to pick up batteries , when in a titan i would have been ok with a moment pause in grafix to do this like the rodeo system .
    I do miss the ATLAS Titan heck would to like to still have them in the game mabe as an all class Titan with damage core , armor core , and speed / dash core .or even a malay punch barrage. chain gun / Titan SMG / and a grenade launcher or even a different version of the 40MM with a burst fire and a different look and feel , heck the ATLAS Titan could have had a gatling shoulder mounted fire bullet barrage .
    maps with AI is still lacking the ambiance all around the map still feels a bit dead i miss how the AI would be fighting each other and seeing them pull a friend out of danger with orbital drops around the map .
    would have even and hoped for was to see AI wildlife all around the map that would attack both sides not just fighting enemy soldiers. like in the movie AVITAR even Titan size wildlife that could knock you down or push you aside .or malfunctioning AI Drones that would shoot at both sides , i don't get that full warzone feel like part one , i agree not all like the AI but this is why we have game modes in games to carter for a bit of variety.

The player count should have been buffed that and the map size for more epic Titan shoot outs. the hackable Titan size Turrets are missed , that and i would have like to have seen Titan size mounted weapons . that and even pilots versions .
    a 3RD person Titan view or game mode would have been cool .

Sometimes i wonder how or what a game would or could be with elements of different games combined in them , how they would have played out like combining Battlefield concepts with Titanfall and HAWKEN and ARMORED CORE , KILLZONE. and MAG big maps like in Battlefield with solder class grunts that can use vehicles like jeeps and choppers and even tanks that can repair an TITAN, with the pilot class like how it is with land SEA and AIR TITANS . with rush and conquest modes mixed in with the titanfall 1 campaign multiplayer concept 64 player PVP or more with the same amount of AI or more , BASE / FLAG / and SQUAD spawn and features and cross platform and region faction game play.

Titan weapon class variants based on the Titan core example ION will have laser based weapons SMG ? SHOTGUN AND ASSAULT / or even all class Titan weapons .

MAPS with some bit of destruction and weather change .

5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Glad you ate least got to play now Trini. Sounds like you've mostly played the Single Player and just a little multiplayer. I'm really interested to see what you think after you've had 2 or 3 solid days of just multiplayer.

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

#106 ThirdGuyver, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    I'm a little bemused by your comments sometimes ensc, I'm sure youre a nice guy an all, and I even agree with you on some aspects of tf2 (minimap, ticks, turrets, whiteflash etc).

Your comments are somewhat intense and theatrical at times, I dont think we've been betrayed or knifed in the back.

Buying tf1 more to make a statement, effectively reducing tf2 sales? Thats a bit messed up dude.

The views of those flew out to the EA event not to be trusted you say? Like whoisdo, my hero iz me, frothy, eurynome stolas? Have you watched those vids for tf2? They are all transparent - frothy certainly gives honest opinions and eurynome dont pull any punches.

I also dont understand how you can keep saying they listened to their cod buddies...this is speculation, unless you were sitting in a developers meeting this is just putting 2+2 together and making 6.

A united voice would be either having two featured threads on here with "Respawn: suggeations to improve the game" and "Respawn: feeback on features we like"

As it stands, devs who read this thread would - in my opinion - dismiss it as a load of unconstructive venting, with unfounded speculative allegations.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

You make complete sense. I was thinking along the same vain, some comments are just too emotional and not based on facts. Although everyone is entitled to post their opinion, if they want to have any credibility with Respawn they must be positive and valid.

I agree with your comments about Froyth and others, unfortunately there are some that are just over the top; for instance JerDude and his ridiculous statement that this game is a "masterpiece ". This does as much harm as unfounded statements that are negative for the sake of being negative.

I expected a different game than TF1, based on the concepts from that game with its own look and feel. I believe the they gave us a good product that will get better over time. In a couple of years I fully expect an outcry from the core TF2 players that will be unhappy with TF3!...and so it goes!

• Like Like x 2
  8. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

As of right now... I will adress one thing and one thing only...

The red glowing pilots...

The way I see it... Ah hell I love it lol
    Half blind and I got a 15 year old outdated television.
    If the little bastards did'nt glow I'd bitch about not being able to see where I'm getting shot from...

This way I actually stand a chance!
    Haa!

• Like Like x 3
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#109 ensc, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would never want to take that away from anyone. You suggest my "comments are somewhat intense and theatrical at times." You are correct and that is done intentionally. Why? Because it is what I would refer to as shock therapy. Sometimes people need a good slap across the face to wake the hell up. Sometimes people don't even realize what has been done to them and they need to be reminded. Sometimes behavioral psychology techniques like the Overton Window are used against people and they don't realize it. Sometimes people develop Stockholm Syndrome and not only have sympathy for their captors, but begin aiding their captors and don't even realize it.

On a site that is also meant for venting, and specifically certain threads designed specifically for that purpose, I will never apologize even if I am that lone wolf in the wilderness trying to wake people up. Fortunately, I'm not alone, because there is a voice much stronger than mine that I have great respect for, KernelClamjuice.

P.S
    By the way, if we are going to have one voice representing us to Respawn, he is the only one who would ever get my vote, because in my opinion, he is the only one who truly understands what has been done. BTW, take a look at who even started this thread you are partaking in.

10. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Who is it who needs to wake up?

And BTW, I play with kernel occasionaly, on tf1 and 2, and we've already spoke about tf2, I know he dont like the game so far. He's a cool funny guy to roll with and doesnt spout bullshit. I dont necessarily agree some of his views on the game, or spam rating ikons' posts, but I understand his views on the game, as they are based on his opinion and not unfounded speculation

11. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Haha.....G thanks!

12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

OK, so now you are saying that I "spout bullshit" and that what I say is based on "unfounded speculation". Gee thanks, and I'm the one who is "intense and theatrical"? Yeah, OK.

The things you disagree with Kernel on are exactly the things I agree with him on. TF1 was a work of art and almost perfect and it's core should have been left intact and content should have just been added to that. Anyone who does not realize that is who needs to wake up. The developers completely changed the core of this game and dumbed it down to make their COD buddies happy. Anyone who does not believe that is who needs to wake up.

And, by the way, if you are saying that Kernel spam rated ikons' posts, I think he probably had a legitimate reason for doing that. I like posting on this site, because it is one of the only places to vent my frustrations and Kernel's comments are soothing to me. Almost every time Kernel says something I agree with and makes me feel better, Ik0n has to ridicule it or try to get everyone to dismiss it. I know, because he has done this to me too. He is the one I was referring to that I've seen track down obscure posts from a year ago about another game and just have to have a problem with whatever I say. Because I like this site, I've avoided responding to most of his posts, because I feel like he is just needling and poking Kernel and myself and trying to get us to explode so we can get banned from the site and he can shut up the voices that he doesn't like. I hate having to feel like I'm walking on egg shells when making comments, but as soon as Ik0n steps in I feel like I have to back off or shut up. I shouldn't have to feel that way.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I'm a veteran from the TF1 era and have heard all the arguments about the original game.
    The reason it died and wasn't as successful was the lack of content and variety available they said.So when respawn make TF2 they listen to user base and give them more content and variety and the user base replies " why didn't they leave it just as it was" .
    It's new and it has improvements, do I like them all? No but I will learn to overcome and master this new version as I did the last one.
    And I'd just like to point out that having played allot of COD over the years this is nothing like COD , but COD getting more like this or at least trying to

• Like Like x 2
  14. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Well said, you are right on and I have tried to express the same sentiments in other posts...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trini Chinese

I agree with you as i have also seen him on the official site getting lam basted by other players and his comments are pretty much the same also . i myself do get that impression of him but never the less he does not affect me much , don't let him get to you ensc ,
    ps just finish the game campaign in a few hours am left wanting more like halo 1 lol i want to finish the fight . any how wonder what part 3 will have in store , the game was ok not fantastic but ok. so now on to the multiplayer and rank up.

still say there is not enough weapons / guns and i am ok with guns shooting the same just make it look different and sound different am down with that don't go in the direction that battlefield 4 had with weapon balance which made a lot of weapons unlikeable to use.

am still getting this odd jerk that is really getting me annoyed when trying to run foward am so used to click down on the left stick to run .

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trini Chinese

true the one main reason it died out was the lack of content .
    the game came out with limited info just the core concept it was different and new and had a pot going for it . it needed a campaign and we got one in part 2 the first game had a concept that i was fine with more like a story or narrative style multiplayer game and was great as the modes changed along with the story and had AI mixed in the multiplayer PVP .

It came out on one 2 systems and for a first game to come out of an independent company was a very odd decision for respawn .
    gamers wanted more content and yes we got that but what gamers are referring to as just leave it as it was IMO they are talking about the core concepts and how the game felt and just add more content not change the game to were it is noticeable different , we wanted more titans than just 3 and more weapons for titans and pilots. what we got was more titans but limited weapon to those titans so now we have six titans all different 3 more that the first but now when we wanted more weapons we got that but now its locked in to specific titans whats the point they were better off not putting in more weapons .

They added custom titans not loadouts gamers were asking to be able to customise there titans , we got camos great but please this is not ground breaking tech my friend this should be standard in the game unlocking camos should not be there focus poins or sails pitch really lol.
    Custom load out gamers were referring to on weapons would have been along the line of a cosmetic change in design not color change , the weapons could have function the same example a 40mm have two or three different types that shoot the same caliber and have the look a bit different that's it simple now we have 3 weapons to chose from with similar function but sounds different and looks different. example a EVO and a SUBARU car both different but functions the same different look different sound it just boils down to the fine tuning of the player or preference.

They may have added things different to the game but they also removed things from the game also things that made the first game what it was so this like many others was a very odd decision .
    i my self will over come the differences from the first but most were saying why when the first had no real problems and like the function of how it played just a bit of tweaking was needed .

As for being like cod IMO what some may be saying is that the game multiplayer felt different from the first and the first game eliminated a lot of little things that made playing COD games frustrating don't get me wrong COD games have there concepts but are not perfect and became repetitive over the years and yes COD games are looking to becoming more like titanfall and i would love to see more game dev's that the concept of titanfall 1 and make it better with all that made the first a great game .
    heck i would not mind to see what a company like DICE could do with the Titan concept with there feel and take to the game .

Am all for change and something different , but not so soon as this is there second game and major change was not need just more content i could have seen them doing this around the 3rd game or 4th but there second game and that many changes is a direction most if not all was not expecting.

until we play the same maps from part 1 only then most players will tell the little differences .
    i wonder what content respawn have in mind for dlc .

• Like Like x 1
  17. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks for your support Trini my boy. I really appreciate it. You are always the voice of reason my friend. You have made some really excellent points here. You've mentioned it before and I totally agree that it would be awesome if another game manufacturer took the concept of titanfall 1 and made it better. That would be really sweet. The more choices the better. I think through your words, you've made me realize why the core changes are so painful to me. TF1 was different. It was new and exciting. Since TF2 is a completely different game and it will probably be the starting point for TF3, I just feel like TF1 and all it's beauty will be lost forever and we will never get back to it again, much less build from it. So maybe your idea of other game manufacturers is the only answer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trini Chinese

only time will tell , hope all goes well for respawn and the new star wars game and i would not mind playing a titanfall 3 next year with a new story and hopefully the dev's make the tweaks to the game or even add tweaks to the current , i would not mind and would like to see the same tweeks from titanfall 1 put in as a game mode play the original feel in a specific mode .
    i am rank 17 on my car now with one day of gaming and rank 15 pilot so far. i could hold my own for now just have to figure out if my controler is going bad or it's something with just ps4 controllers or if it's just me but that dame jerk i get it's like a pause or stumble when trying to run forward it is annoying and would like to get pass it lol i would do a lot better . that is my main pet peeve right now , that and i am kinda getting bored with the limited weapons on titans as i like the ion titan but that gun get boring to play with , tone seem fine but the splash damage needs tweaking.

19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I wish the best to Respawn. I hope they make the right decisions going forward on not only changes to make to TF2, but where to start from for TF3. I would still prefer they start with TF1 when creating TF3.

I am solving some of my own problems with TF2. I've basically developed the strategy of whatever others are using that ticks me off the most is what I am going to start using. After doing that, I am pretty much dominating as a pilot. My main problem is still Titans. We really need to be able to change every little bit of the loadouts to whatever the hell we want them to be. I basically want to have Tone's loadout with Ronin's body. It would be the closest to what I liked in TF1, which was a Stryder with a 40MM and Cluster Missiles. Tone is just too damn slow for my liking. Actually all the titans are too damn slow for my liking, even Ronin. Nobody has a Dash Core and that was the one of the sweetest things in TF1. In my opinion, the Atlas in TF1 moved just as fast if not faster than Ronin even does. And not having regenerating shields. Ugghh!!! We have got to put those back.

20. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Ensc, , I aint that articulate so I hope I can get my point across.

Firstly I gotta apologise if I've insinuated that youre talking shit.

I love tf1 too, feels 'pure'. I agree with you on some aspects about tf2.

I respect you have your opinions, but its some of the assumptions and beliefs you've put across which have got me. Always saying "they dumbed it down to please their cod buddies" partly your opinon (dumbed it down, which I can accept and understand). Partly assumption (to please their cod buddies - factual?)

And "whoever doesnt believe that needs to wake up" is an example of your belief that you are imposing upon others, rather than expressing opinion. Do you get what I mean? This is how it comes across to me.

And I like this place, its a good community, and sure its great to vent on here, but also great to help and advise.

What I think is toxic for the forum is when beliefs like " the devs only listened to cod buddies" etc are repeatedley 'preached'(didnt know how else to put it sorry). In my eyes its different to sharing opinions.

I've not experienced ikon to try and start fires, he has only really spoke from opinion. Is you thinking he wants you banned feom the forums a reality, or your perception on the situation? Its your business of course, but I cant see Ikon being like that.

I like the attitude though in your previous post though of trying to work through what you dont like in tf2 first. A much more positive vibe.

Hope that all makes sense

• Like Like x 3