Titanfall 1 Pilots.....Report! T1 Awesomeness VS. T2 Fails

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by KernelClamjuice, Oct 30, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'll say this. I respect everyone's opinions here and I think healthy and constructive conversation about improving the game is necessary and I have never rated someone's post as trolling because they didn't agree with me. I know I'm in the minority when I speak positively about this game, even when I'm not all positive about it. I do my best to try and make every place (especially Titanfall fans) feel like a community.

I'm not sure why you would think that if I said something that you'd feel like you had to back off, I always enjoy reading your posts @ensc even if I strongly disagree with a lot of it. I will also never block anyone just because I didn't like their opinion (although I went a bit overboard with the wrong opinion) comment which I apologize for.

As far as tracking down old obscure posts, that is just a misunderstanding. I only browse these forums using the 'new posts' feature meaning if you posted in an old thread, it bumps it right to the top of that page and I may have disagreed with what you said there without checking how old said thread is.

As far as seeing the same thing on the official forums @Trini Chinese I'm not sure what you mean there, I only speak about my opinion of the game and it happens to be a mostly positive outlook which seems like it's in the minority so people take it the wrong way. I've only ever tried to help the Titanfall Community. Look at Titanfall Tuesday, it's one of the featured Networks and the community manager has even said Devs might join on some weeks, what better way to get your opinions out?

So if any of you @KernelClamjuice @ensc @Trini Chinese feel like I disrespected you in any way, I'm sorry, didn't mean to come across like that, I just strongly disagree with your opinions and I'm a very opinionated person myself.

2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

ok guys and gals , lets see what titanfall 1 and titanfall 2 have in common and what has changed , to what works in the new and the old , what does not and keep in mind with out removing any new core concepts in part 2 what can be added back or even tweaked to rebalance the game and bring it close or better that 1 and 2 combined . what can be done ?

any ideas members , can we all put in words what we have in both games that we all like and compare them with new ideas to make them all work . the pros and cons shall we . based on what we have read here and on other sites and our own experiences . hot topics if we will.

TITANFALL 1 TITANFALL 2

1. Regenerative shields
    2. Absence , WARZONE

no offence mate , but i have seen you on the original forums getting into it with other players , granted it is understandable to defend one's comments but even on both sites you pretty much got the same reaction for other members here and the original site ,

like many you have your view on the game part 1 and part 2 , granted not all we or i may see or agree with , but as a person reading comments and trying to interpret them the best way i can depending what state of mind i am in , you can come off as shooting down others just because they may have a negative comment to the second game .

now when i say this is because i as a member and like all members including your self take the time to read the comments of others and granted some of us tent to spew or rant or even go into to much details , in the end that's just how it is when trying to put a point across in words to show how one feels emotionally .

sometimes one can text or type and come off as being a dick not saying that you are like that and i am not . but comments can be interpreted in wrong context at times. hence the reactions you may get .
    The same way that you may find that the Kernel may be a bit to negative in his words and you believe that the more players keep doing this it will hurt the game , while your comments may be positive you tend to shoot down any if not most negative comment towards the game that i have noticed IMO and that can also be harmfull for the game and the company/ devs also .

I have nothing against you personally and i quite like how you put across your self and it shows your personality that a good thing , ensc and myself also have gotten into many debates and have many different views , and sometimes as a member and who i would call a friend here i don't want him to get into unnecessary debates and off topic as it's only a game and i could understand how deep he puts himself into the game and there are many people like this out there . i could relate . or try too

As for the Kernel i understand he is angry and very disappointed with respawn and titanfall 2 , granted even doe he may have played and purchase the game he also like many others feel very strongly on how the game turned out . hence the anger , in time he may get over it and will adjust IMO , but i could respect his venting and i will support him and any other member of this forum to the best that i can , not saying that i will support the negative but keep an open mind to his views like others . because when i met the Kernel before the beta was out he was very positive towards the game myself included just now even doe the game is out and it's ok it's still missing that taste that taste that made the first game what it was .

as for the game i like it , but i don't love it , i do have fun with it but that's just me as for my friends online not all will play titanfall 2 as it is a bit crazy like how cod can get in there multiplayer , battlefield is my cup of tea and dice has the formula that i like i can have the vision to make gaming what it supposed to be just wish EA did not have the control that they have on them and i also hope that Respawn does not go in that direction of profit profit profit they are gamers first and hope they don't lose sight of that.

so again yes you do have a positive outlook towards the game and which is fine there is nothing wrong to be positive but sometimes too much positive is also as bad as too much negative as your views will or may appear bias . hence the reaction you get at times.

am on the ps4 my friend add me if you want psn is LEESHUE12.

cheers mate .

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

[felt the need to break this in pieces to address thoroughly, because I do respect you and I want you to understand where I am coming from]

REPLY (PART ONE - WE'RE GOOD):
    Apology accepted. I appreciate that. I also apologize if the way I express some of my opinions are a little over the top and the manner I express them in might be as you suggest, toxic. However, I will not apologize for the content of my opinions. I spent a lot of time doing research to reply to part of your post and I'm glad I did, because it made me realize that maybe I can change my approach a little bit, which you will see why in PART FOUR.You are very articulate, by the way, no need to put yourself down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

REPLY (PART TWO - PERHAPS SITE SUGGESTION):
    I agree it serves multiple purposes, and it was nice of you "like my attitude" in that one post, because it had a "much more positive vibe." But you see that is part of what I believe is causing some problems on this site and why people are even having to apologize for things. Everything does not have to be a "positive vibe" and it SHOULDN'T BE. Some threads are just meant for venting. I would ask you to consider the following.

Part of the purpose of this site is an outlet for people to vent and part if it is for people who want to get out their pom poms. I suggest we just dont "piss in each other's Cheerios". For example, if you notice, I will comment on a lot of threads, but usually if someone needs help or to add to a venting thread. However, if it's a get your pom poms out thread like "Enjoying it"
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/enjoying-it.7899/
    you'll notice I didn't go "piss in their Cheerios". If they are happy with it, good for them.
    I would just ask the same respect in the venting threads like this one we are in, "Titanfall 1 Pilots.....Report! T1 Awesomeness VS. T2 Fails"
    This was obviously meant for venting, and I personally don't appreciate someone interrupting our venting by coming in and being like, "Aww gee Wally, can't we all just get along?", or "The game's not that bad. I'm really enjoying it." Hey, there's an "Enjoying it" thread over there for you. Trust me, I could whip it out and fill up a lot of bowls in the "Enjoying it" thread, but I don't, because I know that thread's not for me and I respect that. I just ask for the same respect for the venting threads. There is nothing more infuriating than when you are trying to get something off your chest and then someone comes in and either ridicules the points you are making or tries to immediately get everyone to dismiss what you said and take the thread in a different direction. I'm sure everyone in the "Enjoying it" thread would not appreciate it if I came in there and pointed out why every little thing they said is wrong and why TF2 is a crap sandwich.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

REPLY (PART THREE - Ik0n):
    I had prepared what is below in response to your comments about Ik0n, but I see he too has now apologized and I appreciate that, but since I went to the trouble of tracking this down, I will share it anyway, even though I now understand what happened as he explained, but I hope you can understand that this seemed odd to me.

(this is what my response was going to be before I saw he apologized)
    I can only go by what I've seen and what it seems to me like is that he loves COD, so he searches for "COD", and then if anyone says anything bad about it, he has to have a problem with it. The best example I can give you was a thread from well over a year ago and was 7 pages deep in the "General Gaming" forum at the time and he had not contributed to this thread, so there was no reason for him to get notified of my post to it, but he just had to have a problem with what I said.
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/titanfall-2-the-cod-remix.4233/
    I mean, c'mon dude, would you please crawl out of my butt and get a life.

Like I said, I appreciate Ik0n's apology and I now understand how me replying to an old thread would have brought it to the front.

However, both you and he have both accused me of assumptions or sweeping generalizations, so we will address that in the next part of this reply.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

REPLY (PART FOUR - LET'S JUST SAY MY TONE):
    Let me start by saying I am going to try to change my tone a little, but I will explain why at the end.Part of having an opinion is based on assumptions and beliefs and I am not a bullshitter. I hate people who just make stuff up. If I am going to say something and especially express it passionately, I will not do it unless I believe it to be absolutely true.

When I say people need to wake up, all I am saying is that if I feel something is an important point and no one else is making it and every time I make it someone tries to dismiss it or belittle it, I'm going to keep repeating it, because I want to make sure it does not get lost if it is important enough. I'm not trying to impose my beliefs on anyone, I'm just trying to make sure that facts don't get dismissed as if they are "assumptions" or "toxic" just because someone doesn't like what I am saying or disagrees with it.

Like I said, I am going to try to change my tone a little, but only because after doing all the research I had to do for this, I realized it's not necessary, because what I realized is that I'm not alone and people are awake and maybe I don't need to keep repeating myself, because the facts are the facts.

Before we go through this, please take a look at your comments bolded in read above.

Now, I would like you to take a look at this article and pay particular attention to the last 2 paragraphs:
    http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/08/23/titanfall-2-feels-like-game-designed-people-hated-original/

I was going to search through other threads on this site, but I didn't even have to go further than just this thread we are in. Here are quotes of other members from just this thread alone:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Trini by boy, always the voice of reason. Thanks for your kind words and for sticking up for me and the Kernel. I do want to say that I very much appreciate Ik0n's apology to the 3 of us as well.

I also want to apologize to you Trini, because you made a very good suggestion in your post and then I followed it up with my 4 replies to Third. I would encourage everyone to go back to what Trini suggested, which was making suggestions on how to combine the 2 games, or I guess take the best from both worlds. I think Trini started with 2 good ones. I will add what I can think of here:

1) MOST IMPORTANTLY - Fully customizable titan loadouts including the type of core, which should also include Dash and Shield.
    2) All titans base speeds need to be increased at least 3X.
    3) Pilot ground speed needs to be returned to at least what it was in TF1. Feels like you are stuck in molasses on the ground.
    4) Any weapons and ordinances that were weakened form TF1 to TF2 need to be returned to their full strength (example: EVA-8 Shotgun and Arc Grenades)
    5) Pilots should be allowed to carry a sidearm and anti-titan weapon. Sidewinder should be put back as an anti-titan weapon.
    6) Maps should not be designed to have choke points. This just creates boring, predictable games.
    7) There should be continuity in players and chat if you are remaining in the same game mode lobby.
    8) Please get rid of the BOOM, white shock flash death thing. So annoying and like salt in the wound. You arleady died, that's bad enough. Don't make it worse with having to see and hear that every time.

Right now, I could probably live with this game if #1 and #2 were done, but I think all of the others should be done eventually as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

#128 Trini Chinese, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016

Great point bro , i agree with this , let's start with SHIELDS regenerative and the current battery system.

so check this out i will ask the questions and you or others put in a suggestion and you and others would do the same , will it work or will it not think of it as us being respawn asking each other what we think , then we can at least put the concept as a one VOICE .

so SHIELDS we have regenerative shields in part 1 and a battery system in part 2 , we only get shields when we insert a battery from another titan as we don't have any to begin with.

1. What can we do if shields are brought back ?
    2. How can we make shields work with the battery system how it is right now ?
    3. Will it affect balance to the current gameplay ? Take into account the current weapon damage is tuned for no regenerative shields.
    4.Would there be other things that will be needed to be tweaked like the timer etc ect ? Take into account Titan survivability to pilot's .
    5. Will the regenerative shields prolong the game ?
    6. How can we use the shields and the Battery as an offensive and defensive option with encouraging teamwork and individual survival instinct ?
    7. Should the complete health bar be considered as a Shield ?
    8. In part to # 7 should the battery regenerate as is in the current game regenerate manually the current state of the Titan health ?
    9. BY having Shields will it make other Titans with shield wall Over powered that and should certain weapons do more damage to Shields ?
    10. should we be dependant on shields or battery to survive or should the maps have more Titan size cover ? How will it blend ?
    11. If batteries were implemented that a titan can pick them up themselves like the campaign will it affect having regenerative shields or will it make a difference hot having it regenerate .
    12. Should shields if implemented back regenerate slower to cater for an attack or retreat gameplay ?

9. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Brb

• Like Like x 1
  10. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

3G: you belong in the United Nations. Love it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. aldoboymusic

aldoboymusic Generation 2

I've actually just recently played Black Ops 3 for a side comparison to Titanfall 2 and to my surprise both games feel the exact same. Titanfall needs to go back to the basics and return to their old tried and tested formula.

If anything, I'd rate Black Ops 3 just slightly higher as the guns work better.

Come on Titanfall get you're act together, back in 2014 you's brought out a game that was different from the rest and we wanted that to continue with the second one.

This game is so awful, it's beyond description.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks aldo, being someone who has obviously had a lot of COD experience, I really appreciate you sharing your insights. I agree 1000% with your comment, "back in 2014 you's brought out a game that was different from the rest and we wanted that to continue with the second one." Exactly right.

13. aldoboymusic

aldoboymusic Generation 2

I don't mind COD, it's always a good thing to try something different, but it is a more tactical game, and i feel it's a road Titanfall shouldn't of went down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I truly don't want too pile on but I agree TF2 does not feel as accurate as TF1. The weapon play that is. I still smash ppl :)

I get nervous making claims like this bc I'm not a video game "techie" but I do play A LOT. So I don't know if I'm right or is it my connection or what have you. All I know is that when I played TF1 my weapons did exactly what my thumbs told them to do. TF2 just doesn't "feel" that way.

I apologize for not being able to offer any true tech knowledge or facts to what I feel. I'm just glad someone else brought this up

15. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I am beginning to wonder of the real truth is that TF1 was an accident and they really have no idea of what to do to perpetuate it or make it better. Maybe lightening never does strike twice.

16. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Dude, having played bop3 with my nipper I must disagree, the mobility feels like mud compared to tf2?!?

• Like Like x 3
  17. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Absolutely agree; just fired it up and after one game got out of the quicksand!

• Like Like x 1
  18. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Yah.....maybe he is getting BO III mixed up with one of the other COD.

Black Ops was just a pain in the arce to control.........

• Like Like x 1
  19. Antiquary

Antiquary Generation 1

#139 Antiquary, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    There's no point in playing TF2 multiplayer - stick with TF1 and send them a clear message. I'll just finish the campaign at some point - but there are too many other games apart from the better TF1 to waste my time with an inferior version.

Absolutely agree about BO3 - the main thing about TF1 that needed improvement is the pilot movement.

And who knows - perhaps the devs were annoyed at EA turning the game into cannon fodder to try to bring down COD sales and stopped trying so hard.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well said.