Titanfall 2 All Pilot Abilities

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by autosodjt, Jul 17, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. autosodjt

autosodjt Generation 2

Hey guys, just came across this forum and it's great to see so many people excited for Titanfall 2!

I played the Titanfall 2 demo at EA Play and have been watching the gameplay trailers 100's of times...

The 6 pilot abilities seem to be :

1. Grappling Hook
    2. Sonic Blade
    3. Holo Pilot
    4. Cloak (updated to be more effective against pilots as well as titans)
    5. Stim Health
    6. Stim Speed Boost

It seems that Respawn have split stim to make it only have one property. Obviously in Titanfall 1 stim was super popular because of it's speed boost AND health regen.

Personally I'm glad they split stim as it was too overused in Titanfall 1, but now I think the grappling hook will be the main ability pilots choose in Titanfall 2.

There's a youtube video on it if anyone wishes to see :

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hi pal. Welcome to the forums. Nice post too! Always happy to get more TF2 info!

3. autosodjt

autosodjt Generation 2

thanks for the welcome!

4. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Welcome to the Frontier Pilot!

5. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

welcome , nice video . my main concern are with the Titans rather than the pilots ans they have made it into a class base which i am keen of with the pilots, as for the titans i really hope we can change primary weapons example if i play as an ION i can chose the 40mm or chain gun or shotgun .

6. Trini Chinese

how did the ps4 controller feel , did it take a bit getting used too .

7. autosodjt

autosodjt Generation 2

You can't :( each titan will have a specific load out, the only thing you'll be able to change are the tier kits (core accelerator etc)

I did a podcast on my channel about playing as Ion and Scorch, they were fun to play, and I'm sure i'll enjoy getting used to them, but right now I feel disappointed about the titans we've seen so far, I'm putting all my hopes into the 3 titans that haven't been revealed yet, because so far I'm not really super excited about any of the titans.

I can sort of see why they have gone for the hero shooter style for titans, but the arguments given for doing this are a bit weak IMO. Saying that the problem in Titanfall 1 was not knowing what the other enemy titans had, that was half the fun! Running into a titan fight, firing your cluster only to have the enemy titan pull out a vortex shield made you have to change tactics and play style on the fly. I can see if a titan has a 40mm or an arc cannon from its model...So to change this in Titanfall 2 we now will know 90% of what the other titan will have....where's the surprise then? They said they wanted to go for 'more predictable gameplay' and they've definitely achieved that with the titans so far...

8. autosodjt

autosodjt Generation 2

oh jeez it was so rough, i mean obviously it would be a surprise for any xbox one player to go straight to a ps4 controller, but the buttons seemed way too far apart from each other! We had no option to change controller layout at the demo (fair enough!) which didn't help of course, I was debating whether or not to buy a ps4 just for titanfall 2, but after playing it with a ps4 controller, i'll be sticking with my xbox one!

9. Trini Chinese

i my self have already preordered the collector on ps4 , i just hope the ps4 sticks feel good with the game , and it should i guess its just a matter of getting use to the controller the ca,pain should fix this as i play , i do understand that switching to different controllers feel different at times but cant wait to test the game on ps4 .
    as for the titan load outs this is a bit on the disappointing side but time will tell , as i would have agreed to the core abilities being locked in rather than the weapons/ guns as from the videos i don't like the scorch main gun i prefer projectile weapons . but this may be a way to balance the game , for me sometimes it's how the titans look and feel as i like the Atlas look . playing this on ps4 will be great as the recording feature is better than the xbox 1 so that is a plus i probable get it on xbox 1 also we shall see.

i hope that the player cap was raised to 12 v 12 with more ai in the mix . how did the graphic look in person on PS4 are the videos on youtube doing the game justice ? that and i am excited to play with different guns in the game.

10. autosodjt

autosodjt Generation 2

the graphics did look really good! the framerate was steady and excellent too, pretty sure it was 60fps but cannot confirm that. Definitely smoother and more responsive than Titanfall 1, as it should be!