Titanfall 2 Angel City's Most Wanted Impressions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 1, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TheDrake1984

TheDrake1984 Generation 2

Jumped in yesterday: Amped Hardpoint, Attrition and then Bounty Hunt. Captured this gameplay which I was pretty happy with:

Really liking it so far. Seems to flow really well with the new abilities. Obviously Grapple helps a lot with traversal, but played another game this morning using Phase Shift and that helped out a lot too. Lots of cover, which is why I favour Scorch on this map at the moment - get in close and personal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

yeh it popped up last night don't know why i was not able to see or access it on the 30th , it is what it is. this is the first game i have seen and have had a rough experience with lol.

as for the map , it played great so far so good , but still feels empty . it's not the same i can feel and feel the difference so am a bit disappointed in that still , wish there were ai in hard point and even more and a larger player count .

to be honest as much as i like titanfall and the concept am getting bored with it and fast. that's just me , i can't get pass being locked in with titan load outs and locked in with there weapons.

i like the concept of the prime titans , different look i have them unlocked as i guess i got the vanguard edition and can't wait to see what the other titan versions will look like and if i will have them for free also. but still even doe i have a different titan look i am still reminded that i am locked in with the same weapon .

i sill don't play scorch i play tone most if not all the time and it's mainly for the primary weapon . i even notice i tend to go up fighting ronin titans a lot . even another tone , i do like how the scorch frame / chassis looks just wish it had a better primary weapon .

i hope to see better titans out and very soon and am more frustrated or bored at time with this game to others sometimes , i really hope to see a big change and hope part 3 is better.

so close yet so far . it;s the only mech shooter with current fps controls out hope another company take notes and bring out a different and better game . hmm wonder if kill zone and titan fall mixed in wonder how it would be lol.

any how what i think would be a major improvement , game modes with more ai and a bigger player count. would like to see more maps than just one and to come out sooner . more weapons for pilots .
    sometimes i feel like i am spinning a top in mud.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Good stuff, really enjoyed going back to Angel City. All seems the same, awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#24 ensc, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Yeah, Trini my boy, this is my biggest problem with the game as well. They have got to allow fully customizable titan loadouts at some point.

And, any arguments about it throwing off the balance are not valid. What is throwing off the balance in this game is that it was designed to make traditional FPS players happy. So now this is what happens.
    1) Networks encourage FPS clans.
    2) Some games have an FPS clan on one side.
    3) They are used to playing together so they get their Boosts faster for "good" play.
    4) That leads to them getting their Titans faster with even more "good" play.
    5) That causes some on other team to realize it's an FPS clan and leave.
    6) That leads to a lopsided game in both numbers and skill now.
    That is what is the big BALANCE problem in this game. Individual pilot weapons, individual titan weapons, individual titans or even adding customizable titan loadouts is not going to mess the balance up anywhere near what this FPS clan problem has already done to the game.

If anything, allowing us to loadout out our own titans EXACTLY the way we want might be a way to allow us to balance the game ourselves against these FPS clans. It would be a good start anyways. More power to the people. More choices, not less.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

yep i encounter fps clan often and it's just almost impossible to defeat them and and sometimes gets boring

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

it will get boring , i agree and it will affect newer players also . as for myself i have my good games and bad , but as for the bad ones not too many as i am the type of player depending on the mood love to fight a clan than think they are bad ass and i will take a group of strangers and underdogs any day and make them sweat or earn that victory. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree, once in awhile, if you have a group of decent enough strangers, it can be satisfying to take on the challenge and put a clan in it's place. However, 9 times out of 10, due to the non-existent skill portion of the matchmaking algorithm, you don't have enough decent strangers with you, so it's just a frustrating affair. The problem I have with clans is that to me there is a place and a time for them. If it was a competitive tournament where clans were playing against clans, then fine. However, the general population of a multiplayer game like Titanfall is strangers against strangers, so if a clan (playing coordinated) gets on one side it gives them an unfair advantage and also allows inferior players to appear better than they really are. You can have a player on the team opposite of the clan team who is far superior to anyone in the clan team, but every time he takes on one of the clan members face to face like a man, he has one of their clan buddies shooting him in the back and another one shooting him in the side of the head, so all of his deaths are from weak players who could never win a one on one face to face fair fight.

8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah agree, it plays just beautifully, nice to have some map awareness for once, I don't get onto TF 2 nearly enough and so to play on a map I understood was nice. Kudos to respawn.

• Like Like x 1