Titanfall 2 beta announcement

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Shantmaster K, Aug 16, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shantmaster K

Shantmaster K Generation 2

GameSpot says: "The first of the two weekend betas starts this Friday, August 19, with two modes and two maps available. The following weekend will still offer that same content, but with an additional map and mode added to the mix.

Two new Titans, Ion and Scorch, will be available for use, along with Pilot abilities like Grapple, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade. A press release also mentions two of the weapons you'll be able to use: the Mastiff (a "horizontal spread shotgun") and the Alternator (a "dual-barrel SMG").

EA's descriptions of the included maps and modes follow below.

Modes
    • Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
    • Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
    • Amped Hardpoint (6v6--second weekend only): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
    Maps
    • Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
    • Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune's plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
    • Forward Base Koda (second weekend only): Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
    The beta will only be available on consoles; Respawn has decided to skip PCbecause it hasn't yet optimized the game for the wide range of possible hardware configurations. The company is also concerned with the prospect of dataminers spoiling details on the game's new campaign mode."

PC WILL NOT GET THE BETA.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I like the sound of the game modes (other than pilot vs pilot). The maps are all about the design. No pretty description can win me over :D

3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Sounds good. Sucks for the PC's though what I've read about it it's understandable to me at least. Thanks for the info.

4. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Nice. So is the beta separate from this tech test I'm hearing about?

5. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

So when and where can/do we load the game onto our console for the Beta?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I second this question..

7. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

Someone asked Vince on Twitter and he said hopefully Thursday there will be a preload available.

8. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

9. Trini Chinese

Network created , P.M.C. PS4 TITANFALL 2
    upload_2016-8-16_14-22-9.png

upload_2016-8-16_14-22-9.png

10. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

11. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trini Chinese

the site is giving major problems , it keeps redirecting .

13. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

In what context ? I had no issues viewing it from my phone ? Unless you are referring to XBLS?

14. Trini Chinese

on PC, it seem to be an issue with others also as i google it and other pc web browser as i signed in with my ps4 account on the official site the same link it will keep sending you to EA site .

15. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Try switching it to a mobile format.. Cause on my phone I have all access and no issues.

16. Trini Chinese

i know , i was trouble shooting earlier and had tried it on my phone and the site works on the phone but seem to be an issue on PC

17. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Looks like I know what I'm doing for the next two weekends...

Although the "Create Network" option for me also sends me to the EA site.

18. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Is it possible that in order to create a network you need to have an account with EA ?

19. Trini Chinese

yea it's a bug as i have read that EA tech support did the same and can't fix it , they them self are being redirected lol ,so it's an issue you will see more people reporting in a few . they should fix it soon hopefully.

20. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Alright that solves that