Titanfall 2 Beta

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by rainman0211, Jul 3, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I was wondering about this and stumbled across this if anyone is interested.:rolleyes: I know I sure would like to get in on this.

2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

what news you herd , i have been hoping for a email from re spawn , i can't wait myself.

3. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I'd be in for the Alpha!! Lol

I actually reached out to them last year and they replied they didn't have anything like that...or need anyone..

4. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I'm so waiting for that!!!!!! Ex-mothereff-cited as hell.... did you sign up on the titanfall forum for email updates Rain? (It may direct you to sign up at EA site if I remember) I'm just hoping they ping an email with a code at some point!!!!!!

5. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

please update this if anyone comes accross beta registration

6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 2
  7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/

8. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I signed up utilizing the link....thanks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

10. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

Last night I dreamt about Titanfall 2 Beta Launch. It looked somewhat like this:

Respawn tiered all Titanfall 1 players based on numbers of overall hours played and average (e.g. say from last 5 seasons) rank achieved. So a player with 800 hours played and average Platinium rank 1 would be in higher tier than a player with 400h played and rank Gold 5.

The Beta was initially released as a streamed competition event. 12 players from the highest tier were playing an opening 6v6 match with Respawn commentary and unique prize to win (e.g. cosmetics). Then the rules of tournament were explained.
    The tournament had several subcompetitions (solo / team; attrition, CTF, LTS), each choosing its own champion.
    Each day:
    - a player/team were able to play maximum 10 "tournament" games. Remaining time was spent on playing casual ones.
    - lower tier players joined the competition (tier 1 in day 1; tier 2 in day 2);
    - tier placement was adjusted based on MMR achieved the day before.
    To win the tournament player / team had to achieve highest MMR throughout the tournament.

The highest tier games were streamed live with some youtube "summary of the day" videos featuring best plays; skillshots and so on.

When I reflected on the dream in the morning I realized that it would be great to engage pro-players to show off extreme variety of movement, tactical possibilities the game provides. And that tournament-like beta would help polish matchmaking / progression system up front.

11. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Where do I fit in? I have over 2,200 hours in the game. I hardly ever play the ranked system....seems pointless...I've probably played it 4 hours tops........

I wanna play!!!

I wanna play!!!

12. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

You're right that the ranked system is not appealing now.

However, if Respawn announced that in order to get into Tier 1 beta , you need +2,000 hours plus at least Platinum 1 rank in the next three seasons, would you consider enabling it?

The rank or gen requirement was there to filter out players who play a lot but casually.
    There are probably better ways to get the best of the best, though.

13. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think big open betas are the norm for stress testing servers. Here's to wishful thinking.

14. Modesq

Modesq Generation 1

Has anyone gotten any emails or a confirmation since signing up? I signed up immediately after it was announced at EA Play and have seen nothing since.

15. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I haven't gotten any emails yet.

I'm pretty sure nothing has been announced just yet.

16. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I have heard nothing.........

17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

18. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

Beta likely wont be available until a month or so before the release date.
    That's how its been with all the beta's I've played.

• Like Like x 1
  19. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

@temporar:the beautiful thing about TF is that all players can play together no matter what the skill level or Rank level is. A newbie can still do amazing things and even with normal playing can fool expert. I would love to sematching done by how much you love the game and how much fun you have. But I agree that it would be awesomtonhave a venue here you can learn new tricks and skills.

• Like Like x 2
  20. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

Respawn did a good job creating highly competitive game with several accessibility features to engage both casuals and pros. Still, those two groups have to be separated. Otherwise, casuals will gradually get frustrated over being constantly wiped out by pros.
    So, some kind of MMR should be in place.

Matchmaking based on love and fun? :) How is that supposed to be measured? I guess the highest tier would be weed-smoking, nature loving; world exploring pacifists.