Titanfall 2 Changes Interview (Not Good)

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by AnimalFather, Jun 26, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AnimalFather

AnimalFather Generation 2

Many subtle multiplayer tweaks were made to make the game easier for less experienced players -- such as simpler wall running. "Oftentimes, players who weren't hyper-aware, they would try and make a wall run jump to another surface and not quite make it. And not know why, because last time they did it, they made it just fine. So we tried to really normalize a lot of these.

"Each Titan has a distinct personality now and so you won't be able to customize their play style -- but there are six Titans instead of three. Ion fires lasers and sets laser tripmines, Ronin can dash about with a giant sword, and Scorch leaves flaming death in its wake. Three more titans have yet to be revealed.

Some of the new multiplayer maps will have more chokepoints and fewer climbable surfaces to allow for more predictable battles. "They give more predictable playspace so you can actually see a guy run around the corner, have an idea of what he might be doing so you can react -- rather than he runs around the corner, there's a million things that he could be doing."

seems they are dumbing down the game for the average player. im not a fan of these changes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Oh my....we will just have to wait and see. Maybe they should have two version of TF. TF and TF lite. The later will have fewer calories but does not taste as good.

PS: and so what is the big problem with chaos and unpredictability!?!?!

3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Having played the game for a few hours at E3, it'll be just fine. I loved the first game, and I loved my time with Titanfall 2 at EA Play.

There's still a skill gap, because I destroyed newer players, even when they had more time to grow accustomed to the game. If you're a skilled player in Titanfall 2 who knows the maps, weapons & how to maneuver yourself around the environment.. you'll still be a dominant force.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

Chaos and unpredictability is good, but what it sounds like is the checkpoints are there so you don't have to get from A to B slowly, kind of like Battlefield, where you spawn near your fellow team mates or tanks. (Am I right, @WhoIsDo?)

• Like Like x 1
  5. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

I think if they are making the wall running more fluid and predictable it will be really great for console gamers. I've noticed a lot of PC players move around the maps with grace and ease but Im very sketchy when trying predict my movements on xb1. It's definitely one of my current gripes that I'm constantly getting hung up and clambering on the tiniest of surfaces or corners.

I'm not trying to downplay the affect of making those flawless runs that for me is the best part of Titanfall, but I do think certain maps make this really difficult to achieve without pinpoint accuracy. Hell I had flag cap on Demeter yesterday right down the Main Street that gave me chills (and of course cortana failed to record it :/)

I personally believe maps need a slight downgrade in surface edges, corners, and detail so it's just a bit more parkourable with a controller.

• Like Like x 1
  6. temporar

temporar Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

If accessibility does not mean freedom of movement restriction - I'm fine. However, Smart Pistol was designed as an "accessibility" weapon and wreaks havoc still today.

It is a lot up to map designers. Some Titanfall maps are parkour friendly (Rise, Wargames, Zone 18), some are so open that there are fewer places to parkour (Lagoon, Haven, SandTrap) and on some it's fairly difficult to jump around (Swampland, Colony).
    I trust that they will do as good work as with original title to let us effortlessly fly around as pleased. :).