Titanfall 2 is slow?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Ik0n88x, Aug 30, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Gameplay by Gamesager. Just watch this video and tell me that TF2 is slow.. or looks or plays anything like CoD (other than the fact that they're playing Pilot vs Pilot).

2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

Dude it is slower than the first , this video the gamer is using the stim pilot , you do relies this right, hence the speed and this is also gameplay of the second test weekend and respawn patched the speed compared to the first tech test .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I know he is using stim.. but he is also utilizing the bunny hop technique. Second weekend they increased speed of wallrunning and momentum but didn't increase base movement speed. I think TF1 might have been a tiny bit faster but not anything of the exaggeration that I'm seeing.

4. Trini Chinese

true , i agree with that , and the bunny hop is still possible in the game but with the new features not many can do this with out practice as i believe it is a bit different to perform , but it is in the game , but general movement with out the bunny hop is slower in the game , this could be because of field of view and other features that were not in the tech test , but overall the second test felt good no problems that a bit of tweaking can't fix.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

If people can't do it without some practice, that increases the skill gap... which wouldn't make sense to the people who think the game is somehow dumbed down.

6. Trini Chinese

that's the thing doe the bunny hop was not even an element in the first it just happened this was not the original intent only in time with concepts the game being in the hands of the consumer that those was discovered and refined, and with the new game even new idea's will emerge to the current concepts with the full game in the hand of people playing .
    As the game being dumb down i understand were you are coming from and would agree there is a skill gap but what you have to take into account the core concept titanfall was original built on , and it also was to eliminate the dependent skill gap in the first place which was not fun for all players , there is a saying WORK LIFE FLOW or something like this .
    Many gamers like many on here played the original COD'S and we were young once and still play games but work and life are things that affect everyone , one way or another. and the first titanfall implemented a lot if features that made the game experience more fulfilling and it cratered for many game style's Respawn could not have for seen the outcome , but the skill gap is and issue and still is to this day hence why games like COD have not changed over the years and is one of the main reason Titanfall was a success the game was fun for all players season and new it made a lot of player that would normal not play multiplayer play the game and may that would normal not play campaign play the game . also the age gap COD caterer for name and kids and teens, mature players that have moved on been there done that wanted something new like yourself and i and many on this site and others. hence the reason COD have never changed hence why many stopped .

The players that like to say git gud are pretty much talking out there ASS and they think because a person that don't like certain features or games it's because they can't play LOL give me a break , ps not saying you . but talking about gamers in general that like to talk that players need to git gud and so on all players are skilled in there own way or another and bring something different to the battlefield and is one thing that games like Titanfall did for gamers.
    Am pretty good i could hold my own with minimal effort and i am also saying that the second game does not have the elements that made the first game great , but only time will tell as from the feedback from the Titanfall community we hope the final product will be what we expected the game to be and then some.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

But we have to remember that we weren't playing a marketing beta.. we were playing a pre-alpha tech test with a LOT of stuff stripped out of the game because the main point of this was to test their servers to make sure they'd handle opening day. I think what a lot of people missed was Attrition and the overall "war" feel that Attrition gave so many players in the first game.

I'm with this. I definitely think they should have Attrition in the full game and they just might, we don't know yet. I think a lot of the complaints most likely boil down to the AI not being in really any of the game modes except Bounty Hunt. Once you start using the battery system, you can keep your Titans for just as long as you could in Titanfall 1.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trini Chinese

TRUE, YEP but i been around enough if it looks like a duck and it quack like a duck any body could call it a cow lol,

i understand clearly what you are saying and do agree but being so close to launch , what can i say i am hopeful some are not but i will try to keep my fellow community members hope up wile not bull shit with any one and company's do this we can only tell when the full games come out and i have faith it will be great. but still i that said my expectations have dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Trini, I love you buddy, but this conversation should have been ended by saying this. You cannot judge how Titanfall 2 speed or anything is by looking at a video of Gamesager. He does not represent new players, average players, advanced players or even elite players. Gamesager is in a class of his own. Most people in their wildest dreams will never even be able to do 10% of what he does. I remember when I was trying to figure out how to get the damn goosers done about 2 years ago and I ran across a video of this guy and if I remember correctly, he got 8 goosers in 1 CTF match on Boneyard and it didn't matter if he was a pilot or a titan. He is almost super human when it comes to games (his vision, his speed, his accuracy, his reflexes, his situational awareness), so he should never be used to demonstrate how a game is going to play for anyone else.

Actually I found the video, 57 kills in one game and 8 goosers. Even more important than that, look at the date of the video, April 3, 2014. This game was only officially out for 19 days and he was doing this. I've been playing for 29 months and can't even come anywhere close to that. Like I said, his videos are not a good representation of what others can expect:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trini Chinese

yep this kid is in a class of his own, his eye coordination is uncanny the speed of information that is going on in his brain lol.
    that speed of movement is way to fast for me at my age lol my eyes will not be able to focus . that and pilot vs pilot game mode is not for me in titanfall 2 . i have seen a few of young players that are very good with there movement over time and ensc if you move close to this in titanfall 1 that's impressive bro.
    in the end i get what a lot of players were saying and what the devs are trying to do , there will always be players that will push the envelope on how a game is played and one of the reasons that they and even other company's / devs have to take into account into game balance . like you said he is 1 in a million only in time with the full game we will know what player will be capable of doing , hence why making the skill gap even higher in part 2 will frustrate many and the overall game experience and not a good direction wile there are players like this in a game the implement of features that the first game had made the game was still fun and balance in an otherwise and unfair contest. the second game makes it even harder if they don't get the balance right , hopefully when we see the other titans and we get our hands on them is when we will all know what we can and can't do . we shall see ,
    AS for me there is more to Titanfall than just fast movement and like other features that made the game experience rather than just pilot movement as i have said it before all players are skilled in there own way and everyone brings something different to the battlefield .

11. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Alright I might be coming at this differently than you guys because of a skill gap (not to sound like an asshole) but 8 goosers isn't all that uncommon for me in say a CTF game. I completed the 50 gooser challenge way before people were even complaining about it.

But like I said before, we were only experiencing a very slim portion of the game. Other stuff that is actually in the full game may balance it a bit more to close that skill gap a bit more and have a variety of different things for players of all skill levels.

Also, I'm not bullshitting anyone. I really truly enjoyed the shit out of the tech test and it played it both weekends, all weekend long. There are some things even within the tech test that they're gonna have to take a look at but I'm not gonna let my hopes drop or cancel pre-orders because of a tech test. In fact, I have much more respect for companies that let you test their games before you play them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

This is just getting ridiculous now....

Im not sure who I'm calling out but I'm calling somebody out.

On occasion I'll get 3 gooses a match in attrition.....and I use the XO16. But I'm stoked if I get even one....

And I have no problems saying.....I'm pretty damn good at the game especially getting Goosers.........

If anyone is getting 8 Goosers a game regularly you have to be using the Plasma Rail Gun or Arc Cannon because all you have to do to get a Goosers with that weapon is basically close your eyes and shoot. It's so n par with using the Smart Pistol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  14. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Looks like pvp.....a COD game.....and scores.

Yes I have the insignia.........I had/have them both.

The original before they nerfed it....to 5 instead of 50. .which they retroactively gave to us....then I reset amd started the game a 2nd time once I maxed out and achieved the one like in my sig.......

I've saved all my Goosers.....in video clips. Well as many as I could before. Filled my DVR up...

I was going to create a montage but I realized I don't know how to create a montage....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It was PVP. I did the same in Bounty Hunt. Multiple games over 2700 score...

Although this is now getting off-topic. I didn't save any of my goosers because it was common but feel free to check out my YouTube, I have some TF1 game plays on there.

http://www.youtube.com/ik0n88

I do have a question though, through this technical test have you decided to not buy the game? Is it that different and/or broken to you?

16. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Game is not broken if you like Call Of Duty.

It's not Titanfall and it's not worthy of the name. IMHO. Yes it has Titans but it's a lousy follow up...

If other people enjoy the game more power to them........have fun....

Everyone can't be wrong though...

The very high level of disdain all over Social Media speaks volumes.

I'm not interested in the game personally......and I won't play it on launch date........atleast I do not look forward to the date like I once did.

I did order the vanguard edition for the helmet so I'll have the game automatically......

My daughter likes it or did like the mech test so she'll play the game....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't like Call of Duty to date but I've liked all the CoDs that this team has made before they were Respawn (CoD1, CoD2, CoD4, MW2).

I understand that it was getting destroyed on social media but I think a lot of that is because of a bandwagon snowball effect and the fact that people love to be negative.

I think it plays and feels like Titanfall and deserves the name so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

18. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

If u say so.

19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree with Kernel 1000%. See if you can get 8 goosers, then you are on the level of Gamesager. Guys like you are definitely going to LOOOOVE this new "Call of Duty - Titan Edition" (should not be called Titanfall 2, don't disgrace the name). See the slowed down speed to accomodate the COD guys just makes all the rest of us are like fish in a barrel for you, because we can't use evasive maneuvers we could in the first one. I loved the movement of Titanfall. First, because it just felt good. Second, because it allowed me to be evasive. So now if they are slowing me down, LESS FUN, and if that is causing me to be a fish in a barrel, EVEN LESS FUN. I think that is why true Titanfall lovers HATE it.

20. Trini Chinese

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/4z2xot/new_movement_speeds_explained_actual_numbers/

New movement speeds explained (actual numbers) (self.titanfall)

submitted 9 days ago * by wwheatleyWill Wheatley

EDIT: removed stuff about FOV at request of a Respawn dev

We all know something feels "off" with the movement in Titanfall 2. It feels slower and clunkier than Titanfall.

Some of you are probably familiar with DenKirson, a community that mines game code from FPS games to bring to you the actual stats (usually weapon stats for games like Call of Duty and Battlefield). While nobody is able to get actual firm numbers without a PC version of the game, Den himself was able to do a side-by-side comparison between Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to give us rough estimations of what is going on.

Run speed, on the ground, is actually identical (about 20kph). If anything, Titanfall 2 is faster most of the time as a result of all weapons being the same speed (heavy weapons and pistols all move at the same speed now), unlike in Titanfall 1 where even the carbine slowed you down a bit.

For wallrunning, in Den's words:

The wall running has the same physics, with a smooth arcing path that is affected by inertia to some degree (ie falling down before hitting a wall will slide you down it before accelerating laterally). It's nothing like BO3's hard attachment to a wall and then a straight line run.

Here is where things get very different:

Titanfall 1: Your speed accelerated during wallruns, starting at your run speed (~20kph) and capping at 2.0x run speed (~40kph). This took chaining two or more wallruns together, but this max speed could then be maintained indefinitely, as long as you continued chaining together wallruns and bunnyhops

Titanfall 2: Acceleration is gone, instead hitting a wallrun seems to instantly bump you up to 1.5x run speed (~30kph). When you boost yourself out of the wallrun, you immediately go to 2.0x run speed (~40kph) while airborn. This drops back down to 1.5x if you hit another wallrun, or 1.0x if you land on the ground (bunnyhops can keep you in the air at 2.0x)

This results in the strange clunky feeling we are getting. As you try to chain wallruns together, you are jerking between 30kph and 40kph, being faster in the air and slower on the wall. Whereas in the original title, you would maintain a consistent, smooth 40kph (and getting there was a smooth-feeling acceleration)

tldr;

• T1 ground = up to 20 kph
    • T1 wallrun = up to 40 kph
    • T1 airborn = up to 40 kph
    • T2 ground = 20 kph
    • T2 wallrun = 30 kph
    • T2 airborn = 40 kph
    (airborn being when jumping out of a wallrun)

There are things you can do to get your top speed to spike a bit higher for a split second, but these are roughly the speeds that you will actually be moving at.

• Like Like x 1