Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Technical Test: What do you think?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Aug 19, 2016.

?
  1. Love it

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Needs a little work

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Needs a LOT of work

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Hate it

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

The Titanfall 2 open multiplayer beta / technical test is officially live. After you guys gave spent some time with it, what do you think?

Let vote I'm the poll and then post your feedback or praise in the thread for the developers to take a look at. Anxious to hear what you guys think!

2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

What a time to be on holiday!!!:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Less frantic, more fluid. The guns feel 'beefier' like they have more substance to them.

Earning your titans has got rid of the often seen big titan battles. Good or bad thing? Not sure yet.

The need to nerf the assault rifle. Makes the other weapons pointless. Similar to the 101, it's a laser beam!

I love the feeling of weight you get with the grapple, and its range is perfect.

Menus are slicker, easier to navigate.

I kind of miss the old rodeo system though. Working in tandem can make fast work of an enemy titan.

• Like Like x 3
  4. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I like the fluid feel to the game. The boost noise needs to be higher though...it needs to sound like jet packs.

I absolutely hate how the enemy looks. The red halo is lame.

Rodeo is dumb...the worst. It's not interactive at all. Big deal. I jump on a Titan and it goes AI from there. Then it kicks me off then I have to jump again? Only to keep doing this?

The interaction or lack of is lame......pathetic actually..

I don't care for the Titans. The lack of customizing your own Titan is terrible. I want to pick my Ogre.....or Whatever...then give it smoke. Or whatever. Having the same thing for everyone is a step back.

The weapons feel different as well.

Overall. I have 5 hours into the game.....

Bounty Humter is ok.

PVP is just call of duty....

At this point...and I know it's the pre Alpha....I am not impressed.

It has zero feeling of Titanfall.

The colors of the game...everything is lacking IMHO.

I'm seriously let down..

• Like Like x 1
  5. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

The lack of detail is missing.

The Maps of Titanfall are excellent...crystal clear....in depth realization.

These present maps seem dull...unabsorving...it all looks the same with some broken walls thrown everywhere. Some bushes here and there...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Autumn Wind

Autumn Wind Generation 2

The fundamental changes to the Titans is nothing short of disappointing. The removal of shields has made Titans less meaningful and special. Truly dissapointing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

yep , as i play more and more i get disappointed as i keep saying it feel so so empty , as a player that played the first on xbox and play most of my games on ps4 new players to the game are going to just see a COD with Mech's , Titanfall 2 has lost it's originality .

when playing bounty hunt mode which is the one preferred as it's the only one with ai the maps still feel very empty it lost the dynamic feel to the game the balance is gone as even in hard point i have said this so many times if you take away just one thing from the game it will change it and so said guess what it's a camper galore , with out bots and small player count hard point has become a rooftop camper galore , they just sit there till you pass just like other shooter games with similar design. one may call it defending but when a player stays in the same spot over and over with the spawn always behind the objective it is difficult to even pass around a flank .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

The gameplay is fluid, fast paced, i like the colors, effect, animations, the animation to put a grenade inside an enemy titan is awesome,
    i don't know if there is any interacton between the teammates, ir how much time do we have to wait to respawn after getting killed

9. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Are you new to the game as a whole? Have you played it before? Are you playing on PS4?

I ask this because the whole putting the grenade thing down the battery core is lame. If we were able to do this ourselves or shoot at the core it would be awesome.

The way it was in the first game is you rodeo the pilot......ripoff the core hatch and then shoot into it. It's interactive.

This whole jump on and let the computer AI handle things is silly. It allows me to grab a handful of Cheetos though,

It needs to be like t1""

Thumbs down.

10. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I like the feel, a few things similarly mentioned by my peers has me a little disappointed, however there is time for adjustment.

Overall,
    I intend to find a nice spot on the maps and sharpshoot while listening to Sebastian Bach and eating hot Cheetos o_O

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jrbl1

Jrbl1 Generation 1

Super Fun, One issue - ON PS4 - When you play a full game with a team and at the end it seems I get shoved into already started games each time. I am used to maybe getting tossed into the middle of a round and then playing full games. Just a little nitpick as I have been enjoying the Beta very much. Really having fun with the new grapple and it is nice to play it on my PS4 (even though I will probably get PC version because of PS4 storage limitations) Great job can't wait to play Single Player.

12. Trini Chinese

this post is some thing i read , and strongly agree with. on the Titanfall main site, have a look when you get a chance.

Part 1: Intro

This is a rather long post that I'd like to address to Respawn, and I hope that you don't take my criticisms too personally but just consider them as well as my compliments.

Part 2: Impressions

I'll admit, my first impression of the game from the gamescom stream was definitely less than stellar. However, after watching some streams, I changed my mind. New abilities look great, bounty hunt looked awesome too!

Today, I went to a friend's house (I don't have a console) and I got to try it for myself. My new feeling is that; It's awful. And I don't mean this in a mean or rude way, the game Respawn has made is a very solid and fun shooter. The problem is that it's almost nothing like titanfall, and more like black ops 3 in a titanfall setting. Titans are less of a game mechanic and more of an environmental gimmick to remind you that you're not playing COD. If you're not in bounty hunt, a Titan is a rare sight, like behemoths in BF1 except they're given as killstreaks and not as a balancing tool. The issue here is not how long it takes to get a Titan, but how you go about getting one. This also ties in to my thoughts about the grunts and the replacement of attrition.

Part 3: Grunts, Attrition, and the like.

Titanfall 2 has a complete lack of and is totally devoid of life. What I loved most about attrition, grunts, and titanfall's game modes in general was the feeling of a Battlefield that it had. Even though it was only 6v6, it felt like a real war. The grunts, dropships, and spectres dropping in and fighting gave me the feeling that there was something much bigger than just the pilots.

The ambient dialogue from the grunts was very immersive (all 35gb of it) and also told us a ton of what we know from the lore.

It was really cool hopping through a window and seeing a grunt mourning his buddy or dragging him our of the lime of fire. Or occasionally, you could break up a fight between a friendly grunt and enemy spectre.

In titanfall 2, all of that is gone. Grunts and spectres now have set numbers per wave ala frontier defense. There's no chance to experience a random encounter, the feel of war is lost etc. They spawn in set numbers, get picked off, and then a little later the next wave begins, whereas in tfall1 there was a steady stream of combatants.

In attrition I played to win, or more accurately, to have fun. Another thing I loved about attrition is that any player with nearly any skill level could contribute to the team without having to go Uber try hard enhanced smart pistol. Attrition was an easy to pick up, fun for all ages game mode. When I first started playing titanfall in the second to last week of March 2 years ago, I had fun and contributed to my team even though I was terrible. Killing grunts and spectres was just as valuable if not more valuable then pvp, and any player could do it. Not only that, but it kept camping from being a more viable playstyles then running. If you camped, the enemy was free to farm grunts. In titanfall 2, camping is not only viable but is currently the only way to play. If you try to wallrun or do any sort of parkour you'll just get sniped or shot thanks to the new TTK. The lack of grunts and spectres and their worthlessness in terms of score removes this "fun for all ages" aspect. Drew McCoy said something recently along the lines of Bounty Hunt being Attrition 2.0, and I can't disagree more. It feels the other way around.

Part 3.5: Grunts and Earning Titans

Witnessing a titanfall in titanfall 2 is almost a rarity, and not because of easily tweaked meter values. Titans no longer being on a timer, and the lack of grunts/spectres is a huge mistake. Another feature that contributed to titanfall's fun for all ages was that everyone would get a Titan eventually. Not a good PvP player, but an awesome Titan pilot? Don't worry, wait a bit or farm some grunts and you'll get your Titan. That's totally gone as well. Upping the grunt counts in Bounty Hunt might help a bit, but in other game modes where grunts have been removed? This also kept the game balanced, as one team would never be completely stomping the other with Titans.

With the new system, the opposite is true. The only matches where someone will have a Titan is one where the skill gap is so large between teams that one team will never get Titans while the other team does. I thought at first that the Titan meter going down when your performance goes down was a joke, because it's such a big "fuck you" to anyone who enjoyed the original game.

Part 3.75: The removal of attrition

Adding on to what I said before about bounty hunt replacing attrition, I think this was a terrible idea. It's an astonishing mystery to me why you decided to replace it. Even 2 years later, when every other game mode is totally dead, attrition has a solid and consistent minimum of 200 players playing AT ANY TIME OF DAY!!! I can play literally all day. I sometimes stay up to 6 am playing attrition just because I can.

Part 4: Map Design

After spending some time playing on and exploring the maps, I'm very disappointed by the map design. I'm totally bewildered by how, after the abomination known as Fracture, and Respawn's following track record of making nothing but amazing maps after, that the first featured maps include not one, but two maps that suffer from the same problems. I hope that the other titanfall 2 maps do not follow in the same vein. That's all I can really say for now.

Part 5: Titan Combat and Rodeos

Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned issues with earning Titans I can't say too much. I rarely got Titans in hardpoint and when I did, it's because I was crushing the other team so hard that they didn't have a chance at getting one.

From what I did get to see, there is a huge lack of depth in Titan Combat. The lack of regenerating shields means that even in the hands of pro players, Titans are a little more than disposable. Titan fights have been dumbed down to being nothing more than whoever can land hits first. And I know I'm not the only one, all I see browsing the internet are complaints about Titans not even lasting 45 seconds.

And even then, thanks to the new core abilities, even if you win a Titan standoff with half your health remaining, a flame core or laser core can you from half health to doomed in a matter of seconds. Even worse, being doomed no longer prevents you from using your core ability.

For the new rodeo system, I absolutely love it. It promotes teamplay but at the same time doesn't really punish you for using the battery yourself. My only complaint is that shields aren't actually shields, but just an extra temporary health bar.

I also love the new Titan loadouts. I think that design and balance wise, it's a great decision, and so far, with the exception of the core abilities, it seems to playing out very well.

Part 6: Abilities

I don't really have much to say about the abilities, because I love them. I think every one of them is great and/or a great improvement on the original. Stim is no longer a requirement, but in the right hands more capable. The grapple is a cool tool that can be detrimental if used wrong but amazing if used right. Et cetera. All in all, good fucking job Respawn!

Part 7: Factions

Okay, this part is sort of a rant. Switching the new factions with the IMC and Militia is a terrible idea. I can't even fathom the idea of someone at Respawn saying "Ok, our fans loved the lore of the two factions and want more. Let's create a singleplayer campaign that does just that, and then ditch them in the main game." The feeling of two warring factions is totally gone and everyone looks the same. All I can say is, what the fuck? Why?!

Ok, rant over.

Part 8: Conclusion

I might add more to this but for now, that's all for now. All in all, while you (Respawn) took a few of the game's aspects and features a step or two forward, the rest fell 4 steps behind. As it stands now, it's very hard to be excited for this game. I've gone from bugging Vince (sorry!) for info on the pc collectors edition because I wanted it so badly, to not even wanting to pre order at all. I still have faith in you guys and the game, but I'll have to see it to believe it at this point. In conclusion, titanfall in its current state takes one step forward and 3 steps back, although I still have faith that it can be turned around on to the right path.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thegamer632

Thegamer632 Generation 1

Please add an FOV slider to the console version of this game. The narrow FOV makes me sick. Other than this
    I love the game but the FOV is a deal breaker on a purchase. Applause to Battlefield 1 for having the option.

14. Trini Chinese

i totally agree with you , bellow is some thing i read in here on a different post and agree with the letter. and would like for others to read as it says a lot of what we are thinking.

A Letter To Respawn .

Part 1: Intro
    This is a rather long post that I'd like to address to Respawn, and I hope that you don't take my criticisms too personally but just consider them as well as my compliments.
    Part 2: Impressions
    I'll admit, my first impression of the game from the gamescom stream was definitely less than stellar. However, after watching some streams, I changed my mind. New abilities look great, bounty hunt looked awesome too!
    Today, I went to a friend's house (I don't have a console) and I got to try it for myself. My new feeling is that; It's awful. And I don't mean this in a mean or rude way, the game Respawn has made is a very solid and fun shooter. The problem is that it's almost nothing like titanfall, and more like black ops 3 in a titanfall setting. Titans are less of a game mechanic and more of an environmental gimmick to remind you that you're not playing COD. If you're not in bounty hunt, a Titan is a rare sight, like behemoths in BF1 except they're given as killstreaks and not as a balancing tool. The issue here is not how long it takes to get a Titan, but how you go about getting one. This also ties in to my thoughts about the grunts and the replacement of attrition.
    Part 3: Grunts, Attrition, and the like.
    Titanfall 2 has a complete lack of and is totally devoid of life. What I loved most about attrition, grunts, and titanfall's game modes in general was the feeling of a Battlefield that it had. Even though it was only 6v6, it felt like a real war. The grunts, dropships, and spectres dropping in and fighting gave me the feeling that there was something much bigger than just the pilots.
    The ambient dialogue from the grunts was very immersive (all 35gb of it) and also told us a ton of what we know from the lore.
    It was really cool hopping through a window and seeing a grunt mourning his buddy or dragging him our of the lime of fire. Or occasionally, you could break up a fight between a friendly grunt and enemy spectre.
    In titanfall 2, all of that is gone. Grunts and spectres now have set numbers per wave ala frontier defense. There's no chance to experience a random encounter, the feel of war is lost etc. They spawn in set numbers, get picked off, and then a little later the next wave begins, whereas in tfall1 there was a steady stream of combatants.
    In attrition I played to win, or more accurately, to have fun. Another thing I loved about attrition is that any player with nearly any skill level could contribute to the team without having to go Uber try hard enhanced smart pistol. Attrition was an easy to pick up, fun for all ages game mode. When I first started playing titanfall in the second to last week of March 2 years ago, I had fun and contributed to my team even though I was terrible. Killing grunts and spectres was just as valuable if not more valuable then pvp, and any player could do it. Not only that, but it kept camping from being a more viable playstyles then running. If you camped, the enemy was free to farm grunts. In titanfall 2, camping is not only viable but is currently the only way to play. If you try to wallrun or do any sort of parkour you'll just get sniped or shot thanks to the new TTK. The lack of grunts and spectres and their worthlessness in terms of score removes this "fun for all ages" aspect. Drew McCoy said something recently along the lines of Bounty Hunt being Attrition 2.0, and I can't disagree more. It feels the other way around.
    Part 3.5: Grunts and Earning Titans
    Witnessing a titanfall in titanfall 2 is almost a rarity, and not because of easily tweaked meter values. Titans no longer being on a timer, and the lack of grunts/spectres is a huge mistake. Another feature that contributed to titanfall's fun for all ages was that everyone would get a Titan eventually. Not a good PvP player, but an awesome Titan pilot? Don't worry, wait a bit or farm some grunts and you'll get your Titan. That's totally gone as well. Upping the grunt counts in Bounty Hunt might help a bit, but in other game modes where grunts have been removed? This also kept the game balanced, as one team would never be completely stomping the other with Titans.
    With the new system, the opposite is true. The only matches where someone will have a Titan is one where the skill gap is so large between teams that one team will never get Titans while the other team does. I thought at first that the Titan meter going down when your performance goes down was a joke, because it's such a big "fuck you" to anyone who enjoyed the original game.
    Part 3.75: The removal of attrition
    Adding on to what I said before about bounty hunt replacing attrition, I think this was a terrible idea. It's an astonishing mystery to me why you decided to replace it. Even 2 years later, when every other game mode is totally dead, attrition has a solid and consistent minimum of 200 players playing AT ANY TIME OF DAY!!! I can play literally all day. I sometimes stay up to 6 am playing attrition just because I can.
    Part 4: Map Design
    After spending some time playing on and exploring the maps, I'm very disappointed by the map design. I'm totally bewildered by how, after the abomination known as Fracture, and Respawn's following track record of making nothing but amazing maps after, that the first featured maps include not one, but two maps that suffer from the same problems. I hope that the other titanfall 2 maps do not follow in the same vein. That's all I can really say for now.
    Part 5: Titan Combat and Rodeos
    Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned issues with earning Titans I can't say too much. I rarely got Titans in hardpoint and when I did, it's because I was crushing the other team so hard that they didn't have a chance at getting one.
    From what I did get to see, there is a huge lack of depth in Titan Combat. The lack of regenerating shields means that even in the hands of pro players, Titans are a little more than disposable. Titan fights have been dumbed down to being nothing more than whoever can land hits first. And I know I'm not the only one, all I see browsing the internet are complaints about Titans not even lasting 45 seconds.
    And even then, thanks to the new core abilities, even if you win a Titan standoff with half your health remaining, a flame core or laser core can you from half health to doomed in a matter of seconds. Even worse, being doomed no longer prevents you from using your core ability.
    For the new rodeo system, I absolutely love it. It promotes teamplay but at the same time doesn't really punish you for using the battery yourself. My only complaint is that shields aren't actually shields, but just an extra temporary health bar.
    I also love the new Titan loadouts. I think that design and balance wise, it's a great decision, and so far, with the exception of the core abilities, it seems to playing out very well.
    Part 6: Abilities
    I don't really have much to say about the abilities, because I love them. I think every one of them is great and/or a great improvement on the original. Stim is no longer a requirement, but in the right hands more capable. The grapple is a cool tool that can be detrimental if used wrong but amazing if used right. Et cetera. All in all, good fucking job Respawn!
    Part 7: Factions
    Okay, this part is sort of a rant. Switching the new factions with the IMC and Militia is a terrible idea. I can't even fathom the idea of someone at Respawn saying "Ok, our fans loved the lore of the two factions and want more. Let's create a singleplayer campaign that does just that, and then ditch them in the main game." The feeling of two warring factions is totally gone and everyone looks the same. All I can say is, what the fuck? Why?!
    Ok, rant over.
    Part 8: Conclusion
    I might add more to this but for now, that's all for now. All in all, while you (Respawn) took a few of the game's aspects and features a step or two forward, the rest fell 4 steps behind. As it stands now, it's very hard to be excited for this game. I've gone from bugging Vince (sorry!) for info on the pc collectors edition because I wanted it so badly, to not even wanting to pre order at all. I still have faith in you guys and the game, but I'll have to see it to believe it at this point. In conclusion, titanfall in its current state takes one step forward and 3 steps back, although I still have faith that it can be turned around on to the right path.

15. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Honestly the thing that profoundly pissed me off the most was the lack of attrition and the "earning" of Titans, we are Pilots.. Gods amongst men.. And as Gods how can we display our prowess to the simple when we have to earn our right to do so ?
    Blasphemy! We have more than earned it! Even new players such as my self have earned it! When in less than a month you manage to get to Gen 5 and a platinum rank of 3, you have earned it!

Again I thankfully say there is time to fix things and to adjust but in the end I will play, I will adapt and I will conquer..

And I know there are other brothers/sisters that are crying at the beta and its false revelations of progress but.. We will overcome!

Because we must!

(Riding a Vikings high.. I'm finally caught up on the seasons haha)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trini Chinese

i know bro i know , this is frustrating and we have to do our part and spreed the word .
    titan fall 2 is like when i am thinking am gonna get some from a woman and in my mind i am thinking you know what YES , and then guess what all i got was a hand job, lol
    I want what i was getting before Dame IT lol with extras lol
    on a serious note i really hope they listen to us as the game is out in a month give or take .

• Like Like x 1
  17. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Lots of detailed feedback coming into this thread, so keep it coming!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ice

ice Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

My thoughts on the tech test:

Don't like the new minimap

pilot weapons are great

bounty hunt is ok, but I prefer attrition from TF1

wouldn't mind having ai in amped hardpoint to give the maps a little more life

rodeo was way better in TF1 both as a pilot rodeoing and as a titan being rodeod

titans need more customization options

and enemy pilots glow red now, don't really like it but its very convenient when a pilot keeps trying to rodeo you

19. Basic stupidity

Basic stupidity Generation 2

The game is amazing. The titan and pilot changes were much needed and are all excellent. The rodeo, titan support streak thing, pilot super charge, eject nerf, and the classes all make the gameplay experience much better than the previous game and most of all this feels like a true sequel just plain a better game. Dont change any of these core gameplay changes.

20. Basic stupidity

Basic stupidity Generation 2

Titans are 10 times more powerful now thanks to the new rodeo system/titan combat. In titanfall 1 you only had that pathetic shield on your titan and that was your only defense and once that was gone you sol. But now, you can actually survive and fight titan battles after one another through the rodeo health system. I always found that titanfall 1's titan combat was more or less, with little variation, 1 and done. This was one of the things I felt hurt the game the most because it ruined the replabiltiy. Now tho no one can stop me once I am in a titan!