Titanfall Titanfall 2: No secondary?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Zeus65, Sep 8, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zeus65

Zeus65 Generation 1

Hi I noticed that during the tech alpha characters didn't have a pistol unless they removed their titan weapon.. why? Just find that strange with the idea to switch to secondary instead of reloading being a skill.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree with you on this point. You shouldn't have to choose between a secondary and an anti-Titan weapon, you should have both.

• Like Like x 3
  3. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Just another poor decision to be added to the list...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i think they did this because of the pilot vs pilots mode or the modes without titans IMO . i would like to have the pistol as a back up but other than that i have gotten used to not having it to be honest .

• Like Like x 2
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree with everyone. As Kernel said, it was another poor decision, but as Trini said, I will get used to it. Actually, for me, I probably will never even notice. The absolute only time I ever used my sidearm was to use the RE-45 when rodeoing a Titan, so since you have no role in rodeoing a titan anymore (just animations), then there is no need for the sidearm for me anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I utilized my sidearm quite often.

I also picked up weapons from other pilots...grunts and spectres in place of my sidearm.....allowing me to carry around two primaries...........bringing down a Titan was like butter......the pilots operating the Titan didn't know what the hell happened......lol

Jump on Titan
    Remove core hatch cover....
    Fire First primary weapon until empty
    Quick switch to Second primaryweapon and fire until empty....
    Drop a Satchel or arc mine then hop off........it usually did the job 95% of the time....

Easy squeezy japanesey

• Like Like x 3
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, that is a good point. I didn't use that stategy of swapping my sidearm for a second primary, but my one buddy did all the time and I think it is a smart strategy. The only reason I didn't was my strategy is based on keeping that booty constantly moving and I know the second I paused to look down at what a weapon was, someone would get a cheap kill on me that they otherwise would have never gotten and I would be furious. So for me, the trade off of those deaths I would get was not worth getting a good second primary and living long enough to make it worthwhile.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ItsJustaGame

ItsJustaGame Generation 2

Too bad they simplified rodeoing. It's not as fun and challenging imho

• Like Like x 2
  9. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I personally use the term " dumbed down " and not simplified.......

• Like Like x 1
  10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I think you are right. I don't think it will be as fun anymore. One of the things I worked really hard on was fighting as a pilot against a titan. I always assume he has buddies watching and I always assume he will either pop smoke, cluster missile above me, or get out, unless I just knew he was a new player and I knew he had no help nearby, then I would just do a pure rodeo. That rarely happens anymore though, to have just a safe, pure rodeo anymore. So here is how I take down a titan as a pilot and I'm not even affraid to get in the middle of 3 titans and do it and I don't care if he gets out, and I don't care if there are other pilots trying to get me.
    1) First, I will hit him with 2 arc grenades.
    2) Then I will start taking him down with the Sidewinder.
    3) If I sense he's a good shot, I will go right at him and jump on him just long enough to make him react.
    4) Then I will jump off and continue Sidewindering him until he spots me again.
    5) Then jump back on him and jump right off, trying to go in a different direction.
    ...then just keep repeating steps 4 and 5 until he's done
    ...then if I was in the middle of 2 or 3 titans, I start the same process (minus the arc grenades) with the next one

I've already taken out 3 titans in a group like this with 2 other pilots trying to shoot me while I'm doing it.

Even if it is just one titan though and even if you don't completely get him, but let's just say you give him 90% damage, if it was their best player, think about it, you just wasted so much of his time that he could have been killing other things on top of taking away 90% of his health.

I'm not sure if this new system will allow for that kind of fun.

11. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

it ok from what i have experience , not so bad , as there will be more ways to take down a titan and i believe that when the full game is out you guys will find new and more epic ways to take out titans or multiple that and i am hopping that they put in a custom feature to rodeo / battery removal but we shall see , i must admit i am still pretty excited to play am not as worked up as before from what i have been reading the community feed back and respawn experience i think we have a winner and for the future , i feel good about it .

• Like Like x 1
  12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I'm keeping my powder dry for now, mainly because it sounds like they've at least made an attempt to improve matchmaking, which was one of my 2 most important desired improvements, with the other being a solid anti-cheat system (hope they copy Blizzard's Overwatch system). However, I will not quickly forget that they listened to their COD buddies (or people who hated the original game) instead of listening to people who actually loved the original game. I will also not quickly forget that the PC has been treated like a red headed stepchild (no Vanguard edition until pressured, no Beta test, etc.). Since I haven't been able to get my hands on it because of no Beta test for the PC, I will try to hold my fire until I get to try it myself and I am very hopeful that it will be a game I will love even if it does feel different from the original. If it is good, I will be the first to admit I was wrong and I will shower them with praise for everything I think is good. But if it's not good...look out, because my powder will no longer be dry and I'm coming out with all guns ablazing.

13. Basic stupidity

Basic stupidity Generation 2

The reason most likely had to do with balancing pilots and making them less powerful. They shouldnt be able to effectively take out both pilots and titans at the same time so I agree with respawns decision

14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#14 ensc, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. A game is fictional. I don't need it to be realistic, especially in areas that make the game less fun or annoying. In my opinion, any shooting games should be like Borderlands, where you can have 5 primary weapons you can switch between by clicking 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. That way you can have a pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle and rocket launcher at your fingertips. To take it further, if it is a fictional game, which it is, I want infinite ammunition. I shouldn't have to ever worry about reloading or a gun overheating (as in Battlefront). It does not give anyone an advantage, because everyone has the same benefit, but it allows it to be pure skill on skill without having to worry about managing ammunition, which becomes too much like work and it is a game, which is supposed to be complete fun. If I prefer using a shotgun, but there is some dude thinking he's going to snipe me from across the map, I should be able to pull out my sniper rifle, put one between his eyes and discourage him from trying that crap again, and then get back to using my shotgun. So, I absolutely disagree with Respawn's decision. You should be able to carry more weapons, not less. If you want to make it more realistic, fine, then give the pilot a reinforced metal frame suit so that he can carry 500 pounds of equipment without skipping a beat.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Since this thread started about no secondary, let me get back on track - a little late maybe!

I like having a pistol, especially when doing challenges with a sniper rifle since it is useful in close quarters, also I agree If I can swap my pistol for an LMG that is great for Rodeoing Titans.

I say give it back!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

AGREED! At a minimum, leave it the way it was in TF1.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Ensc, it's always refreshing when someone mentions borderlands. I have to agree 100% about having multiple weapons and ammunition. I'd also like to add that switching weapons and reloading should be as fast as possible. Video games should solely be based on skill. Campaigns should be as real as possible but multiplayer has to be skill.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Ahhhhh, Borderlands. One of my favorites. It's funny too, because I have been so frustrated with the lack of matchmaking, cheaters running wild and packs of players playing coordinated in the current low user base of TF1 that after writing that post above I thought I would give Borderlands The Pre-Sequel a fair chance. I absolutely loved Borderlands and Borderlands 2, but I never gave The Pre-Sequel a good chance, because I bought it 2 years ago and was so locked into Titanfall mode and it's fluid movement. Every other game felt like you were stuck in the mud, so I would almost immediately go right back to Titanfall. After giving The Pre-Sequel a fair chance and getting used to using the Oz Tanks, I absolutely love it and it reminds me of why I loved the first 2 games so much. I'm not a big fan of modding games, but the thing I loved most about the first Borderlands, which I was able to do by modding, was there was an arena game in the General Knoxx's Armory expansion pack called Circle of Duty. There were 5 different waves you could complete in the Circle of Duty and they were increasingly difficult. What I was able to do was activate all 5 waves at the same time, so when I stepped into the arena I had all 5 waves of baddies coming at me at once. First objective, find a GOOD hiding place so you can recover when you need to. I found a really good one, but it still took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to defeat all of the baddies. I've gone back and done that probably about 6 times now.

Anyway, yes, when it comes to the best weapons and ammo and allowing you to have all of them at your disposal at the same time, nothing comes close to Borderlands. There is nothing like having a good sniper rifle with 4X elemental Fire damage.

THANKS! Always appreciate a fellow citizen of Pandora.

19. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

A secondary is great bit it is balanced by havingbinlimited grenades. What is necessary is that everyone has a grappling hook at all times akin to our jet packs. The perk should not be the hook itself. Maybe they could have an extended or more sticky hook as the perk.

20. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I absolutely think everyone should have a grappling hook.
    I'd also wonder what titanfall would be like if every pilot had every skill but could only use one at a time. Have 4 abilities assigned to the d pad and have grapple hook as an accessory just like your jet pack.

I'd love this game to allow pilots an unlimited amount of power.

• Like Like x 1