Titanfall 2 tech rest NOT coming to PC

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Bruvas, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

2. Trini Chinese

a lot of guns , am on Titanfall 2 overload can't wait to play this weekend.

3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

This is causing a giant storm on the Titanfall subreddit. I started using it way more than here, and it has the majority of PC players disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It was at this point I threw up my hands. Come on Friday!!!:D

5. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

Yep, just cancelled the pre-order today. What a huge slap in the face and brings up a big LIGHTBULB over the head of why Vince was canned at Infinity Ward.

So the first game was originally a PC exclusive and had a ton more content and then bring in microsoft and their crappy console and a bunch of stuff had to be taken out so it would work on their dumb consoles and the great game died in a month.

Now the game is another horrible port but is so bad that they are using a line of not wanting to spoil the ending to justify screwing PC players again? Up yours Vince. No thanks.

I paid over $100 on downloading his map packs in the first game to help fund them even though I could have bought the season pass. Unbelievable.

Plus it seems more and more like this is call of duty with robots again. Man Vince seemed to have listened to the call of duty kiddies instead of the true fans of the game.

This has disaster written all over it.

6. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

UH it was originally made for the PC community and was a PC exclusive. I found an old IG4 article about it. Respawn did not have the server capacity after the beta showed how excited people were about it and when it blew up. Then they sold out to Microsoft and a ton of stuff was taken out of the game.

It was supposed to be a PC exclusive and we got screwed on that one like we got screwed on this beta. People thinking this is going to be get better by release for PC are dreaming. The game is being finalized in the port and such a shame because I was a big titanfall fan. They can keep this one.

Here is the article

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/respawn-titanfall-originally-not-expected-for-xbox-one

7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Please don't give me the bleeding heart story of selling out to a corporation. 99% of game developers are in the business to pay the mortgage, put their kids through college, and keep up their high profile smack habit (possibly!)

Without the backing of MS it may have turned out like Hawken (not a bad thing, but not the Titanfall I love)

I've been gaming since the majority of you were a glimmer in your dads eye, and I'll tell you this - the pathetic self entitlement from the spoiled masses sickens me. If that's the idiotic view you have - good. One less in the community. If that's the view of the average gamer on WHATEVER platform, then I hope the can the entire project for that platform.

THESE PEOPLE OWE YOU NOTHING. YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY THEIR GAME.

If it sells 5 copies, I'll eat my words, otherwise grow up.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Thank you God!
    Someone said something..
    PS. Am I still apart of the spoiled mass even though I spoil myself with my own money?

• Like Like x 1
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  9. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you on that @Bruvas. All this gibber jabber about all of the unimportant BS. On October 28th we'll all have the choice to buy, or not buy whatever RESPAWN has decided to put out there for us. To be honest all of this crap being spouted around here is (to me) taking the fun out of the game. Why not you guys with the big numbers and they guys with the big words combine your superior intelects and come up with something that's entertaining... because this isn't.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

That was not the original argument. The dude said the game was for next gen consoles and it wasn't. I get the fact they had to pay mortgages and so on. I am 45 years old, I have been around the block. One of my good friends is a developer at Respawn and has been with them before Vince was canned and jumped ship so do not act like I am just spouting off to spout off.

The backing of microsoft was only for server purposes, nothing more. They had more than enough revenue from the first offering to more than cover server costs and so on. Vince became greedy and that is why the game, in my opinion and frankly quite a bit more, looks like crap. It is not the same game I fell in love with and others as well.

It has nothing to do with a bleeding heart nonsense. I doubt you are my age or older so you might want to rethink that. I am tired of this self entitlement nonsense whenever anyone complains about a game, especially to those that pre-ordered.

We are customers, these games are not free so you can give me a break with that nonsense.

Again, I am 45 born in 71. You older than that? If not quit telling me to grow up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

Maybe you missed the whole pre-order thing that people actually paid to have. If memory serves, purchasing a game on pre-order is not free. Maybe you can tell me if it is or not. I already made the decision to purchase it or do I have to look up pre-orders definition and spell it out for you.

If you are over the age of 45, which I doubt, then I could understand the arguments.

This nonsense about coming up with a new game is so stupidly overplayed with the HATER comment it makes me want to puke. If I go to a restaurant to have a steak and it comes out like crap and I complain I am doubting the owner would tell me to go make a better one. That is today's kid and millennial thinking. I paid respawn for a game that turned out like crap. If you disagree fine, I am not about to tell you to go make a new one.

good grief some of you. I am hoping there is not something that upset you to the point you voiced a negative opinion rainman or I could use the HYPOCRITE word pretty easily. How about they just give me the game I paid for and hoped for.

12. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

Why not speak for yourself then? If you got something to say to someone, say it. Be a man, be a big boy. Quit relying on others to do your speaking for you.

13. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

You are not behaving like a 45 year old.. Ranting on a forum about a game you preordered lol
    I'm 23 and I preordered as well, sure there are some things I don't like but oh well. Money comes money goes. If it's rough on your wallet, go get a better job that pays more.

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 2
  14. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

Oh spare me the behavior nonsense Ninja. Yes giving my opinion on a game I pre-ordered. So is this the gush only section of the board or what?

Now you are slinging out personal insults about my wallet? Now that is cute putz. You represent the millennial generation well.

Money comes and goes for you because you are probably still living at home with mommy and she is buying stuff for you. See how dumb this insult thing goes?

Your argument was proven wrong and when that happens, with your generation of folks, you result to insults. Bravo.

15. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

16. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I don't need to insult you because I already know where I stand lmao.
    Making more money than you, married, playing games, and not crying like a little girl on a forum.. Good game buddy sit down and grab a beer, maybe send me an application so you can get hired and not have to worry about a video game.

It's one thing to express your disappointment and another to rant/rave for attention.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

LOL. What a clown you are. Why not go screw yourself smart azz. You sell some kind of cream? LOL. What a dweeb. Little millennial dweeb.
    You have a ton of growing up to do.

I am not looking for attention but your veiled attempts at trying to be some internet tough guy are laughable. I spent quite a while in the military.

I will be glad to take that application, pretty sure I will end up shoving it up your smart mouth prick. Look me up in Florida next time you want to discuss this in person.

18. Trini Chinese

I myself don't think PC put the game Titanfall 1 on the map just because it was originally planed or design for . granted the pc depending on the time will be and has more specs than consoles but all gaming systems have there strength and weakness.

it is unfortunate that PC did not get to play the Test as it would have been interesting to get feed back on the game and how in played via mouse and keyboard that and on the topic of movement speed and so on and so on.

The game was a hit as it was some thing different and new coming from a new company that had experience devs from hit games on the market and it would only make scene to put the game out to as many as possible which is why i never understood why they did not bring it to the PS4 also being that Respawn were there own company but this was there choice in the end . for what ever reason i can't change that i could only be disappointed and move on . but if any one that played the first game on PC and are angry or disappointed or whatever feelings that was just a tech test in the end PC will still get the opportunity to play weather the game is good or bad that and they still have part 1 to play . but imagine how PS4 gamers felt not to been able to play the first.

in the end of it all weather what system you prefer or play on , the game experience from the tech test is on the mind of all titanfall fans and should be the main concern granted some talk with there mouth some with the keyboard and some with there wallets .

in the end of it all only time will tell as the only thing we all still have is a choice to play /get the game / pay money at launch or even cancel a pre order some will even cancel pre order and still get it later down and some would just leave it behind .
    it's frustrating for all of us those that enjoyed the first but here's to wishful thinking and faith .

• Like Like x 2
  19. RangerIXXI

RangerIXXI Generation 2

You get it Trini. Preorder cancellations are getting worse for Respawn and this game being sandwiched in between Call of Duty and Battlefield 1 is a death sentence for this game.

They seem to have taken everything out of the first one that made it so fun.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Oil and okay old man lol
    Wanna get back on topic now and chill?

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.