Titanfall 2 Tech Test Weekend #2 Impressions

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Aug 26, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i don't think he can, only till the second game come out we will learn more to the story and how specters have become pilots .

• Like Like x 1
  2. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

This I'm aware of but its Titanfall One. It's a good video.....

I want to know where this guy got information that shows or tells Pilots Morphing into Spectres..

• Like Like x 1
  3. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Yah...I agree.

I'm not sure where he thought he got info for what he describes but I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist...

4. Trini Chinese

i have not read any thing myself, there is no info of this other than to assume from the single player videos from part 2 , i can see that there seem to be something to do with AI but no real info till the game launch.

5. Trini Chinese

from this clip it shows what i am talking about , it's interesting to know there could be an AI uprising for not being in the multiplayer lol
    ps are you going to get the collector edition still for the Helmet and the campaign gameplay.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trini Chinese

7. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Absolutely.

Ordered from Amazon.....remember I created a thread?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm pretty sure the grunts are talking about it which would obviously just be rumors until we've seen the design of the Pilots in this game..

9. Trini Chinese

i for got lol my bad. so many post to keep up with.

10. Trini Chinese

not sure what you are relating to , what grunts? if you are talking about the specture pilots only time will tell what the story will be.

11. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

When you run past the grunts in the first game and they're chatting with each other. You could hear them talking about how they think the Pilots are actually next generation spectres.

12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Nice Trini, Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trini Chinese

i miss that one , will look over some videos of the game . i can't remember much chatter from the grunts in the tech test more screams if any as i was focus on shooting them , but they could be talking about that new specture the all white ones that were harder to kill , hopefully we get some more news on the game campaign .

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Not in the tech test. I'm talking about in Titanfall 1.

15. Trini Chinese

that video was entertaining i like the way they explained the story i believe they were featured on the official site .

• Like Like x 1
  16. PRJ since1990

PRJ since1990 Generation 1

Hey all, first post here. So while I enjoyed the tech test, there are a lot of changes I was not thrilled with compared with the original Titanfall. Now note, I still play the original on Xbox One, and have logged many hours between the 360 version (didn't own Xbox One at the time of Titanfall release) and the Xbox One version.

The pace of TF2 seems much slower than TF. The speed must be increased to match the original as well as the game modes' pacing. Keep the action going. Maps were littered with bots to shoot when enemy players were not present so there wasn't a lot of down time nor was camping a considerable problem. Amp'ing bases in Hardpoint encourages camping and that's not constructive for a game designed around constant movement.

Also, about those bots...bring back Attrition with the clear two sides, ally and enemy Grunts and Spectres so we have things to shoot to lower the Titanfall timer. And do bring back the timer. It wasn't broken and guaranteed people to get a Titan, even if they can't kill a player.

The new Titans, while I enjoy the concept of having 6 unique types to choose from, I can't help but note the lack of customizability in the first game. Loadouts were good and while TF2 gives you some customization, 2 choices among 2 perks isn't what a lot of players were hoping for. They also need to move a little quicker, including dashing options and being able to use their various abilities while on the run. Don't restrict them to one move at a time. I should be able to reload my main gun, fire my secondary or defensive ability and dash simultaneously. Encourage players to learn to combine their abilities instead of hamper them for the sake of new players.

Now here's some things I really do like. Grapple cable is awesome and almost feels like it needs to be an inherited ability, somehow lol. It just needs to be able to reel a bit faster. Love the Double Take. By far my favorite weapon to use. Stim function like it should have been that fast in the original game! Sliding is great. Hover in air ability is fun. Electric smoke grenade is cool but the Gravity Star is by far the best. Needs a little more damage though, like kill someone when they are right next to the epicenter. Ion Titan was the most fun, love the super laser attack.

TL;DR
    So in conclusion, while I like most of what I played over the two weekends, I am not entirely convinced that this is a day one purchase and that scares me because I love Titanfall so much, it's the Call of Duty for scifi guys like me who don't play CoD but want an alternative multiplayer FPS to Halo. The first Titanfall has a lot of great balancing with the Pilot vs. Titans aspect, the Titans were all balanced and gave the player options as well as the Pilot loadouts. And the game was super fast and really all it needed was a few more abilities, Titans and a Single Player mode.

Please don't feel pressured to release this game if it's not ready. The fans will respect a delay decision far more deeply than rushing something incomplete, generally disliked by a great deal of the community and trapped in a terribly busy month of top tier game releases that will certainly not make TF2 stand out like we, the fans, want it to. If you listen to us, Respawn will be hailed as a developer who actually cares about their end users (by the general public, not just the fanbase) and in turn, we will feel inherit value in your products because you first heard our feedback and wanted to make us happy.

Imagine if this game fails... I really don't want that because it means no more TF games.

17. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I've missed it also.

I've pretty much played the game to death I've never heard anything like that...

18. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

What system do you play on?

19. Trini Chinese

i have both consoles , i am most on the PS4

20. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I play on Xbox One.