Titanfall 2 Wishlist: What do you want?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Sep 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

So long as the weapon load out doesn't become too 'Call of Dutied'. I played BLOPS3 for 10 minutes then turned it off because of the ridiculousness of it all...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

They understand the concept of balance and the ridiculousness of having 38 AR's with basically the same stats. I would like to think they will stay with the "less is more" credo of the first multiplayer but also add some interesting other pieces. The CoD system is pretty mad. I remember when CoD MP was a wonderfully simple game about gun skill and using yr brain. Meeeeeemories ay @Bruvas. Speaking of those days...can't wait for this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ClaSSyyPilot

ClaSSyyPilot Generation 3

This actually isn't a bad idea Rottweiler!! this could work actually!
    It shouldn't be too hard too incorporate. Would honestly love too see this happen. I know everyone got a bunch of duplicates, and couldn't really do anything, because you could sell them and that was about it, it would be cool too trade them in, and then get rare ones back! I wonder if Respawn could actually do that! would be pretty cool!

4. sidewinder_G

sidewinder_G Generation 3

What I want has mostly been said, already. The flow of the game is pitch perfect because of the seemless transition between pilot and mech and also because of the map design. That whole 'the floor is lava' philosophy, keep that in. We need more depth in loadouts, chassises but most importantly, we need more interactions between titans and RIDING pilots. Hurling them to cover long distances would be nice.

Also, if you are going to have a campaign, don't shoehorn it in. NUrture it, MW and MW 2 campaigns were nice. If we get something along those lines, it would be swell.

5. ClaSSyyPilot

ClaSSyyPilot Generation 3

I get what you are saying about the campaigns, that would be nice too be honest. This new campaign really needs too be a good one so that it draws fans in more. Instead of just having the original fans from the old installment of Titanfall go too Titanfall 2, and only have that group of people playing.

There seriously needs to be a good storyline for the campaign. I believe they can do it, if they have honestly been listening to their fans this whole time. I am really looking forward too the new installment.

6. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

Matchmaking....
    In LTS the matchmaking is horrrible sometimes.
    Titanfail math, 6+4=10!
    Even when theres a lobby with no one partied up it does that often.
    I was playing paired up with a buddy for ranking purposes and kept getting the shitty end of the stick just like old times...
    I now remember why I ONLY play partied up with friends.

7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Looks like something I could get into.

8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I think Sgt.Rawk mentioned it, but I hope they keep the less is more concept.

A meaty storyline, a couple of extra weapons/abilities, a couple of new dimensions and tactics to multiplayer games. Maybe a new Titan?

Whatever they do, I hope they work on the balance of the game (which I guess can also be refined with updates).

As we know, the gameplay is awesomely balanced, accessible for new players (SP:D) and refined for experienced players; Competitive loadouts boil down to skills with carbine, r97, arc and 40mm surely? You can also have maximum fun as required with most loadouts. So yeah, I hope they retain some of the magic of that with tf2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

What about a 6v6 (let's not ruin the perfect number!) multiplayer game that starts each side with a 5/10 minute co-op game segment for each team to build into the actual match?

I honestly thought that they were on to something with the muliplayer/campaign on TF1, but it just never got there. At all really. But the concept was clever imo

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

That
    Mr.Bruvas, that's an ace idea for transitioning in a campaign mode, you ought to apply for respawn matey! Not in all multiplayer modes tho, I havent got the patience:D.

11. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Ooh yes, I hope they keep the grunts and their comments, it adds a great dimension, and a bit of fun. "When I was a teenager I tried to build my own Titan......"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I know what you mean! I had a thought that the multiplayer matches could be incorporated into a campaign in a sense, although there may be a bit of a delay or matchmaking wait. As an example, you'd be playing campaign. The section for a multiplayer match comes around and matchmaking tries to place you in the map / game mode for that part of the game. At the same time, it pulls folk like me into the game who clicked on boring old multiplayer to make up the numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Like your thinking!

14. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I think Bruv you have a grand idea. This issue for me (not to be a downer- cause I like the idea) is that the mood I am in when I want to play a campaign is quite different from that when I want to play multiplayer.

15. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Exactly, which is probably why no one has tried such a daft idea :D

16. runescythe9852

runescythe9852 Generation 3

If there is one thing I would love to have added into the sandbox is a titan that some may arguably challenge the title of 'Titan'.

The scaled down titan design is mounted as an exoskeletal protective armor that lays on its knees, awaiting its pilot to step into the cavity to immediately trigger the activation signal its owner carries to close in behind it, letting the suit power up and protects the owner. The High Endurance Reconnaisance Military Exoskeleton Suit, AKA HERMES, is roughly 1.5 the size of its pilot, making it the smallest Titan to date by Hammond Industries. Due to its size, its running speed is roughly that of its pilot, but due to the equipment its armed with, it can keep up with even the most agile agents to date.

This unique craft is more like a combination between a pilot and a titan, but with added features.

Fittings include:

Twin Stabilization Jets on arms, heel of the feet, and back, which allows for the suit to retain the ability as most pilots do to wall run, double jump, and be able to sprint.

Hydraulic Pilebunker: Retractable spiked fittings, which allows for the owner to br able to hang off the walls with no discernible time limit. Can also be used to melee targets, and boarding another titan will deal massive when striking the enemy titan's core.

Micro Crystalline Shield Generator: The shield generator which is still currently in development, can stand small arms fire for a brief period of time, but if the shield breaks, the head and its back are the most vulnerable places for players to shoot.

Standard military weapon: Basically whichever pilot loadout weapon the player is using is what the titan will be wielding, as the size of the titan and pilot are nearly identical.

Shoulder Mounted Weapon: Replaced by the player's Anti-titan weapon.

Support item: Will be the titan's support feature: Ie Vortex shield, Energy Barrier, Electric Smoke, etc.

Pros:

Can survive headshots, even while unshielded (Not recommended to be done for long)

Shielded, unlike most pilots, so pilot to pilot combat is more intense.

Can still be exited and set into different AI modes like other titans.

Instead of ejecting, the owner maybe release the armor, sending small and large plated material back and forward, potentially killing those who get to close.

Weapons wielded by the titan will have an increased stability boost and lower recoil.

Cons:

Due to the size of the titan, it is far less armored to any known classification, and far less shielded to that extent. It is still slightly slower due to its size compared to pilots, and anti-titan weapons work just as well as any other weapon against it.

Locking onto this titan will still be in effect.

Using the data-knife can actually kill the pilot through shocks sent into the owner's brain, allowing the assailant to eject the previous pilot and board it themselves.

It cannot regenerate its armor

Its size can still prevent them from going into smaller areas.

Like the titans, reloading remains somewhat slower compared to pilots.

The HERMES is a titan that helps fill in some of the best qualities between the pilots and the titans, while retaining some of their primary functionality and drawbacks of their defense and offense. Hope this is a good first impression

• Like Like x 2
  17. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Wow! I like your name and I like your writing. Well expressed great ideas. Not a criticism, but I do not want to see too many choices in the game. This could detract from the beauty and balance. However simply adding this to the List of Titan style choices would probably work. One question: What weakness would they have In battle with the traditional Titans If they have essentially the same weapons yet relatively unlimited mobility?

18. PT Platinum11

PT Platinum11 Generation 3

Definitely an interesting idea, but I feel the gameplay is perfect with the cat and mouse style of gameplay, adding a dog would probably mess up the balance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. runescythe9852

runescythe9852 Generation 3

Thank you for the compliment, and I welcome the criticism and the concerns it brings with it. The reason behind the HERMES, at least in my eyes is to present to the community a type of titan warfare that works in its own unique way without conflicting with the already existing elements that the original 3 brought in the first game. Being a miniaturized titan with decent mobility (Still slower compared to pilots) seemed like a good fit. Most of it was somewhat halo inspired (See Prototype from HL), but seeing how Titanfall blends giant mecha with boots to the ground style combat, a good mini version of these titans might prove to be a crazy, yet fun addition,

20. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

@runescythe9852 There is alot going on in all that. But this post is about wishing so to each his own. Something that was on my wish list that is similar is about taking over an enemy titan. I'd like to have the option of commandeering an enemy titan with your data knife, or rodeo kill it. My other wishlist wish, would be a "I don't like SP's so I don't have to play with SP users." I know that is a little far fetched so I'd settle with the SP itself being dropped from the loadout. But to not alienate the dedicated SPer's.. the SP would only show up if as an extremely rare burncard.

• Like Like x 1