Titanfall 2 Wishlist: What do you want?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Sep 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. polybius81

polybius81 Generation 2

1. Survival Game Mode that can be played single player and offline co-op with options of Bottomless Clips and everything.
    2. Multiplatform but have a deal for it on Xbox One like Destiny.
    3. Three times the amount of Titans as the original game.
    4. Emblem Editor.
    5. 40 Guns, 10 grenade types. 10 tactical abilities, and 10 new classes. For millions of combinations so that there is no ''perfect'' class.
    6. 25 Maps with each DLC having 5.
    7. Everytime you get a ''Burn Card Cancelled',' you get that person's burn card.
    8. Perma Burn Cards as Perks. Called ''Eternal Flame Cards'' or ''Eternal Burn Cards''.
    9. Updated skill based matchmaking which recognizes headset users.
    10. Clans.
    11. Titanfall Channel.
    12. Procedurally generated challenges.
    13. Rail Grinding as Pilot.
    14. Titan with the ability to jump and hover with fluid movement.
    15. New Factions.
    16. Special Ops like missions.
    17. Multiplayer Campaign again, with 5 endings and a plot based on the outcome of the game, similar to Black Ops II.
    18. Titan Sniper Rifle.
    19. New combat assistants.
    20. Rewards for players of the original Titanfall.
    21. Roman Numerals for the sequel. Like Titanfall II.
    22. Esports support.
    23. Split-Screen Multiplayer.
    24. New Fluid Movements.
    25. 15 types of Titan Ordinance.
    26. Bottomless Clip Burn Cards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

27. Play as a Marvin
    28. Dogs

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

29.) More effective arc mine.
    30.)Space levels with Titans-Only fighting on a deserted station or something
    31.) Battle toughened grunts dropping randomly to actually pose a threat.
    32.) Freelancer Faction that isn't working with either IMC or Militia. (New enemy!)
    33.) Titan customization that ACTUALLY is visible.
    34.)More guns (obvious and already on this list but must be repeated) Same with 36
    35.) More gamemodes (Repeat!)
    36.) More in-depth custom lobbies with single player (Repeat!)
    37.) Vehicles other than Titans.
    38.) Special ammos.
    39.) Titan-Map interactive features (Like shooting at a chain to lower a bridge or ripping a lamp post out of the ground like a baseball bat)
    40.) Obvious: New titans
    41.) Single Player or PVE
    42.) Easter eggs
    43.) More visual effects.
    44.) Less random hipfire spread in my opinion lol
    45.) Better story+ More lore+ More burncards
    A lot of stuff is repeated but the repeated stuff MUST be repeated for Titanfall 2's sake!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

46. When you die outside your titan, it walks up to your dead body, picks it up in its arms and wails like a robotic whale, oblivious to the gunfire around it
    47. Burn cards that burn. They physically set fire to your pilot mid battle
    48. A smart pistol that instead of shooting, asks why you want to shoot and attempts diplomacy before blood shed
    49. A weaker titan pistol. Although its not powerful, it frees up the other titan hand to wield a titan sword
    50. Bluetooth connections in the titans so I can stream my Spotify account to them

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. polybius81

polybius81 Generation 2

Whoah guys. Some of the ideas on this are plain stupid. I Think my 25 ideas are the best because they are the most sensible. Start a new list and be sensible please.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. polybius81

polybius81 Generation 2

Plus you cannot repeat ideas.

Oh why do my posts not connect?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

They do lad. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun though.

8. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

My Son came up with this one although maybe OP. A Repair Droid, similar to R2D2. Repairs your Titan on the run, say two life bars.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Not a bad shout, but you have to hack a Marvin to do it for you. They are easy killed and move at a walking pace so easily dispatched.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DinosaurXL

DinosaurXL Generation 2

So I'm thinking a teensy bit big but I think some useful new animations and stuff would be nice.

The ability to open up your front hatch and move and aim your titan like normal, but be able to toss a grenade or shoot your gun to kill an enemy pilot or if you feel lucky, open the hatch while terminating an enemy while they are going nuclear to like mash large buttons and fiddle with stuff to even disable the nuclear explosion.
    You could open your hatch with a simple tap of the "Disembark" Key. I think, default is X or E, and press Down on the D-Pad or press the Down arrow(Press the disembark key again to cancel out the action). Best part about it is it could be used while your titan is performing things like reloading. The titan OS would take over the action.

Titan

Your titan can kick, and grab things which I would love. What do I mean?

Your titan can hold the melee button to grab something.
    Double tapping it would make your titan go in for a low kick to kill multiple grunts or specters at a time.

Grabbing has specific animations.
    Atlas: Atlas grabs a pilot in the air or on the ground, pulls on the top half of the pilot's body with his left hand, the right hand gripping the pilot's legs, which breaks the pilot's spine. Atlas then drops them on the ground and stomps on them.

Stryder: Stryder grabs a pilot, moves its thumb to press on the head like a quick lunge to decapitate the pilot, then does a fierce underhand throw that ends with its right hand over the left shoulder in a hard curve.

Ogre: The ogre grabs the pilot with his right hand gripping the pilot's legs, starting to squeeze, then punches the top half of the pilot's body, smashing it off of the pilot, then throws the pilot's legs like the atlas currently does in the first person view.

Also, the termination of Atlas changes.
    It relates to what it looks like to others.
    He pulls the pilot out of the titan, moves his hand back, looks at the hand holding to the pilot's leg, then tosses it forward hard like a football. Also, they go further, carrying the momentum instead of awkwardly falling after 10 feet.

Also, a titan can go into a prone looking pose to grab a pilot hiding in a building, but when doing so, he could be stomped on or kicked, risking like a quarter of its health.

Also, with the atlas, you can open the hatch by pressing the "Disembark" Key, I think it's X or E and press Up on the D-Pad or the Up Arrow, (press the Disembark Key to cancel out the action) and look out of it and throw grenades or fire your anti titan weapon as well as your normal weapons and a Atlas OS Priority Targeting System or AOSPTS to command priority upon pilots, or titans, or locations, making him go over there to that location (Down on the D-Pad or the Titanfall drop key for computer, I think it's F to activate and cancel) and maybe even fight good battles, like opening vortex shield at the correct time, fire weapons accordingly, go in for melee at the right time, etc,. Also when on the hatch, you're protected by the shield but still vulnerable to rodeo, but you can directly headshot them as they can to you.

When rodeoing, you can use your data knife along with your pistol to hack titan OS to power it down in cases of automatic things, like AOSTPS and Auto-Titan target acquiring, and offhand titan rocket targeting systems, i.e. Slaved Warheads and Multi-Target Missile System. Also random vortex shield power outs. However, if they deploy electric smoke with the data knife inside the circuitry, you will die instantly. Also, you can't dismount until the data knife hacking is complete and it takes 5 seconds. But you can still fire with a pistol during this duration, but you can't reload.

Also, slash the circuitry to hurt the titan moderately but mainly cause shield to not regenerate an extra 1.5 seconds per slice, and decay of shield. It stacks up to like 15 seconds of shield decay + Not regeneration.. Also, you can LAY DOWN A GRENADE IN THERE to deal high damage to the titan. However, you will take damage when you lay the grenade inside from electricity, and if you are hacking while laying a grenade in there, you will electrocute to death, as well as if you lay an arc mine or an arc grenade in the circuitry, you will die from electricity. However, you can ride your own titan when the hatch is opened, and then jump off of it for an extra boost, as well as being able to take a grenade or satchel charges out of the circuitry when riding it.

Also, when near your / a friendly titan's arm, you can grab onto it using the "Ride" Key, I think it's X or E and do the squat thing while on its arm, also able to shoot your guns as normal. If you jump during this phase, it will be extra tall. If the titan punches, you can rodeo the enemy titan shadow of the colossus style and run along the arm to their back by just pressing the "Ride" Key facing them. If you want to get in your titan, just press the "Embark" Key to get in. If the titan fires, you'll face a bit of camera shaking. You can also get onto the titan's arm while riding their back. If they use a vortex shield, you'll be protected. You can also directly get into the arm pose by opening your front hatch and then just pressing X, then Left / Right on the D-Pad or The Left / Right Arrow keys on your keyboard, which will make you mount the right arm no matter what. Also, if you're riding your own titan's arm, you can use AOSTPS

So suggestions. If there's stuff you like, look over it. I spent 2 hours working on this.
    Good luck out there, men.
    Also, the ability to salute in both a titan and pilot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Some sort of Warning System that tells you when a Smart Pistol is locking onto you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

HOLY SHIT!

A button that links all the titans together to form a super robot á la Power Rangers!!

Although I'll end up being the left leg or something...

• Like Like x 2
  13. CLONED BOBAFETT

CLONED BOBAFETT Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

ACTIVATING VOLTRON!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I think they should make a pistol that aims for you. That'd be cool. Ha!

• Like Like x 2
  15. polybius81

polybius81 Generation 2

So many Ideas the game would become essentially unplayable. I have some more sensible ideas.

1. Still no Prone position, as prone is for scrubs.
    2. Optional Hitmarker Noise.
    3. TF2 style missions where both teams have a titan factory that will produce a Titan after a player has his Titan fully built. In fact, Save this idea for a Titanfall First Person MOBA. Where you can have 32 against 32 players and each of them have an individual factory at base and others can destroy the factories. And they can be rebuilt.
    4. Most valuable player of the week and month awards(Don't know if it will happen).
    5. Macallan being revealed to still be alive and in hiding, again.
    6. Titan jetpack ability.
    7. I still want it 6 vs 6. As 32 vs 32 is too much.
    8. Raid-style boss battles.
    9. Duel-Wield Titans.
    10. Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy reference when you get a challenge relating to Marvin ''Life, don't talk to me about life''.
    11. Crossbows.
    12. Audio logs that once you've collected in a level it stays with you and you can repeat it.
    13. First Person Hub on the ship.

16. CLONED BOBAFETT

CLONED BOBAFETT Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

At first I would say do away with the smart pistol but i do believe there should be a quick warning when someone is locking on to you, that way if they are cloaked and coming around a corner you have a chance. I've killed alot of people that use the smart pistol but sometimes getting killed by it is unavoidable.

17. GeertvdHeide1

GeertvdHeide1 Generation 1

#37 GeertvdHeide1, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    Short list of things that, in my opinion, will make Titanfall 2 amazing:
    1. Multiple co-op modes, like the one just introduced in update 8. Working together in teams against NPC / AI opposition.
    2. Splitscreen for 2 or more people. Playing online is fun, but the experience with friends on the couch should not be forgotten.
    3. Destructibility! Titans and anti-titan weapons should be able to blow holes in walls, destroy structures and create new pathways during a match. This should probably be limited somewhat, to keep the characteristics of the map somewhat intact and make sure pilots don't get killed by falling debris all the time. Balance is key in this, but it could really spice up the game and make it feel original and fun (also compared to the other big shooters, where destructibility is very limited). Small arms fire from pilots should also impact the environment in smaller ways, like slowly crumbling pieces of cover from persistent gun fire.
    4. Cool and original new weapons, burn cards, ordances, tactical abilities and more. You've already shown a great sense of originality and fun with this in the current game, so I trust you'll come up with some cool new stuff. Maybe an electricity or fire based pilot weapon?
    5. Way more customization for pilots and titans. Mostly in terms of looks (different colors, styles) but also with gameplay implications. It might be better to make the titan chassis into merely the default presets, while allowing players to create their own custom titans with the desired speed, offence, defence, looks and so on. More armor means your speed goes down, and so on.
    6. Some way of salvaging destroyed titans to repair or upgrade other titans, in the field.
    7. One or more new NPC additions during MP matches, besides the grunts and spectres. A more powerful robot or a tank would be great, as would a faster, smarter human enemy. These would only be in some of the modes, so that players can still choose to play with little or no NPC's in the map.
    8. Obviously new maps and (new and returning) modes. A lot of good stuff has been added to the current game through updates and DLC, and the second game should be this big at release. The most read negative point in the reviews was that the game was a little bare at release. Please keep the modes from T1 that work best, and come up with a few new ones as well.
    Then there's the question of a singleplayer campaign. I think adding this would be very cool, so long as it's done very well, and so long as it doesn't take too much development time away from the multiplayer. If it's just going to be the standard 8 hour romp through Hollywood set pieces like many other shooters do, then please save yourself the trouble and focus on MP only. But if you could create something with a good story, interesting characters we care about and a good mix between different types of gameplay, then I'm all for it. A good mix between pilot and titan gameplay, large scale battles and more subtle infiltration stuff and so on. Co-op could also be added to the campaign, possibly, but no other multiplayer elements please.

And lastly: Keep it a lot like the current game, because Titanfall is awesome! You guys have done amazing work to create a fast, fun game and it mostly feels right as is. So keep the good things intact, and keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 2
  18. A6ENT of CHA0S

A6ENT of CHA0S Generation 1

#38 A6ENT of CHA0S, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    First off, I would like to say that I like how Titanfall has a relatively small arsenal of weapons that, although typically straight-forward, all do well at their intended roles and all offer a noticeably different "feel". With that in mind, I would rather NOT see many more weapons in the sequel, but I could never say no to a flamethrower (or similar incendiary weapons).

I would, however, like to see a few more supportive abilities for the Pilots:
    • Repair tool to help victorious Titans recover from their skirmishes
    • Zip-line launcher to create new paths that even wall-running cannot offer, but at the risk of getting shot down while zipping across the visible wire
    • Ability to tell your Auto-Titan what target to focus on
    While playing through Titanfall's "campaign", it became apparent that this portion of the game was an afterthought and was implemented in the most "economical" way... I hope and expect that "Titanfall II" will offer a compelling story-driven campaign told through the eyes of a nameless,faceless Pilot that fleshes out the universe and the conflict between the IMC and Militia. There really is so much potential, even if they primarily used assets from the multiplayer, in the form of asymmetrical objectives (give players an experience that they can't get from simply playing standard multiplayer).

Imagine the following mission idea: A group of Militia Pilots (without the aid of Grunts/Spectres) stealthily infiltrate an IMC compound. One of the Militia's characters has "called for a favor" and these Pilots have the "Ghost Squad" Burn Card active. The IMC Pilots (reinforced by Grunts/Spectres) are tasked with preventing these Militia from retrieving data from their computers (or something similar), but cannot easily see these "Ghosts" without their Active Radar Pulse, which is not indefinite.

I'd also be interested in seeing different outcomes depending on player performance, rather than a blanket story like what was done with the original. Give players a reason to play through the campaign numerous times (other than unlocking Titan models).

With Update 8, we've seen new variants of Spectres and AI controlled Titans that oppose us in the co-operative Frontier Defense mode. I would like to see some of these Spectre variants (and new ones with different armaments) appear in PvP modes as well, as it offers weapons like the Longbow for pick-up/ammo replenishing.

The only other thing that I think needs improving are the aesthetics/animations. The animations look very skewed and mechanical, rather than organic as humans should move. The character models look good (love the asymmetric armor and use of fabric), but they are dictated by what weapons the player is using in their selected loadout. I would like to see more customization options, giving control over what model players have with each loadout and having more Pilot models in general.

If there's anything that I think should not be included in Titanfall II, it would be going prone. While it makes sense for soldiers to be able to do so, it is counter-intuitive to the fast-paced, movement-heavy gameplay that Titanfall offers.

19. Wolfbark

Wolfbark Generation 2

Bear with me, it's a bit extreme. But, I think Titanfall should have some working matchmaking. Something that doesn't put 3-4 Gen 10s on 1 team, and all the 0 Gen and 1st Gens on the other team.

20. A6ENT of CHA0S

A6ENT of CHA0S Generation 1

Skill ranking is in open beta testing, so I think it should be a given that the next game will have this in place on release.