Titanfall 2 Wishlist: What do you want?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Sep 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think there's a massive well of Titanfall lore that can be exploited and explored. Even if they made a single player only game, MMO or even an RTS to complement the backbone FPS games. The big problem with this I suppose is the relatively small team at Respawn finding the time for it all.

2. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Make it like Halo. The main story is completely understandable (but not predictable!) even if you don't give a shi* about any lore outside the game. Halo made it's OWN lore by having a kind of vague setting. This wont work exactly in Titanfall but you can have questions like 'how pilots in the Militia are trained' 'How titans evolved over time' What are the leaders really behind Hammond Robotics' 'Spectre manned titans' idk exactly but ... a better story i guess lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Atlas

Atlas Generation 1

Me and my friend ben have agreed that we would like to be throne across the battle field by our titans, it was in a trailer where the pilot got out of his atlas, into his hand and was chucked onto an Enemy Titan. This would be great for getting to drop ships, sniper points, enemy titans or just to get away. To view this trailer go on YouTube, type in titanfall trailer, tap on the second one (Which SHOULD be free the frontier trailer posted by IGN). Watch it to know exactly what I mean.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah I've seen that one. On one hand I like the idea, but it could be spammed a lot and ruin the flow of the game too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. phil c

phil c Generation 2

Menus are a pet peeve of mine.
    It is the place you assign all controls, yet only a few on each page and the conflict indicators with no clue to which page level assignment is in conflict even though the program KNOWS.
    I understand screen / format limitations, and I don't have complaints to this game in particular (afk the past 5 months so I only recall one: an extra click needed or misleading selection while customizing..or something.)
    Mainly just want to bitch about mrnues because these are computer games, and one thing computers are unbeatable at is assigning things, and some of the FIRST computer games had better menus & UI than current ones. I do understand console / PC assignment issues, but other aspects are fails too.
    It reminds me of "dumbing down" ending up with things like "my documents" which I noticed was not "mine",as I always made my own folders to save MY stuff, and even other programs misused the "my documents" folder, proving that it not only created stupid users but stupid programmers?
    These are games, but don't made the UI more challenging than the game objective ;)

6. phil c

phil c Generation 2

7. phil c

phil c Generation 2

#67 phil c, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    "It all comes back to the same thing," Hendry said. "I can see why it's hard for people, why it's hard for it to make sense. But it's up to the developer to make the best choices and create the best experiences."
    I have not played that long, but the rationale for 6v6 was stated as an issue with controlling the environment around you,because you can be attacked in so many directions. I disagree. Part of the fun is being always slightly out of control. One foot in control and one in chaos.
    They mention it is the result of dropping the player count down to what seemed most fun ...in the studio...for avid players.
    To me that means equally-skilled and mission oriented players.
    No leeway to have a player sidetracked shooting grunts or exploring territory or skills...or still in the menu choosing load out...taking a piss...just not skilled,etc. One if the best things about larger number of players is that it buffers these things.
    So, I WOULD like to see more players. They claim it is not a technical limitation, so why not ALLOW it? It seems arrogant to have an elite few make decisions of what is going to be fun, so I would think it would be decided based on beta testing,at least. Beta testers are a select group, too, but allows more votes on decisions at least.

8. The Juggernaut

I LOVE gamemodes with large amounts of players! Always hectic, always non-stop explosions and gunfire. I think they should have a playlist dedicated to 8 v 8 like pilot skirmish but with titans ( Oh oh maybe you all spawn in titans at the beginning of the match and just play it normally like attrition but higher player count!)? Halo has the right idea , 4 v 4 but you can hop into Big Team Battle with all the vehicles you can dream for with a larger amount of people on each team.
    Oh seeing your other quote, UI should always be neat and easy to use.
    'Thinks of Halo:MCC lobby UI and pukes' That thing is a abomination if you're in a party and not the host.

9. Alexandra Moon

Alexandra Moon Generation 1

I signed up just to say, if Titanfall had single player mode, I'd be buying and playing it now, I tried it on some free game time from Origin awhile back, but...I'm just not that big into multi-player only games.

10. The Juggernaut

That's completely understandable. But if you're ever in the mood for multiplayer, you can still play attrition and help out the team by fighting bots! Everyone can contribute even if you're not the best at multiplayer!

11. Alexandra Moon

Alexandra Moon Generation 1

The problem with me is, I play games to play-hear- and take part in a story... I vaguely get the sense a story is going on, but the way it's presented, I feel I am missing it, because I am being forced to pay more attention to the action then the story.

Edit: and also, thanks for being so understanding, I expected to be flamed to hell and back for posting lol.

12. The Juggernaut

That's one of the major problems with Titanfall. The campaign mode is severely lacking in story. You literally have to pay attention to the actual game to avoid getting killed while some small chatbubble is in the corner of your screen talking about something.. something. I bet Titanfall 2 will improve on that. I personally love good story telling. Cant get enough of the lore of Halo!
    And you won't get flamed on these forums. Most of us think before we type! But there always is a oddball somewhere I guess....

13. silint nite

silint nite Generation 3

#73 silint nite, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    The campaign in titanfall should be reamagined into a persists t ear senario like galactic conquest in battlefront 2. The story will constantly evolve with every victory and defeat. It would also be good for space combat since the imc and militia both have starfighters. The main reason the campaign failed as a whole was due to the fact the missions are just multiplayer modes with no dynamics. And no matter who won or lost in the game it didn't change the story. Putting a persistent war campaign in titanfall would make people care more for the story and not feel totally ripped of when playing the glorious imc and they win the match but in the cut scene the militia accomplished their objectives. So respawn put this in for the campaign and also space combat. IMC 4 LIFE. And after a mission is completed in the lobby to wait for the next engagement there should be a CGI cuts and that explains wtf is going on instead of what's his name saying stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  14. silint nite

silint nite Generation 3

Also larger maps. Like battlefield 3 armored kill maps. And make those maps 10 vs 10.

15. Zakir

Zakir Generation 1

umm I think the titans would be the main focus. Don't want to be another COD game now would we?

• Like Like x 1
  16. googlheimersmit

googlheimersmit Generation 2

Or a Locate Planet with Unlimited Resources and Mineral Deposits and could be made to sustain life but Inhabited by Demonic Forces

17. polybius81

polybius81 Generation 2

A dynamic campaign would actually be pretty neat. Black Ops 2 mastered it. So if Titanfall had an epic multiplayer campaign where your choices can affect the ending, that would be amazing.

18. googlheimersmit

19. googlheimersmit

a single player Storyline with lots of maps

20. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I want the Game to stop crashing when I'm on a streak :(:mad:

• Like Like x 1