Titanfall 2's Campaign to be "Science Meets Magic"

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Feb 7, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

#1 WhoIsDo, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Titanfall-Screen-5_small_0.jpg

Titanfall 2's campaign to be "science meets magic"
    Now that we know Titanfall 2 will feature a real story-driven campaign & not the situational levels we saw in the original, things are starting to get really intriguing for the sequel.

Jesse Stern, Titanfall 2's lead writer, recently had a few comments on the game's campaign. Stern said that Respawn is working hard to "deliver a vision of grand global colonial warfare retelling the story of the American Revolution and the American Civil War in space. We imagined the next generation of immigrants moving out to the new frontier of an inhabitable planet. Rather than taking a traditional sci-fi approach to that we wanted to look at how that would happen practically, what the ships would look like and with machines that were designed for excavation and construction, demolition and working the land, and what happens when they are turned into instruments of war."

What intrigues me the most about those comments is that it really looks like we're going to get a good look at Titanfall's lore in the sequel. In the original, we got a small glimpse of the struggle.. but I really didn't feel compelled to "like" either side of the conflict.

Stern went on to say that, "What inspires us is the junction of technological advancement with the inevitability of conflict and war and what the next war might look like. In Titanfall 2 there will be a lot of [scenes] where science meets magic, but keeping it grounded and dirty and human and real."

What do you guys think about how the campaign is being described?

2. Master Chef

Master Chef Generation 2

Whoa, that's awesome, could have a link good sir?

3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Oops, just added the link to the original post.

4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Looking good!

5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Everything I hear about this game just keeps getting better and better. I cannot wait until EA Play.. they have to tease/show us a little something there since EA isn't going to be at E3 this year.

6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Chomping at the bit over here.;)

7. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This could be the second step in a fabulous series that excites me more than any CoD, Battlefield, Gears or Halo series of games.

I promised myself never to get excited about any other game, but to hell with it, I'M READY! BRING THEM ON!!!!

8. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Hopefully the cool kinda science magic and not Titans riding ships trying to catch a golden search drone.
    Actually, that would be pretty freaking epic.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

IMC titans all standing around scratching their heads while militia pilots flummox them with card tricks.

In the extraction, someone throws a blanket over the drop ship and it disappears!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my stryder.

11. The Juggernaut

Meanwhile the IMC titans are getting pick-pocketed (having their electronics stolen.. from their brain caps?) and the ship secretly slips behind a building (or explodes)
    Maybe even a Spectre juggling grunts as people throw shell casings into its tip hat.
    Oh: And a Atlas pulling racks of missiles out of its ordinance holder yet it never ends.
    Grenade baseball?
    Titanfall 2 sounds like an epic amusement park simulator. Fun for the whole family!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't know why you keep rabbits in there man. I know they are soft and fluffy, but still... :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Juggernaut

Ever thought about the cushioning in the cockpit of a Titan? You get pushed around so much it's insane. Your cushioning must be amazing, perfect for a rabbit. Hell, the bunny even amplifies the cushioning!

14. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You put as many of these wee bastards in as you like. Me? I'll stick to cushions!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Juggernaut

That thing is why Titans were invented in the first place! I was thinking more a long the lines of cute little bunnies, not an animal that serves as in arc grenade in the cockpit! MY EYESSSS!

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Who knows? A third faction in Titanfall 2? IMC, militia and the bastard bunnies? Ubisoft may take a stand against it though.

17. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Bastard Bunnies is a great name for a band.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Juggernaut

They would be a pretty good faction, too.
    I mean, we've already seen them take over Australia, why not the IMC and Militia?