(Titanfall 3) What we should HOPE changes.

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Apex Superstorm, Jan 4, 2018.

?
  1. Ha. You stole a joke from Vaughny. You're so clever. Ha. Ha. Ha

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Now you just making me hungry.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, Training Ground was a good one. One of my most memorable Hardpoint games was on there. I consider myself one of the best Hardpoint players in the world and I generally don't play with others, but even when I do, we do not coordinate play. I only play with strong individuals. Anyway, I stumbled into a game on Training Ground with 5 people on my team I had never played with before, where 4 of them were average to below average players, but the other guy turned out to be even better than me. We were going up against 6 vets who I knew played together all the time and definitely coordinated their play. Well, we got down about 300-150 and this other guy and I just hunkered down and played the crap out of the rest of that game and we ended up winning about 400-390. The other team was furious, because they couldn't believe it, and oh man was it sweet.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I'll just be happy with TF3, had to adjust from 1 - 2, will do the same. I just hope the story never ends and fingers crossed it keeps going for more years to come. So long as there are players signed in I'm there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I will only be there if it goes back to being based on TF1. If they think TF2 was a good move and go further down that route they can keep it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I could not have said it better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

Good points. the factions bro , got so much on this concept. would like to see more from you. cheers

6. Trini Chinese

a remastered would open more doors . PlayStation players would have an opportunity to play the game in it's original design, cross play with xbox and Nintendo players .
    and agree it would breath life into the community.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I think they rush to make money, rather than add player base. I would have preferred a TF1 -Add On Pack, rather than a stand alone. But, I realize that would have disadvantaged newer players. I want to see NEWER factions, New maps, ..............oh well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Trini Chinese

people will disagree, but EA i have suspected had a lot of sway in the making of part 2. a lot of decisions and drastic changes to fast to soon. even in interviews from the pass to current from the dev's were different .

a TF1 add on pack i would support.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#29 ensc, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Yes, I would love a remastered TF1 for the reasons you stated. It would be great for PS4 players to be able to experience the magic and uniqueness of TF1 so they could understand what some of us who loved the first one are saying. Also, you are right, it could breath life into the community and refresh the TF1 user base.

Yes, I would have preferred a TF1 Add-On Pack as well.

I don't disagree that EA had a lot of sway, but in my opinion (or my theory), this is where the responsibility lies:

I believe this was Respawn's initial plan:
    -all of the below will be based on them setting a target release date of March 15, 2017 (3 years after TF1)
    -they wanted to include a Single Player Campaign (good decision and it was outstanding perfection)
    -they wanted to include at least 15 maps at launch and have them as well designed and detailed as the TF1 maps (maybe good goal, but not good enough when TF2 maps were intentionally made smaller and goal was not reached for reasons discussed below under EA)
    -they wanted to attract new players and therefore mistakenly said to hell with those who loved TF1 and chose to only listen to either those who hated TF1 or loved other types of games. Hence you got the following:
    --cartooniness (lots of shiny objects to attract casual or not serious players - bright colors, camos, over-dramatized executions, etc.)
    --Hero characters (preset titans intended to have personalities)
    --Overall horrendous design changes to make it a more traditional FPS game (smaller choke-pointed maps, low TTK, slower and weaker clunky titans, slower pilot speeds)

I believe this is where EA had a lot of sway:
    -they forced Respawn to release the game October 28, 2016 rather than March 15, 2017 (almost 5 months early)

In summary, I think Respawn knew they were going to include a SPC, which was already going to consume 80% of the resources and therefore it was irresponsible to unnecessarily decide to also change every core functionality and mechanic of the rest of the game, which is an enormous waste of resources, especially when you are already exhausting most on the SPC and especially since the core functionality and mechanic changes are driven by trying to appease those who had no interest in TF1. Here is how I think things played out. They focussed ALL energies on the SPC probably into the end of 2015 and barely spent any time on the MP at all until around the beginning of 2016. Beginning in 2016, they began working on all of the core functionality and mechanic changes to the MP that they had not already fleshed out in the SPC. They thought they still had 15 months left at that point and planned on just working out the MP in a sandbox until around June through August of 2016, which would leave them about 6 to 8 months to create 15 well designed and detailed maps. In June 2016, EA forced them to release 4 months later (rather than 9 months later) and they had to finish cleaning up MP core functionalitiies and mechanics and rush to throw together 9 poorly designed maps.

If I am right, then in a way, I am grateful to EA for forcing the early release, because I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with their changes to the core functionalities and mechanics and if they had had more time to polish things up and put a ribbon on things they way they wanted them to be, they may have been able to sell and propagandize all of their crappy decisions better.

Just want to add a couple quotes from Respawn developers that are evidence of their intentions that just infuriate me:

"We actually also slowed the game down a fair bit. When I go back and play Titanfall 1, I'm always floored by just how amped up it is...how fast the players are. I understand that it might disappoint some players who are coming back to the game from Titanfall 1, but I think overall the change is healthy for the game. It was a good design decision."
    -Steve Fukuda, Titanfall 2 Game Director

"Chief among the coming changes is the game's sense of speed. DeRose says the team toned down 'pilot mobility' in Titanfall 2 in an attempt to make flanking feel more 'skillful' and close-range firefights less 'overly chaotic due to erratic player movement.'"
    -quoting an article, where DeRose refers to Steven DeRose, Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Game Designer

Why don't you insult TF1 players and talk down to us a little more guys? Well, guess what? The players spoke and smacked down your "good design decision" and attempt to make things "more 'skillful'" during the tech test and thank goodness for that.

My point is that Respawn deserves the brunt of the blame, because the changes were their intentions. EA may have tightened the window on them, but in my opinion, that was probably a blessing in disguise, because it didn't allow them more time to put as much lipstick on these pig ideas as they wanted to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ringwyrm0

ringwyrm0 Generation 3

Without a doubt, spawntrapping needs to be fixed. I didn't pay 84 bucks to have all egress points at spawn covered by enemy sentries and assholes with G2s and spitfires. Nothing is more infuriating then dying 9 times trying to get out of spawn while enemy team snowballs ever further ahead.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I agree

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Which Mission was the first one? Was that Refuel Station? Always loved that map. Just big enough to get around but not so big you could not get from one side to the next. I enjoyed the original MP style. Always liked the concept. Good rotation of maps and styles. Preferred was Hardpoint.
    I was never in favor of a SP campaign. Never thought it needed it, but that was just my opinion. I loved the speed and agility that you had in TF1. WOW! And the fact that the game did not seem to rely on just "Pilot Kills" to gain stats or wins games. My K/D Ratio was horrible, but I always scored well. That was a reason I enjoyed it.
    Is there any info on a TF3? Just wondering what EA might be up to..........................

• Like Like x 2
  13. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#33 ensc, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Yes "Refueling Raid" on the Fracture map. Yes, that is a very good map. I've probably been on it well over 1000 times now. :)

Yes, the Multiplayer had 4 Hardpoint games and 5 Attrition games. What was nice about that was that it allowed you to still play about 40% of your games in Hardpoint even long after the Hardpoint lobby had died.

Me too! I cut my teeth on Hardpoint. There is a very similar mode in the first Battlefront that I love called Droid Run although no one ever plays it anymore. I have been playing Amped Hardpoint in TF2 a lot lately and dominating at it, because most people play it wrong. They do not understand that kills don't mean crap in hardpoint. It is all about taking and defending the actual hardpoint areas. The team that plays the best defense when holding 2 hardpoints wins the game. There are many who get 20 kills, but play no defense and think they should be the MVP. They just don't get it. They are just wandering around in areas where there are no hardpoints playing Attrition in the middle of a Hardpoint game. It's like, "You're playing the wrong mode buddy. I think you were looking for the Attrition lobby."
    DISCLAIMER: Since I mentioned I'm playing Amped Hardpoint in TF2 a lot lately, I feel I need to explain why, because I've made it clear the design decisions in TF2 Multiplayer were all completely wrong. However, when the best video game ever, TF1, only has about maybe 24 to 48 players left in the world and of those the percentage of jerks and cheaters is very high and you see the same ones every day it becomes intolerable. At that point, it actually becomes less painful to suffer through TF2's horrendous design decisions since I can at least play a mode I like, Hardpoint.

Me neither. Those who whined that TF1 lacked content by not having an SP campaign were making a rediculous argument. The REASON TF1's Multiplayer was so rich and awesome was because they were able to focus 100% of their efforts on the Multiplayer. Even Respawn's CEO has made the case that an SP campaign sucks up 80% of your resources for what you only play for 10 hours. To do that is just rediculous and foolish and that is why in TF2 you have a 10-hour SP masterpiece, but a Multiplayer piece of garbage.

I'm with you 1000%. Even though TF1 was an FPS game, it was unique and special in that it made movement PRIMARY and shooting SECONDARY. They ruined TF2 by stripping that uniqueness, making shooting PRIMARY and movement SECONDARY and relegating it to be a below average traditional FPS game, because it is a small fish in a big pond in that world.

I have not heard anything. I would actually be happy if they just allowed us to play with the Koreans in their Titanfall Online, which is based on TF1.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RottweilerluvNZ

Elite Pilot

You are correct but you hurt some pilot's feelings when you be mean about their preferred bang sticks. All the weapons and all the abilities have something about them that p's someone else off it's just life, like I personally think the game could do without the Alternator, why does it kill so easily and be allowed to kill when you're flying around and not even aiming? doesn't make for a very fair 1 on 1. But that's life. Yes they could make the spawn points a bit more less obvious but there is also an element of having to get out of them quickly as well. I hear you though I'm tired of spawning on CTF miles away from your flag point, which I find stupid. But oh well, game on!

• Like Like x 1
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

yeah, the spawntrapping was probably the strongest point the guys tried to make in the Project Nessie video. For those who may not have seen that, here it is and the part that speaks to that is at the 5:15 point. They do over 3 minutes on this and give a really great explanation with diagrams.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RottweilerluvNZ

Elite Pilot

I hate to be the one to say team, but spawntrapping is only as frustrating as you let it be. May I suggest the Spitfire with some Stim to go? Phase shift is great to have on hand also for those pesky Attrition campers.

90% of players all use the same camp points, same strike routes, always mix it up. Don't think there is a MP game ever that doesn't have spawn trap issues.

• Like Like x 1
  17. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Even if trapped you at least know where they are hiding

• Like Like x 1