Forum Titanfall Clan Forum: Do you want one?

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by WhoIsDo, Feb 2, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    96.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

While we're still waiting to hear if Titanfall will have clan support or support eSports, I wanted to gauge the community's interest on adding a Titanfall clan forum here.

This would be a place where you can try to recruit other members to join your clan, look for clans that need members, and try to setup clan matches again other clans. Any interest?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Sure! Making friends with clans would boost popularity of the site!

3. SuperPro69

SuperPro69 Generation 2

Even if the game doesn't support clans, I still think this should happen, because people will be looking for a place they can go to in order to be paired with other people who play Titanfall frequently.

If you do make this section, can you move my clan recruitment thread to the section? It's here:

And can you rename the thread to: [Xbox One] Revolution of Gaming.

Thanks. (;

4. daminecraftninja

daminecraftninja Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I think it is needed with the amount of clans and esports coming into Titanfall. Thanks admins!

5. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

be cool to team with people from the forum for clans but i'm not super hardcore for clans

6. Zisha

Zisha Generation 4

This would be really awesome @WhoIsDo ! I love you man, best admin!

• Like Like x 1
  7. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

For sure. This would be awesome, help get more people in the community for recruitment and make new friends!

8. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

Sure, if we call them "Teams" instead of Clans. #Kappa

Dass Rayciss. I kid, but seriously... what is this Halo 2 from 2005? Let people make competitive Teams or establish community Groups. That's my two cents.

- TYPØ

• Like Like x 2
  9. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Being a member of a large older gaming community, I think it is a solid idea.
    Gives members here a chance to find other gamers to play with. Our group is like a family for older gamers.

I like this forum and the post here are always helpful, informative.
    Adding a Clan option can only make you grow more.
    Caution though, be prepared for growth as it can be a real pain otherwise.

I found this forum because it was posted in my community. Shh, they don't know I am here :eek:

10. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Communities are what drive games to stardom. A clan forum would be easy for people to link and connect to when talking to friends. Not to mention, boosting members of the site probably. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gaming To Excess

Gaming To Excess Generation 5

That would be a great idea i've voted yes :)

12. Country Sapper

Country Sapper Generation 4

It would be a great place not just for recruitment but for clans to have there own general discussions and chats.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

I've seen a few posts here & there, but it has just been a few. I would lean more towards not creating them right now. If there's a steady growth in the number of posts where people are LF teammates, etc. then I would revisit it at that time.

But...my Rainbow Six "clan" MKT (Murderers Killers Terrorists) from 1998 needs a forum! Oh youth... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Country Sapper

The forum would allow for people to get together and create a team.mi have not been able to find another forum where they have a section set up for people to get together and create/join a clan/team or discuss things.

I don't see how having the forum for clans could hurt the TF forum in anyway only improve it if that's what you are worried about. It would attract many people in my eyes rather than lead them away.

15. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

Oh I totally agree that the forum could be useful, my only concern is with the level of activity. I just don't want us to have a dead sub-forum that has maybe 1 or 2 posts every couple of weeks.

Some of that is also personal preference though, I tend to lean more towards fewer forums.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Much as I think it would be a big benefit, it all depends on where you want to go with this forum. 2Old2Play is a hub for Clans and forums. They have thousands of members and tons of Clans. Right now you have a comfortable, community setting. It won't stay that way as growth will come because you have done a good job on this forum with good timing.

I am along for the ride to see where you take us:)

17. Country Sapper

True, fewer forums makes the forum look more active. Maybe when the game is released they launch a trial forum and see how it goes

18. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Think of it guys................with only needing 6 total players to a side.........you could have a lot of Clan action out there. Plus..........multiple channels for TS, or Vent or whatever.............several clans could share a TS server with their own channels. Save money......:D

19. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

Competitively speaking, you would actually have less. A 6v6 game causes issues for those looking to one day play in established leagues at weekend LAN events. 4v4 is easiest to run, for players and actual tournament organizers such as MLG, UMG, etc. 6v6 is rather expensive, let me explain. As a LAN organizer, you'd probably be most inclined to gear up for 4v4 stations to attract future titles from CoD, Halo, or Gears - which have established communities and set "Pro" and "Am" teams. But 6v6 with Titanfall forces you to buy 2 more Xbox Ones and Monitors per team. That's $1-1.5k per side. You'd be looking at $2-3k EXTRA per each individual station. Plus, imagine you're a team owner or sponsor... that's 2 extra people to sponsor by flying them out to events, paying for their hotel, and paying for their team pass.

To touch more on Team passes, the prices would likely rise to offset the extra amount of equipment you'd have to purchase. Though your more expensive passes could grant you a larger prize pool, it may also negatively affect the amount of teams now unable to attend. If they were expecting a $250 team pass, and it's now $300-350, less teams would be willing to fork over that much cash when there is a very good chance they may never leave losers bracket.

OR... by keeping the passes at a low $175-250 per team, you'll probably need to readjust the size of your prize pool. If the pool is too low, players aren't as willing as you'd think to spend $600 to travel to an event cross country and only win $500 ($2k/4). This too would cause low event turnout, which means you receive less of a return on your expensive investment for attempting to accommodate 6v6 play.

There's no telling what sort of flack you'd then get from social media, which could largely affect the amount of viewers decide to watch the actual event via Twitch, etc. Low views = less ad revenue and less attention from larger sponsors. This is where it became a make or break decision for MLG to toss Gears of War 2 from it's circuit. It's also a factor as to why Halo 4 didn't go far either. Plus keep in mind, to run a game on MLG's circuit, developers actually have to pay them. That's ultimately why Gears 3 never happened at MLG... Epic didn't have the funds to support that. Respawn may soon have the funds, but will they want that? Only time will tell.

Lastly, from a team aspect, 6v6 is hard to even practice for. The only "upside" may be that two experienced To3's (team of threes) merge/fuse to play together. The 2 most iconic console FPS teams of today and yesteryear were better known as solid Teams of 3. Look at Halo's Final Boss (most MLG tournament wins as a team) ... Ogre 1, Ogre 2, Walshy and ____. That 4th man was always more of a filler. Fast forward to today with Team Complexity from Call of Duty. Crimsix (former Halo kid), Teepee, Aches and ____. See the pattern? They've only been on a winning streak for 6-7 months, and have already dropped their solid 4th Clayster for a newer pickup in Karma.

It's the team of 3 reality that always faces teams with a struggle to keep a consistent 4th.

Now try to honestly imagine the amount of chemistry it would take to maintain a 6v6 roster... it wouldn't be good for players, team owners, or the eSports scene that develops now more around players than actual Teams. These are team games, I think people forgot that along the way.

So I hope this sheds a little light on why 6v6 could be detrimental for this game's success from a competitive standpoint. Will it play better in a 6v6 format? Maybe... honestly I'd bet it would given the size of the maps and the constant intensity you feel when playing in a 6v6 lobby. Will 6v6 be feasible in the long run now that you see the big picture behind competitive? I'm going to have to say "No", since it's a very delicate balance with a lot of factors that affects many different groups and individuals for the most part in a negative way.

- TYPØ

20. Andrew Dawson

Andrew Dawson Generation 1

Yeah but release it when the retail game is out