Titanfall Expedition DLC - First look at Runoff map

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WhoIsDo, May 2, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Hi everyone,

Respawn has just posted a blog entry that details one of the Expedition DLC maps: Runoff. We've previously looked at War Games, but today is our very first look at Runoff. I've included the images and information from the blog below. What do you think of Runoff?

Runoff was an experiment to try and make a small map but still allow Titans enough pathing options so that they don’t feel constrained or limited. The core concept of the level is multiple layers of paths: concrete canals filled with water and trash below, and upper levels that are cleaner and more industrial. I thought the canals would be cool for Titans to fight in, with Pilots able to jump across them. I also set out to make more choke points in the level, something that is pretty hard to do in our game, at least for Pilots with their enhanced mobility.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At the heart of Runoff are three main buildings. The largest is the main building housing two large inlet tubes in the center of it. The others are all connected with sky-bridges and running billboards. The trench below these buildings is the central artery of the entire map. If your Titan falls down into these trenches, you will have to travel back to either end of the map to find a ramp back up. The trenches also serve to help you escape quickly when your Titan gets into an unwinnable fight.

[​IMG]

In CTF, the flag bases are located at either end of the main trench path. As a pilot you can use this trench to move between flags very quickly.

[​IMG]

In Hardpoint, B is the only point which can be captured directly by a Titan but both A and C allow a Titan to see and shoot into them–have your auto Titan provide cover while you capture!

[​IMG]

Runoff ends up being a pretty fun level that plays very differently in each game mode. You’ll find yourself using different areas of the map depending on what you choose.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Christopher

Christopher Generation 2

I am excited. I love new maps. Gives me a new thing to look forward to and new strategies to learn. Thanks for the details boss.

3. Spook x Swimmer

Spook x Swimmer Generation 2

When does the DLC ... Drop?

*Pun intended.

4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

No official date just yet. All we know at the moment is "May 2014".

5. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I sure hope the DLC dispatch isn't going to be one map at a time...

6. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

How much does an individual drops cost? And do Xbox One and Xbox 360 drop at the same time?

7. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

It's $10 per DLC, 25 for three of them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Killer Cook

The Killer Cook Generation 1

Thanks for the forum. The way they are the releasing the map info (1 each week) i think they will release info about the last map (swampland) next weekend and release for download the weekend after that.

• Old Old x 1
  9. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

THAT sounds good! Looking forward to this.

10. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

Cant wait! New Maps!