Titanfall Generations requirements & challenges

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Mar 10, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

I'm 3rd gen, working on 4th regen requirements and I absolutely love these requirements. It truly is more "prestigious" to know you've grinded through to get to where you're at. I'm definitely dreading some of these, but still excited about the grind!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cerberusx

Cerberusx Generation 3

I'm on my way to Generation 4, but my concern right now is "No Hitter." How? Just how am I supposed to get 50 kills with the Satchel charge? Anyone got info?

3. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

CTF or Hardpoint games? Just play defense and place your charges either near the capture points or at choke and entry points... detonate where appropriate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cerberusx

Cerberusx Generation 3

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try later.

5. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Try rodeoing titans & when the pilots are in the process of jumping out chuck a satchel charge down on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

This and in Pilot Hunter just throw satchels near enemies and detonate it, It has a nice explosive range on it and 1 shots pilots.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I'm having huge luck with tossing them like grenades and then double tapping X while I run.

So I'll spot a pilot, put one bullet in him, give chase, throw one satchel charge at the ground, and toss one as I run. And as soon as I start getting shot.....BOOOMMmmm. The blast radius is so huge I usually get a few grunts too.

But the rodeo-ing thing works like a charm too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

9. Luxxtenebri

Luxxtenebri Generation 2

At first i thought it was weird that you leveled so fast. Seemed like they were just throwing max level at you. But then i got to gen 3 and am forced to use the sorry excuse for a weapon that is the plasma rifle. Talk about impossible to use. Why doesnt it charge like the arc gun? You can't kill anyone without it being fully charged and you can't fully charge it without becoming a sitting duck. Plus using the instant shot mod on the gun is as effective as throwing a crumpled up piece of paper at someone. Grrrr...might be stuck at G3 out of fear that using the plasma rifle will result in me hurting innocent people:)

10. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

The Plasma Gun was my most looked forward too Titan weapon and I will confess I am a bit disappointed with it. Saying that, I'll give you some advice on how to use it.

I began using it on the Stryder mech, and would stay well back from Titan fights and "snipe" kills while I was in the zoomed/charge mode. This way you're not taking any damage and let the Ogre's/Atlas' soak up all the damage and attention.

Secondly I began to use it more with the Atlas when I got the "Instant Shot" attachment. Essentially you lose the ability to deal a chunk damage but the rail-gun is now faster firing. I coupled this with Rocket Salvo to bring down Titan shields and than just zap away with the rail-gun until its dead.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sorrows Revenge

Sorrows Revenge Generation 2

I think they are doable but a little excessive. I like the idea of earning your regen but there are a few that are a bit much. Also it takes a little fun out of the game being "forced" to use weapons that you are not good with in order to move on. Also I believe people of less skill will give up on trying to regen and even quit playing the game when they realize that they will probably never get near gen 10. Also what's the point of accelerated xp if you will probably be stuck at 50 for a while any way. At least after gen 5-6. I am trying to decide if I just casually work on the challenges or go all out. My nature is to go all out but I think it will frustrate me and my pure enjoyment of this game will suffer. I hope Respawn maybe adjust this a little or you may see a ton of 5 th gen for a while especially with the gooser challenge.

12. Sorrows Revenge

Sorrows Revenge Generation 2

Maybe but if anyone still plays long enough they will get it

13. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain Generation 3

Going from 9 to 10 is gonna be rough but I guess that's how it's supposed to be lol I'm just approaching Gen 3 it's hard to believe I've seen Gen 9s already!!!

14. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

You've gotta change your thinking about this...it's not "being forced" ....it's proving you've become proficient enough at this game that you can use a variety of weapons, a variety of different ways, and do it repeatedly. That's what it's supposed to do...weed out the less skilled players or the lazy ones or the easily frustrated ones. When you see a GEN 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10....you will look at those guys with reverence.

Because they earned it. Everyone starts out as a Pilot. But those guys will be Elite.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SteelCurtain

I know the Gooser challenge is gonna be very very tough. I'm bout to be Gen 3 & still have to kill a ejecting pilot. I can't find the right gun

16. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

It's supposed to be tough :) Here....

• Like Like x 3
  17. SteelCurtain

Nice! Thanks man that's gonna help out a ton, I can't wait to get off work & give it a try lol that's my problem I look all around & can never find them & it's nearly impossible to get them before they hit the ground if you're on the ground

18. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

NP!

I'll tell ya, it helps A BUTTLOAD. You'll nail it 9/10 times.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelCurtain

Yeah I was reading you should use the chaingun & just shoot above the titans head while the pilots ejecting but ejecting with the pilot seems like a way better idea lol

20. L0l0

L0l0 Generation 3

I did not see hat one coming. This is going to be fun lol.