Titanfall K/D?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by DiirtyRed1, Mar 20, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DiirtyRed1

DiirtyRed1 Generation 2

Hey guys I just put out a video on my channel talking about my stats and favorite loadouts through my first generation! I was just wondering what your k/d's are? I had a 7.4 lifetime average and a 3.7 vs other players!

-Chris

2. Rōnin Rick 831

Rōnin Rick 831 Generation 2

K/D doesn't matter. PTFO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. DiirtyRed1

DiirtyRed1 Generation 2

I play attrition big guy! Killing is the objective

4. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

1.9 i think? I play hardpoint/ctf so k/d doesn't matter.

Also these gun challenges are destroying my k/d lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MysteriousScaRe

MysteriousScaRe Generation 2

3.9 against Players
    15.7 lifetime average (Auto-Titan ftw :D)

6. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

Mine is horrible too because of the challenges: 2.4

But I'm Gen 8 and OMW to Gen 9 probably today. :D

7. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

Yeah, K/D doesn't really matter- at least in terms of judging better players.

Players who cherry-pick matches will have a better K/D than players who don't. Players who are able to invite people to stack their team will have a better K/D than players who don't. Etc, Etc.

Then there's stuff like Titan kills- which the game doesn't give a very good metric for. The best you can do is take your number of Titan kills and divide it by the number of games you've played- and you get a semi-useful "average Titans killed per game" metric.

2.4 is actually very above average (which is approximately 1.0)- unless of course that isn't the pilot vs pilot score.

8. A.C

A.C Generation 4

I'm getting better I feel. I play solo.

I started defensively/slowly and am still only Level 43, but my confidence is improving. I still lack proper map knowledge, but use a couple of fundamental rules/tactics that keep me safe and prodcutive. I'm definitely much more involved in the battle in comparison to the early levels where I struggled to know whether I was coming or going. I am starting to understand main traffic areas and trying to be smarter about the deployment of my Titan.

I have a 2.3 Pilot on Pilot KD and a 7.0 Overall.

Biggest change that has benefitted me the most is switching out the HCOG for the Holosight- the HCOG is a useless sight IMPO.

The Holo is not as easy on the eye as the HCOG, but in terms of effectiveness it is clear and offers the perfect blend of distanced targetting without being too obstructive in CQB battles. I couple that with a suppressor on my R101-C and really feel as if my game has improved massively.

9. Pilgor3

Pilgor3 Generation 3

3.0 vs pilots but I got a 88% w/l I play hardPoint and CTF

10. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

So I figured I could calculate out Titan kills per lifetime.

Since I feel this is a HUGELY overlooked stat. When pilots contribute to taking out Titans, it helps out the team a great deal.

To get this stat, take your "total pilot kills" then divide that number by your K/D vs pilots. This will give you how many times you've died.

Then simply divide your number of Titan kills by that resulting number.

1020 Kills
    1.5 K/D vs Pilots
    680 deaths
    238 Titan kills
    = 0.35 Titan kills per lifetime on average

Mine is 0.35, so it appears I take out a Titan once every 3 lives.

this stat can be skewed by a lot of things though, such as time spent playing the "Last Titan Standing" mode, however, I have not tried this mode yet.

Some more useful statistics would be "score per minute", which is important, because one can have a high K/D, and a high number of Titan kills, but for these to help the team they need to be concentrated in shorter amounts of time, rather than spread out over many games where the resulting score is low.

The "score per minute" would also be complicated by the way different game modes affect this, however, so it may be better to just look at "times as MVP" or "times in Top 3", etc.

TL:DR;

It's much more complex than simply calculating K/D to determine someone's performance.

11. MistedShade

MistedShade Generation 1

So my pilot k/d is 1.6, but my last 10 games average has ranged from 5 to 6 for the last 40-50 games? Just wondering, is this good? Most games I go like 15 and 3 and I'm almost always top 2-3

12. THE_oldy

THE_oldy Generation 2

#12 THE_oldy, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
    For attrition what about a net score per minute; points gained minus points given away.

Another forgotten stat for attrition players is titan deaths. They are a bigger deal than pilot deaths.

K/D doesnt reflect your impact on attrition matches very accurately. Someone with 10-3 almost doubles the net score per minute of someone at 5-1, but has a lower K/D.

I think lifetime K/D stats, the million influencing factors aside, serve as a metric for the minimum skill someone has.
    If you see someone has 10:1, you can figure that with even the most K/D whorey style they have to know what they're doing.
    But it's a bad metric for performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Ahhhhh. Here we go again, its another mines bigger than yours session. Here is what I had to say the last time we whipped out our KD's for comparison

"I would like to thank Titanfall from rescuing me from the hideous merry go round that is creating and preserving a KD/win loss ratio. I have spent many years and many dollars (Astro mixamps, AKG headphones, Audio technica headphones for godmode sound whoring, A50 headsets, A40 headsets, monitors, kontrol freeks, scuf controllers...the list is long) creating a reasonable KD. Titanfall taught me that the game is the end in itself, it whispered in my ear that the game is where the ecstasy lay, the inscrutable ecstasy that comes from turning on a player and just f**king destroying him across the map, beating a stryder into utter submission with my bare hands in an ogre, destroying an ogre by running rings around it in a styder and killing with death by a thousand cuts from a 40mm cannon, dropping a satchel at the feet of a sweaty tryhard who has been destroying me for 4 maps, hearing the crisp crack as I break the neck of roof dwelling sniper who cares not look around, these...these are the clean and crystal clear moments...where my existence is transcended by the overwhelming joy of it all...I am free, released from the weight of a such a dry and lifeless statistic, to run wild like only one who has been there and found the rewards of KD's and Win loss obsession altogether.....numb.

Here endeth the lesson"

Nuff said. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. PaperMask

PaperMask Generation 2

What Sgt_rawk just said. I look at my K/D occasionally, I'm happy with it, but most of the time I'm too busy having fun playing the game and the objectives to notice or care. As long as I kill a few more pilots than kill me per round I'm a happy boy! :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I don't want to say mine.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Drunken_Jedi

Drunken_Jedi Generation 2

I was thinking Average Attrition Point Per Minute but net AAPPM would also do the trick. This would be a far better metric.

Taking it a step further, also could be included is hard point points/minute, don't play CTF but I'm sure the stat would include caps & returns. LTS would be a lil more difficult as you would have to include assist because they are important, maybe amount of damage dished/taken per minute.

In the end I don't think they should have even included KD as a stat to track but rather some other useful one like AAPPM, that is a better indicator overall for the particular mode.

17. A.C

A.C Generation 4

Whether it matters or not, my stats are as follows:

- Gen 10
    - 100% Solo
    - 67% W/L
    - 70% Top 3
    - 30% MVP
    - Pilot KD: 3.8
    - Overall KD: 12

18. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

K/D is useless. I dont even know what mine is.

I play. I have fun! I win! End of Story.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. THE_oldy

THE_oldy Generation 2

Thats a very impressive win ratio for a solo player, well done.

20. skinNbonez27

skinNbonez27 Generation 2

HEY I wanna measure my dick too!!!!

4.3 life time
    1.4 vs players...
    win percentage- 68%
    MVP 12 times- top three 32 times. out of 60 some odd games (only a level 39 Gen1)

I only recently found some guys to party up occasionally.

Oh and what the Ballistic Dad over there said.... I play. I win. I have fun.