Titanfall Might Not Be Fun For Much Longer-That Darn Gooser Challenge

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by BigDaddyHotGue, Jun 4, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I'm getting board... sick... tired. That darn gooser challenge! Yes... yes. I KNOW. I shouldn't be whinging since Respawn reduced it from 50 down to a measly little 5. I know it can be done - I've got 3! I only need 2 more!!

Having said that, I think Respawn needs another re-think on this challenge. Clearly the ecosystem of Titanfall has changed dramatically since it's release. Example: I was on a team playing LTS for almost an hour last night and most all 5 of us were gen 5 and most were at level 50. Guess what EVERYONE was going for... that's right... the GOOSER. And guess what...? Not a single time in any of the rounds did anyone on the opposing team ever eject from their titan. Not once. So I switch over to an attrition server. I play a few rounds - and never once did an opposing pilot ever eject from their titan. So I switch over to hard point... and guess what? Never once did an opposing pilot ever eject from their titan.

Sadly, I might just have to bid a tearful farewell to Titanfall. I'm getting board... sick... and tired of trying hard and spending LOTS of time trying to advance in a game ecosystem that no longer presents the opportunity to progress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RedGhost211

RedGhost211 Generation 4

Try playing it for the fun, not the achievements. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

Good advice. And I agree! I have been playing it for fun. For some 300+ odd hours. And it has been fun. Progressing challenges is also part of the fun. There's a challenge to be worked on... to be met. But this challenge absolutely requires that criteria exist that are totally outside of the players control. It would be really interesting to know the total number of players in Titanfall and the % that are "stuck" at Gen5. It would be even more interesting to know how many Gen5'ers ultimately stop playing the game (or even just play way less often) having never progressed.

At some stage - no matter if you're Gen5 or Gen10, players will have unlocked all the modifications and game options. After time, the game gets a bit stale without the ability to progress challenges. It is a bit frustrating when achieving challenges is 99% out of your control. At least if you've made it all the way to Gen10... you can say you did them all!

4. nelperez007

nelperez007 Generation 2

I started to feel they same way when I was working on the gooser challenge. Keep working at it. When it's done and over you going to feel accomplished. It's a good challenge. Not meant to be easy. I hope respawn keeps it. It separates the true pilot from the grunts.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. J0kerscyc0

J0kerscyc0 Generation 2

it makes the grind longer, I'm gonna b Gen 9 tomorrow after 10 wins and Gen 9 is gonna suck but when u hit 10 n there's nothing to do aside from playing to play ur going to move away then. Gooser is annoying but just play ur fav game type with friends and if the opportunity presents itself take it.

6. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

That's cool. I guess I'm just really annoyed that this particular challenge is mostly out of my control. Can't get the required 'kills' if nobody ever ejects during the whole match... I bet you had to do it when it was 50 and that was super hard! I don't mind if Respawn keeps it or reduces the requirement further. Like I said... I know it can be done, I've got 3. But these last 2 are a real grind...! Thanks for your encouragement!

7. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

Maybe I need to have more XBox 'friends'. That might make things a bit more entertaining. Good suggestion... Hey good luck with Gen 9! Maybe I'll see you online in a match sometime... I used to have the GT 'BigDaddyHotGue' but apparently that offended someone because XBLive recently (and without notice!) changed me to 'QuickCalf913436'. Keep an eye out for me online! Cheers.

8. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I had trouble doing it until I saw this video now I do it fun, has the best advice I've seen anywhere.

9. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

Hey... good news... XBLive has admitted a mistake and apologised... I'm 'BigDaddyHotGue' again! Thank heavens 'cause I'd never had remembered that QuickCalf... GT!!

10. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

I've seen that vid. Awesome advice. I've watched it about a dozen times 'cause it is the best advice anywhere - you're right! Good news... I got one more last night! Now I'm up to 4. I guess my frustration is still that I'm playing over and over again in games that although fun, don't ever present the opportunity to progress. It would be different if pilots were popping out of their Titans all over the place and I was just awful at shooting. That's not the case. There's nobody ejecting out of Titans in game and game after game. I'll stop crying over it 'cause I'm only 1 off finishing now. Should be good to go in the next few days... Fingers crossed and watching the skies!!

11. Paddy

Paddy Generation 1

Just started this one. Plenty of people eject when I play so hopefully will be ok (I'm on 360). I assume you have to shoot them in mid air?

12. Dedmanzhand

Dedmanzhand Generation 2

Just completed the Gooser challenge, and it probably took me 3-4 frustrating evenings. Then hit Gen 6 level 20 in 8 games (7 of which I was MVP). I guess the sheer joy of completing this challenge converted into some kind of superhuman reflexes!

Seriously though, people complaining about this challenge always then go on to complain about there being nothing to achieve after Gen 10. If this challenge and other hard challenges were easier, then you would achieve Gen 10 even sooner, so your logic is severely flawed. The game would be shorter, and you would hit that "stale point" sooner.

Also, it takes on average around 1000 games to get to Gen 10, so I believe that £40 is pretty reasonable for all of this quality game time. No game lasts forever...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Paddy

Paddy Generation 1

If and when I hit Gen 10 I will not consider this game over it will just mean I can play whatever set up I like. I hope Respawn introduce further challenges as long as they keep the same format.
    Personally I think I will go for 50 of these rather than 5 before I regen just so I know I did it. It is not one of those challenges that really affects my team contribution as it is something I try snd do any way.Does anyone know if this is recorded anywhere once the 5 have been done or will I have to keep a manual record?

14. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

@Paddy if you go into your kills record it's will show you how many you done. The stat is called 'Ejecting Pilots' or something like that. I'm Gen10 and I still play it all time despite the arrival of Watch Dogs my enjoyment in the game is playing it with friends and having fun. No news on any new challenges but more game modes are supposed to be show cased at E3

15. Paddy

Paddy Generation 1

Mint. I will stick with it to 50 then. Cheers

16. BOOSTkdv

BOOSTkdv Generation 2

Just finished the Gooser a couple days ago. Wasn't to bad for me. I used the Chaingun and just ripped em up. Gotta find the noob players who don't cloak when they eject ;)

17. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

Everyone finds The Gooser difficult, and it does keep you at Gen 5 for longer than you may think you deserve.
    But, once you get the five (which you will if you persevere) you'll find that you get them all the time afterwards and you'll zip through Gens 6 and 7 and most of Gen 8.

And that's the trouble with this game. And when you get to the end of Gen 8 you'll agree with me; Aside from a few bottle necks you progress far too quickly.

I got stuck on Gen 5 and nearly gave in too. But now I'm 14 wins away from Gen 9.

I absolutely love this game. I have put in over 120 hours to this game already and have never been so addicted to a game. Ever. So much so that I do not want this journey to end. I love the regeneration challenges. But after generation 9 it ends and you can reach level 50 Gen 10 in a days play- what an anticlimax!

What will we do then? I can't see the game holding my attention in the same way it does now, and I can see myself wandering away.

So. Don't hate The Gooser. Treat it like a sabbatical away from the pressure of completing challenges. Allow the time it gives you to be liberated as a player. Muck around with different loadouts and play for the pure enjoyment of playing Titanfall- full of the knowledge that your still on journey- just taking a little time out. Your gooser kills will come. Don't be too hasty to level up, because before you know it this wonderful journey will be over :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. BOOSTkdv

BOOSTkdv Generation 2

^^ Is there a reset button in TitanFall, to start over at Gen 1? I absolutely love this game as well. Haven't had this much fun since the COD4/Mw2 days.

19. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

No reset button, but you can delete your save and start again. Know a few people who have done that already.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

I do sincerely hope that Vince Zampella (?) or at least some on his team read this forum. There is a LOT OF LOVE for this game. They need to do something to keep players interested after Gen 10. I am NOT a FPS gamer normally. Only ever prestiged once before. Get bored. But this game has me by the nuts- I love those little yellow "challenge completed" messages -and if it keeps me interested I'll stay.

What I don't want-

1. A dozen more maps with no Raison d'être. I don't need or care about a skate park, an airport terminal or a building site map.
    2. Further Regeneration challenges that offer more of the same- weapons proficiency training.

What I do want-

1. A continuation of the MP campaign that give maps a purpose.
    2. Veteran Challenges that focus on winning the varied game modes. ( I currently only play attrition, hardpoint on occasion, and Last Titan Standing if I need to complete Titan challenges). Push me out of my comfort zone PLEASE
    3. Daily or Weekly challenges that award Medals
    An Advocate

• Like Like x 2