Titanfall Might Not Be Fun For Much Longer-That Darn Gooser Challenge

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by BigDaddyHotGue, Jun 4, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Gate Keeper

The Gate Keeper Generation 2

This fliping challenge is driving me mental i got 2 in one match on lvl 19 & its been a drought ever since, im sitting on 50 have been for days only challenge im needing is this one.

Im starting to feel like old Mc donald on the farm running round TF dooming titans looking for the goose

2. Gagnon 30

Gagnon 30 Generation 3

Why dont you buy it with 100,000 points you have earned in game?

3. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Arc cannon or rodeo eject kills while airborn are the easiest. Charge rifle is also good for them. I did manage to get a few by hitting a doomed Titan square in the face with a cluster missile however timing is issue for this one lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Gate Keeper

happy i've got that challenge sorted, persistance pays off. chain gun + xtended mag bagged em. helped most when i can get onto the Australian server & play @ 60 to 90 ping rate. Instead of east coast us & the like on pings of 250+ i could get a few hit markers on them @ that ping rate but they would allways land on there feet like a cat with 9 lives.
    Now happy to be finishing off the last of my G2A4 gen7 pilot kill reqs. The funny thing is now goosings are second nature with 17 alone this regen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Glad your past that (not as glad as you I'm sure) challenge. Good job Keeper.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChrisPBaken

ChrisPBaken Generation 1

Arc Cannon or Chain gun. I have a bit over 20,000 pilot kills and about 1,700 of them are goosers. I honestly don't see how 5 can possibly be a problem.
    I also have like 200 or so Charge Rifle pilot goosers. It is difficult and requires smooth motion, but it is not as hard as most people think. Honestly I feel like 5 goosers is too little.
    I think it should be 20. 50 was a bit much for the average player to tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My Hero Iz Me

My Hero Iz Me Generation 5

Make it 200 at Gen 10-49. That will be the real curve right there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Gate Keeper

Cheers i honestly think its a challenge WORTH its weight in gold. Im now a gen 8 lvl 50 pilot & have 12 left on the "all i do is win" challenge. So im actually polishing up the gen 9 req's. Hemlock, Smartie etc while im finishing off the wins i need.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Time to start getting the confetti bagged and get the band tuned up.:D

10. The Gate Keeper

I've been workn toward getting the Gooser insignia for titan :) proud to say this achivement now sits @ 49% out off 100% so this would be the pot of gold at the end rainbow for me

• Like Like x 1
  11. Taolinsan

Taolinsan Generation 2

I agree wth Sgt. Pain. Don't feel like u need to rush the generation challenges. As soon as I relaxed and wasn't busting a nut trying to get the gooser kills I got 2 in one evening. I took some extra time in gen 5 to get acquainted wth the LMG cause I knew I'd have to use it for gen 6. Tried different pilot and Titan load outs for different maps,tried different weapons and sometimes got beat and sometimes not. IMHO if you have the chance and a piloted Titan is going nuclear get far enough away that u don't get blown up then start shouting right above the Titans head!! Pilot is ejecting straight up from Titan as opposed to trying to hit them at some point in the ejection arc. Just my 2¢

• Like Like x 1
  12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I'm sure you wouldn't mind Hero. I think I saw 200 Goosers in a montage.;) Oh Yeah, I had a blast (and I mean that literally) playing with you today. :D No, really, you blasted me out of the sky, off of rooftops.:mad: Such an honor to be slain by Hero.:D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. My Hero Iz Me

:) I remember when I first read the challenge I thought that would be impossible, now it's like I get five a match. It matters what weapon you use tho. The chaingun is good to slay pilots on the ground, and maybe even the non cloaked pilots that eject. But then they go camo and into the far sky it's hard to get enough shots. The Arc cannon helps with that, usually wait till they get to their peak, most players will use their jets... (Not really sure why, it's not like you wanna be in the air longer but whatever) that's usually when I spot the ghost and taser his ass :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Just as a tip for everyone still working on this challenge (or if you just want some fun but don't need the challenge)... if you can score one of the Titan burn cards that amps the Arc Cannon... it's way easier to goose 'em. My Hero Iz Me is spot on. Charge up that Arc Cannon and zap 'em right at the top of their eject arc. If you've got that burn card active, you'll zap the hell out of 'em no problem...!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

"Top of the arc" is the key, I did mine with the chain gun using that technique, they are stationary for a second or two before falling. It was a tough one but alot of them were.

16. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I suck at anything with the words Gooser and/or challenge in the sentence. To be honest, I think the majority of my goosers were luck or... let's just stick with luck.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!! Since you are brave enough to admit it, I will too. Ditto above. But, My problem is not so much hitting them as it is that I can just never see them in the air. When I do I get so excited I end up apparently trying to kick them out of the sky. Has not worked yet! My bad. I have learned to take a long deep breath before I go looking for gooses and it helps. Actually most of my goosers for the challanges have happened as they are just ejecting and I have been blasting at the titan head as it is exploding ie accidental.

18. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

High sensitivity and chaingun. Try getting goosers with normal sensitivity, best I can do is a couple hit markers but I can't track them fast enough.

19. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, know what you mean, it was an art to get shots on.

20. My Hero Iz Me

imagine a lobby full of players like me who stim and strafe eject out of their titans when doomed. Some may never get the challenge. From experience I can tell you that the arc cannon is the easiest method. The chain gun works on the ground, but unless they go straight up and non cloaked you're gonna have a tough time getting anything other than hit markers and phantom hits. The Arc cannon is a bit hard to get used to but once mastered you'll understand why it is so often used. Still when a pilot nuke ejects inside a building and dies it often gives you a goose so time played will often reward you as well.