Titanfall Might Not Be Fun For Much Longer-That Darn Gooser Challenge

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by BigDaddyHotGue, Jun 4, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. My Hero Iz Me

My Hero Iz Me Generation 5

• Like Like x 1
  2. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Wow. I've got 80 or so goosers now but I'm pretty sure none of them were with the 40mm cannon. You've got to be too lucky or really to precise (good!) with that one. Nice shot!

3. Cudder34

Cudder34 Generation 1

Just forge the challenge, easy

4. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

I guess it's kinda nice that you can do that now. Nearly a year ago when I first made this post... Forge Certification didn't exist. Kinda too easy now.

By the way -- I *just* unlocked the Gooser Titan insignia the other day. Guess that means I've officially got 100+ of the pesky buggers! You can bet I've outfitted one of my usual Titan's with that insignia. 100 Goosers and counting now!! HA!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

FORGE!!!:eek: Well, that's a nice easy way... I guess.;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Amazing. You have great instincts. But please tell me that was mostly luck. I do not think I have that many hours of practice Left in my whole life to get that good of a feel for the 40 mm to do that. At least on am Xbox1.

7. My Hero Iz Me

8. My Hero Iz Me

It's not impossible but like you said you have to get a feel for the 40mm. I have practiced it for about 2-3 weeks now, been playing on a couple new accounts playing with a new load out it's been fun.

9. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Luck????:eek: You??? :rolleyes: I doubt that very seriously. Now if I were to make a shot like that (or one of the it seems hundreds I've seen you make)... now that would be luck.:D

10. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  11. My Hero Iz Me

Lol give your self some credit. Only kills given in this game are smart pistol kills and Titan dooms at the end of rounds. Everything else you made happen bro.You're the real MVP.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

what's yr new loadout, I'll give it a run...;)

13. My Hero Iz Me

Well it's been mostly the new Titan with the 40mm the arc cannon is still the most OP thing in the game and I get kills by the rack, but to be honest it kinda sucks the fun out of the game sometimes. The 40mm is your best bet against an arc cannon, it can shake up the whole screen and mess the aim up badly. Not to mention the how rewarding the feeling of goosing someone with it. How their pilot just explodes when contact is made. Ahh it's just unmatchable. However I have been trying out the G2 a bit. And I have been trying to become a better flag runner so I have been using the R-97 with power cell it's been different. Overall the change to the 40mm has been the most fun, I'm not perfect but the amount of players I 1 shot latterly has been increasing. It's sweet feeling to hit someone one time and stop them in their tracks.

14. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

Funny you should mention the G2. After seeing someone (velociroflOP) play a game one night with the G2 I realized that it is probably one of the most overlooked guns in the game. If you have good aim it is an incredible gun. I have seen him take out pilots win one or two shots across the map almost, while jumping. In all honesty I did not even see the pilot. It was awesome. I also have to keep remembering hat I am an XBoner and he is on a computer. But it was still a marvel to watch. Lately I have been having a ball with the Hemlok. Again good aim helps (I am far from good) but have done some real damage with it.

15. My Hero Iz Me

Yeah velocirofl is just in another level compared to the rest of the PC players man he's ridiculous. But yeah it's for some stopping for sure. But jump shots will for sure take some time to mater.

16. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Gee, thanks for the pep talk coach.;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That's one of the 6 insignia badges that I need... only 70 more to go.:mad: Damn I hate goosers!!! o_O

18. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

True that, achievements are great - but playing for the fun of it is better.

If you're out there wasting people, you'll be remembered next time they log on. That's what's important regardless of Gen.

19. BigDaddyHotGue

Elite Pilot

True enough @RottweilerluvNZ - very true.

I made this post in utter frustration well over a year ago. It's amazing how many times it's been viewed here and all the responses it's gotten!

Since this post, I can cheerfully report that I'm up to nearly 200 goosers! Just checked today and ironically was having a chat with my son on the topic so I know I'm up around 197 or 198 now. It is amazing what happens when you stop focussing on a challenge and just play for the fun of it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Hey - are you the BigDaddyHotGue on the Aus servers kicking arse all the time? lol.

If so, you along with the other elites have been a great inspiration to aspire too!!

I only started up towards end of last year, took me several months to get to Gen 10, the challenges really did my head in but kept me going.

If that is you, I'm there pretty much every night and whenever can being a reckless pilot & causing havoc.

Been doing some time on the US servers though, in capture the flag lately.

You're a damn hard pilot to take down for the record!.