Titanfall player count confirmed as 6v6

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Jan 7, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

A lot of speculation over the last few weeks, but Vince Zampella has confirmed the multiplayer count for players as 6v6 on Twitter today. We had previously seen IGN claim that it was 64 players, but the game's creator has stated otherwise.

He does mention that the player count for 6v6 is only humans, and doesn't include the AI. While it's a bit disappointing to see that low of a player count, this game is something that we haven't seen before... so I trust Respawn's ability to balance the game.

What do you think about the official player count for Titanfall being 6v6?

2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Its fine. If the maps are a little small, it'll work fine. I read that Respawn found this to be the best number for game play and stuff like that.
    Besides, that's 12 Human Players! And in addition there can be up to 3 Titans at atime per side? :D
    Oh the humanity! ;)

3. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I've always preferred intimate gameplay of a smaller team. Furthermore from the time Titanfall was revealed the term campaign multiplayer has been tossed around. Since it's a new twist on MP, I trust Respawn has done their homework and this is a necessary player level to obtain Titanfall' optimal performance.

4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Definitely agree. The more I read of Zampella's tweets, it makes sense. Just makes me more anxious to get my hands on the game!

5. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

They are all over this on the Official site. Lots of mixed reviews, but I think most of everyone agrees this is for the best. The most vocal are the highly competitive players. They only want "human" players, and can't stand the thought of playing against AI bots and getting killed!
    I have tried to read as much of Zampella's comments, and I must agree he is correct.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

6v6 is a great move most of the games i play a lot of multiplayer is between 4v4 and 5v5