Titanfall will feature both male & female pilots

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 11, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

When Call of Duty: Ghosts released last month, I was happy to see that they included the option for playable female characters. Gamers aren't just males, so it's important that both genders have the option to choose a character they feel somewhat represents them (or they have the option to play with whatever character they choose.

The tweet I've included below makes me pretty happy, as I don't think we've seen confirmation from Respawn Entertainment on playable female soldiers.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Everyone should be portrayed. It makes sense.

3. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

It's nice to see the option to have a female pilot. However, being female, I almost never pick the option when it's available in game. Usually the customization for female characters in video games are pretty poor, plus it only adds to the harassment us girls often receive in MP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

That's unfortunate.
    This IS the 21st century............?............right?
    But then again, most, if not ALL future-styled-sci/fy stories feature women as equals to men. Rather odd they don't like girl gamers

5. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I have a feeling Titanfall will do a proper job of representing us girls. I'm sure Respawn's CM, Abbie will see to it. After all it is her who has given us the already immortal catch phrase "standby for Titanfall".

Call Of Duty Ghosts has also done well in the customizations for the in game female avatar.

• Like Like x 4
  6. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I definitely think you're right on this one. With how large the spotlight is on Titanfall with its mass appeal, it seems likely that female soldiers will be represented and feature great customization (if that's an option for soldiers in the game).

7. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

It's nice to see that girls can play girls, but am I the only one who finds it annoying when a guy plays a female character?

8. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

HEY! its the 21st century! :eek:

Guys can be in touch with their feminine side...............o_O
    Besides, I bet "their" uniforms are way cooler........................and fashionable!

Its all good....................just being funny. I think its about time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

from the Stryder Trailer the pilot running did look like a female, i'm happy love playing females in GoW3 & J and sure i'll love it in Titanfall

10. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Anya!

Glad to see variance between pilot selection. It'll help them appeal to a broader community!

11. Crescent

Crescent Generation 1

I am so glad and relieved to hear that you're able to play as a female. Not to sound like a complete feminist or anything but I've been annoyed for years at the fact that you are by default a male. But now that it's the 21st century it's time for changes. I'm really excited for this game.

12. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

#12 Pilot_KC, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    After being in the Army myself, I always found it weird how female soldiers are often portrayed in video games/movies. In the army, you couldn't really distinguish the female members of a platoon from the male when we're all geared up with the only general exception of there being height discrepancies.

From the female models I saw in the beta, this seemed to be the case and I was glad to see it.

13. MATT3RMIND

MATT3RMIND Generation 2

I might have one female pilot load out just because one of the models looks like Tali from Mass Effect.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

If her knees bend the other way around, I'm going to have to start wondering about the next stage of human evolution.....

15. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

I will be wearing my best red dress! So look for me:eek:

One advantage to playing the female is she is smaller and less easy to spot.
    That is mostly an excuse. The real reason I would play as a female is... you guys would be a gentleman an open doors for me...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Laughter

Laughter Generation 2

I had to sign up for this forum just so I could tell you this comment made me smile. Best excuse to play as a female I have seen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Sounds like this may have been missed, but during the beta I noticed you were able to choose pilot gender.

In titanfall the pilots are all pretty similar hit boxes so I don't see an issue with it.

Unlike when Gears introduced females in gears 3 , I really disliked it and I remember being shot down on the Epic forums for being sexist !
    The reason I disliked the addition was two-fold,

1. The character hitbox was smaller and thus created imbalance unless you selected a female yourself. And I wouldn't do that because of point 2.

2. It ruined my immersion of the game, little skinny women , shrieking all over the place and being able to chainsaw through a 300lb armoured monster just didn't fit in to the Gears ethos that made me a fan.

Funnily enough these same reasons I voiced turned out to be regular complaints as time went on.

I don't believe this is an issue in the TF universe though, so if a female avatar is your choice then rock on, ill be sticking with a male though cause I'm not a girl.

18. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

EDIT double post

19. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Ah, thank you:)

20. Ultramarine

Ultramarine Generation 2

We were actually just discussing this in my gender in technology class. It's great to see these things balancing out. I do wish there was some way to stop the harassment from trolls though. While most of us men are respectful, it's always the ignorant who speak the loudest. Game on!