Titanfall will feature both male & female pilots

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 11, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Laughter

Laughter Generation 2

The main reason I gained interest in Titanfall was because of how well the female model was done. They did a wonderful job and it's nice to feel like someone cares. I don't really "listen" to any harassment though I have a habit of tuning people out when I play and it's very rare if I speak.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

In my gaming community, we have always enjoyed having female gamers as members and we support them.
    I am old school and don't like to see anyone disrespected. We are all gamer's and share a passion and interest in the gaming community. I love it when the Timmy's start trash talking one of the girls as she wipes the floor with them in the next game... LOL!

I grew up in a time where women had few rights and one of those women was my Mother. So for me, I see everyone simply as a fellow gamer, not a matter of sex, color or anything else.

A lot has changed in my time and some things, not enough

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ruby

Ruby Generation 2

I play as a female whenever I can (Saints Row, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Call of Duty, etc) and I don't recall ever receiving more harassment as a result of a female character model vs a male one. The harassment usually starts when people hear my voice. That said, I really liked the female character models in Titanfall - like the COD models, they look like real fighters: strong and appropriately armored. Will rep with pride. :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ultramarine

Ultramarine Generation 2

I seriously hope you guys are a good representation of the community that's about to be born, a group where all players are respected is absolutely something I want to be a part of.

5. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

I don't have an issue with this, as long as the female character model has the same size character model and hitbox as the male pilots. From what I've noticed while playing myself during the beta, there's nothing wrong with them... but this game is about to be held under a very close microscope. If there is any bit of inconsistency, someone in the competitive community will without a doubt sound the loudest whambulance alarm ever. Be prepared for this to be scrutinized heavily, that's just how it goes. Regardless if this game never even becomes competitive, a possible advantage is something that IS unfair. It's not being sexist, it's seeking fair and balanced play. I'm 100% for female character models, if there isn't an advantage.

I've seen this fought tooth and nail in the Gears community. To be honest, it STILL happens to this day... years after Gears 3 was released. Why? Because Gears 3 is still being played competitively.
    Locust were even removed in Gears Judgment by Epic due to mass amounts of hitbox claims. Many were correct, such as Savage Kantus being a literal sponge coming from Gears 3... though this approach ultimately backfired, since the hitboxes in GoW:J were still wrong for female characters. Then of course there was the horrible sound design, but I digress...

I'd also like to note in Gears 3 there are banned locust and cog characters, of both female and male models. However, every female has been banned from play due to hitbox issues that have been extensively tested.

If there is a good reason, people will fight it till kingdom come.

- TYPØ

6. Ultramarine

Ultramarine Generation 2

That's a different gender portrayal issue, in that both male and female models in that game were incredibly exaggerated, the males being inhumanly large and the females inhumanly thin. SO that's a whole different deal :p Still, it needs to be talked about.

7. LastStar1212

LastStar1212 Generation 2

THIS TICKS ME OFF ALOT IN GAMES.when a guy plays as a girl because it turns them on! I mean common guys, just because its the 21 century dosent mean we dudes are perv's :(

8. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Sadly, I don't really see a reason why guys play as female characters if the hitboxes are the same. Probably for the reason you just pointed out lol. But... errr. 21st Century... freedom to choose?
    @Sulq likes dressing up as a girl btw. Turns him on.

9. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Interesting debate. As I recall, most well thought out, serious sci-fi ALWAYS portrayed females as close to equals to men. From comic books to movies, they always were thought of as equals. Like Star Trek, Battlestar Gallactica, Star Wars, etc. Uni sex styled clothes, dys-topian future cities. Even the silly Interstellar marine stuff? Girls were front line soldiers.
    Besides, a few of the deadliest snipers of WW2 were Russian female soldiers. Look out boys, they've got guns!:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Not a bad thing at all. There are some awesome female Pilots out there that have been kicking my a**. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Like 1411816252247_wps_7_uae_pilot_jpg.jpg

Miriam Al Mansouri....................the UAE F16 fighter pilot that attacked ISIS???????

• Like Like x 2
  12. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes... just like her!!!

13. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Because I'm hawt. And yes, it is 2014, gender stereotypes are becoming a thing of the past. Unless you're from the southern U.S. God runs deep in their veins and archaic traditions are very prominent.

14. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

(face palm) :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. LastStar1212

But searasly if there are any hot girls on XBone then add me ;) GT:LastStar1212

• Like Like x 2
  16. LastStar1212

Oh Gawd dude :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Your milkshake brings all the pilots to the yard.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

They aren't really fading away as much as you say. Oh and LOL at the Southern U.S. stereotype.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LastStar1212

My sniping brings all my pilots to my Titan :)

20. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

My sniping brings heart ache, loss and misery to my team :(

• Like Like x 3