TV input lag

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by ThirdGuyver, Jan 31, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

The lag is real.
    I play on Xbone and use a tv that is believed to pre-date the stone age.

A 4k tv with a 240hz recharge rate is on the wish list along with a better router to somewhat counter balance the crumby internet comnection.

• Like Like x 1
  2. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Wow. What does being so close do for your eyesight?

3. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Bad, bad things.
    Very bad.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

We picked up a 65" 4K 3D Samsung 240hz over the holidays. The TV is absolutely amazing when it comes to picture quality. You still get the delay in video games though because of the response time. Most TVs that are over 30+ inches don't have good response times (0ms - 5ms) and anything else you'll notice a slight delay in movement if you're prone to playing competitive multiplayer games.

5. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

Well I made the jump. I got a medium to low end (good price hard to refuse) 27 inch ASUS 144 Hz, 1 msec response monitor VP278H-P TN LED monitor. I must say that it does little for the color and improvement in the picture quality is marginal and not worth the change from my 3-4 year old 50 inch Samsung TV (OMG only a 24 Hz refresh rate!!!). HOWEVER, there is no question that the lag is hugely improved and things just seem to move faster in general. All of those one on one battes where I would shoot four times head on..first...and then get killed with one shot: they do not happen any more. I am over the top pleased. I have not lost a one-on one in one night of playing...even when I probably should have. It is a hard pill to swallow. The comfort level is about 50% compared to the big screen. I do not find that I loose anything playing big. Some say that you cannot follow all the action as easily. Not true. I have to wear computer glasses ie for being so close and I am repositioning frequently to keep things in the visual sweet spot. In the end though, I do not think I will be going back. So @ThirdGuyver if you are listening out there, your advice saved me lots of bucks. There is no sense spending money on overkill for the current Xbox which is actually pretty anemic now in its output compared to what the monitors can handle. My advice after one night is to spend some money but save your pennies for the ultimate monitor when the box evolves.

6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Super glad its made a difference, the tn screens aren't renowned for colour as you say but are fantastic when it comes to input lag.

Ace news:)

7. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

The lack of color is driving me crazy. It is like playing in a haze. My honey moon period is over. I am thinking about checking out an IPS monitor. Hmmmmm. What a hassle to return the one I have. Not sure. Hmmm?????

8. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Man sorry to hear that! Does any amount of tinkering help with the the colour, and are the viewing angles tight?

Hope you find a happy resolution with minimal fuss!

9. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

How much did you pay for the Asus?

10. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

I paid about $200 US dollars. A pretty safe price for dabbling into the unknown. I call the price for R&D. Last night I finally found the sweet spot in color control that I am pleased with. So I feel much much better. There is no RBG color control in game mode so I had to tinker with color warmth, pixel avidity or something like that, whatever that is, contrast and brightness in a counter intuitive way, on and on. I really miss the big screen but once I am immersed In it, I am just as lost in the action and forget about the size. I now am still getting killed more often than I like but that speaks to my playing style of über stupid risk taking and underestimating the opponent. HOWEVER: Whoop whoop. The enhanced response time is showing up in my Titan action as well. In a regular full slate of attrition with no burn cards and with good players on the other team I hit 90 attrition points, 7 pilot kills and maybe 15 minions (all this to show I was not just focusing on titans) BUT finally I hit DOUBLE DIGIT TITAN KILLS at 10 with no nuking of four at once kind of thing. All straight head on battles eg taking out all three enemies in a three on one battle. Legit hand to hand Titam squirmishes. I do not see double digit Titan kills often and may be never have. I am sure that they are out there somewhere but it has always been one of my personal goals. So, the debate still goes on. Size and Comfort vs The Edge. I will now work on comfort and getting the vision issue optimized.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Whoop, whoop!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

Rainman where do you get such cool Avitars? Do you create them yourself? Love them.

13. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

He always seems to get a new one. It's like playing the Variety Pack playlist with his avatar.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

One of the grandkids picked this one.. Mine usually change like the weather.

15. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I'll shut up about this subject now, but I've just gotta say, I can't play TF on my Philips TV now. After using my nippers 24" TV with PC mode, it is so noticeable now (you were defo right Ikon) to the extent that it's actually annoying!

So definitely a good monitor on the cards. There, that's it.

Oh btw, how's it going with your monitor @A4eaTransformer?

16. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

i have not yet gotten over the small screen (55 inches is luxurious!!!). But there is no going back since I got the color issue settled. I am so happy with the lack of lag. It makes a big difference is n so many ways. Surprisingly so in Titan battles and I am not sure why. My long range 40 mm Cannon action is definitely improved (against small targets eg pilots). I feel like a sniper. It is not hard to understand that one given the slow velocity and long travel time.

17. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

PS: on holiday for two weeks. Severe TF withdrawal to follow. But the vertigo , speed and disorientation when you start playing again is almost worth the wait. See ya in March!

18. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Good to hear it's working out, and enjoy your hols!

• Like Like x 1