Understand no Beta but....?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Destruction1972, Sep 3, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Destruction1972

Destruction1972 Generation 1

I understand why there is no Beta or tech test w/e you want to call it. However at the same time I think from a business point it is a VERY risky gamble. Alot of people like to test their games to see how it runs on their pcor if they like the game play. Now those people are expected to rely on the opinions of others who are playing it on a different rig or by some video a dev has posted. I can only speak for me when I say I have this game preordered just as I preordered the last one BUT I believe this time I am going to hold off for about a month because I do not feel comfortable on a guess as I am sure others feel the same. I am sure there will be those who reply to my post with some BS about how wrong I am, I tend to see those as the ASS KISSING crowd. But the REAL players will tend to agree. I would love for Respawn to give us a weekend to test drive this game.

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think pre-ordering anything this generation is a risk, regardless of whether you've played a beta test or not. Then when a game releases, there's making sure the reviewer is not in the pocket of the dev/publisher/Sony/MS.

Bit of a double edged sword really. I just go on gut instinct and pre-order what I think I'll like. If I'm wrong I don't complain - my bad.

One thing I don't do now are season passes. This is where the devs can REALLY shove their thumb up their ass. If a game becomes unplayable due to me not having the content, I'll move on to another game. I think Titanfall 2 and Halo 5 has this nailed perfectly with their free content, but the lovers of the game can pay to get new skins and stuff. Not pay to win, but pay if you want. Love it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It sucks that they weren't able to make the tech test happen on PC but I completely understand their restraint. To my knowledge though, won't they publish minimum specs you need to run this game on PC or are you talking server-wise?