unfinished at release?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Tony Banana, Apr 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tony Banana

Tony Banana Generation 3

Before I go into my argument I would like to state that I am a gen 10 pilot with about 3 and a half days played.

The reason I feel that the game was released unfinished is for a few reasons.

Know that I am not hating on the game, just pointing out the obvious flaws and kinks.

1) lack of many qol features. Things like renaming your class and different color schemes for your clan and randies on your team. Relief very small things but many smaller games have them at release.

2) very small pool of game modes. This one is self explanatory, take it or leave it. I think there should be more than 5 modes to play.

3) large amount of graphical and audio glitches.
    I know that no game has released perfectly, but, there are a ton of glitches things about this game. If a gun shoots a round there should be a sound that seems pretty clear to me. But it's not just audio, I know that I have gotten into my titan through the ground on fracture. I was standing in the hall between lower b and the kitchen and I pressed E to enter my titan and I was teleported inside.

4) EA.
    Need I say anymore?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. MassivePayload

MassivePayload Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

yes. you do need to say more.
    1) I've never looked at my custom classes and thought "Gee i really should rename these to differentiate between them." I know whats in the classes and what situations they're best for without having to name them.

2) Game modes - this is an opinion.

3) I've never encountered any of these and it's probably an extremely small chance for them to occur.

4) Even though most of us agree bashing on EA is fun its not a reason to hate a game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. WizardKnows

WizardKnows Generation 2

The audio glitches are annoying. When you think you're out of bullets and reload before killing an opponent.
    There needs to be more to this game. They claim it to be the "Next big thing" but there's so little to do in it. If I didn't have friends to play it with it would already be on the shelf and I would have to find a new game to play until destiny comes out. Not trying to bash the game or anything because I do like it but I see this game dying within this year.

4. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

1) I agree. They are stupid little features but I like them.

2) Yeah but what other game modes should they have? They have given mixed responses about pilot only game modes, even though those sound awesome.

3) Never had an issue to date. Xbox One.

4) You do, actually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. A.C

A.C Generation 4

Yes, I'd agree that the game could have been polished before releasing, but would suggest that it is generally the finished article with no overly glaring omissions.

I do think the sound glitches are inexcusable - during the process of connecting.... connecting.... reconnecting... whislt looking for a campaign mission to play, I often have the main menu music overlapped by and out of sync with the actual mission music (IMC's/Militia's) and the mission briefing background voices.

It's like a DJ that can't mix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I could add one: lack of cinematics, story, lore... you know, things that make other franchises last over the years. We don't really know why there's a war, it's just there and I guess there's money involved?

This belongs in its own thread...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

I take it these audio drops are PC or 360? As I've never encountered a single drop on x1?

8. A.C

A.C Generation 4

I'm on the XBONE man.

9. Tony Banana

Tony Banana Generation 3

Like I said These are my opinions. I play on PC and I say EA because of game releases like bf4, and Sim City. It seems to happen with every EA release.

10. WizardKnows

WizardKnows Generation 2

If they had put in a real campaign this game would be even more badass. Objectives, boss fights, and a real story to follow.
    As of more game types, king of the hill or a game similar to demolition from cod. Ctf seems a little broken. Being able to get in a titan with the flag should be taken out. You should have to either ride a titan or run it. It's like driving a warthog while carrying the flag in halo.

11. MassivePayload

MassivePayload Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

I have to agree with that but i think they might expand on the storyline and lore when they release Free the Frontier

12. WizardKnows

WizardKnows Generation 2

I hope they don't add to the campaign they already have because it is so hard to follow. It's like playing an intense game of domination and listening to a movie in the background.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

2) Battlefield Bad Company 2 had only a handful of gamemodes, and was one of the best multiplayer shooters of its time.

3) Welcome to PC gaming.

4) Seriously?

14. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

EA has had a bad track record as of late, but going back to even before the game was released, Respawn made it explicitly clear that EA only had one role in the creation of the game: They were there to market it and put it on shelves.

Everyone is wary of EA and what they plan to do with the Titanfall franchise after this title. In my opinion they did what they were supposed to do, and that was to leave Respawn alone when making this game. Not trying to start a heated battle, but I don't think just saying "EA" is a good enough reason/complaint to throw out there.

As far as the other things you expressed in the original post, I agree with them. Games modes? Yeah, sure we could have a couple more. Sound issues? Yeah, I've heard about it and I'm sure Respawn is looking into fixing it. There are some things that need to be tweaked, but if this is an unfinished game, it is one of the most polished unfinished games I've seen in a year or so.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

You know what would fix everything, at least for the PC version?

Modding support.

16. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

For the original poster, (and really anyone that is a fan of the game) I would highly recommend reading The Final Hours of Titanfall. I posted a thread about this a couple weeks ago. You'll learn why the game seems somewhat barebones and you'll likely have a much greater appreciation for what we have today.

I've felt from the launch that it was important for Respawn to get a solid, fun game launched in a reasonable time, which would ultimately lay the foundation for a franchise that could be built upon. The Final Hours story pretty much confirms this. Titanfall was created from literally nothing in a very short time. It was already delayed and was originally slated to ship March 2013, then a launch game for Xbox One, then ultimately delayed until the March 2014 date. Again, all things that you will read about in the story.

And regarding game modes, I think it shipped with a decent amount and Respawn has announced more coming, like a 2v2 LTS and the announcement that they'll be doing limited time variations of existing modes, like Attrition that only pilots and Titans would count (not grunts).

And I'm on Xbox One and feel the game plays pretty awesome. I've had no graphical issues and definitely no sound issues.

17. Grim

Grim Max Rank Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Pretty much this^. Summarized my thoughts about this thread on the dot.

18. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

This i can get behind, Titanfall has the capacity for a rich and interesting storyline and lore, I can see why they didn't add cinematics (apart from the intro which vaquely explains whats going on but could have been better with an added voice over) so the player gets into the game and plays it rather then watching a CGI movie which i personally enjoy and would have enhanced my campaign experience to show exactly how i helped.

Im hoping maybe they'll add more campaign missions on the existing maps we have now but playing from a different perspective for example half of the campaign missions the heroes are off doing something while we are there to distract and diminish the opposing team, It would be great if i was part of Sarah's spec ops team infiltrating the Sierra Base defending her while she hacks the towers. Things like that if they were added would enrich my gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jackedy

Jackedy Generation 2

I wouldn't personally say the game was "unfinished" as I think in the modern world of free post launch additions and DLC is a game ever really finished till the developer stops supporting it? However I do agree it shipped with the bare minimum it could to get buy. I'm also absolutely sure this is due to the problems experienced by respawn as a company and the relatively small team. I have full faith this game will become more full fleshed over the coming months.

Don't let me down Respawn!

20. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

Heres an alternate theory that just jumped into my head,... Maybe it was meant to be in a state of evolution from the very beginning?

Maybe its buggy, maybe its rough, but ambitious projects are usually like that.

What if they planned all along to be ever adjusting, adding, and molding the game into what YOU wanted it to be?

Some of the signs are already there. Within a MONTH of release, a patch was implemented to not only fix bugs, but to answer an aching problem players were having with our beloved Gooser (You're my EYES, Goose!), OP weapons, and other bugs.

Treyarch didnt do that. Infinity Ward didnt do that...

Respawn did.

Just a theory of mine, but i thinkk the growing pains just mean the final product will be even more mature, have a deeper voice, and some GD hair on its chest.

/rant