Update from Jay

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Ik0n88x, Feb 10, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

The Live Fire update will be delivered in February, I think going to May is a bit of an exaggeration and I get it. However, they can't announce anything before they submit the update for certification. The update has to get processed and approved by Sony and Microsoft before they can say anything. If they say before that to 'appease' impatient people and something happens with certification, now they'll look like they aren't delivering what they said. We'll have an announcement next week with details and a release date, it's still the beginning of February... and who knows just because they're announcing a release date doesn't mean it's gonna be months away.

This is the mentality that I can't really understand. Respawn delivered a game that gave you 200 HOURS of enjoyment but you're getting annoyed that they haven't released more content in early February when the content was announced for February and we're getting an update next week.

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

this next week?
    how do you know?

3. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Most likely next Friday because that's usually when they post FNN updates. It literally says it in the first post of this thread, you can see Jay's post on the official forums.

4. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I'm getting annoyed because I don't want bs . Either they are gonna fully support the game or not. I don't want to see a brilliant game and franchise fail , if the numbers are dropping rapidly this is the time to save this game . I played the game for 200 hours but remember I never played the first titanfall. So this whole experience is new to me with this game , so what may be acceptable and enjoyable for me may not be to people who played Tf1. My sudden disappointment that I expressed is not necessarily from my own feelings from my experience playing the game but a disappointment with the overall drop off this game is having and people having multitudes of complaints for lack of content.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

yep agreed , well said. it is very annoying disappointing , there so called road map was used to announce that they have a plan but could not say what it is by now , it's the second week in FEB and the second month on the new year in 2017 and yet info is still lacking and content is still lacking . lack of urgency some are saying and i can relate .

6. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

They are definitely going to fully support the game, I think they've made that abundantly clear so far (at least to me). As someone who played TF1 a LOT and this game is definitely acceptable and enjoyable for me. The drop off of players does not honestly surprise me. It's a whirlwind of things that weren't factors for the first Titanfall 1 and why Titanfall 1 maintained playerbase for a tad longer.

Titanfall 2 released between two of the biggest powerhouse MP games on the market, the newest CoD and Battlefield that went back to the World War era when people had been dying for that. Titanfall 1 was the newest IP from the ex-Infinity Ward members so a lot of the hype that was given to the game that drove sales were CoD fans. Titanfall 1 released with absolutely NO other MP games to complete with and the player drop off was around the same time because the newest CoD had just come out 8 months after that first Titanfall dropped and that's when player counts decreased drastically.

I'm not sure I understand the complaint of lack of content. Sure, I think it was a mistake to release with only 9 maps when Titanfall 1 released with 15. You have to remember that Titanfall 1 didn't have a fully fleshed out campaign like Titanfall 2 had, those kind of things take time (especially a campaign that is so critically acclaimed). To this point, I think EA rushed Respawn to get out Titanfall 2 during the holiday season to try and take numbers away from CoD and that ultimately ended up backfiring on Titanfall 2 because it doesn't have the established player base like those two games.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You don't have to explain youself Omega. You have been very positive and if you are getting annoyed you have every right to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm sorry, but talk is cheap. They haven't made anything abundantly clear to me (and obviously not to some others). They need to show us. Don't tell us. Once we have at least 15 to 18 maps with a promise of 6 to 9 more coming then we will know they are going to fully support the game. As it stands now though, map 11 won't even be here until March, if then.

All future releases need to focus exclusively on maps for the core modes (Attrition, Bounty Hunt, Amped Hardpoint, etc.). Future releases should not have even one minute wasted on cosmetics they can sell in the store or more maps for Live Fire mode or Coliseum. To get future releases that focus on those things and only give you 1 core map would be completely unacceptable. People are crying for more maps for the core modes so they don't get bored. They really need to listen.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I agree they have been derelict in delivering worthwhile content. I don't think there is a hope in hell that we will see the number of maps you suggest, they do not appear to have the resources required. Let's hope they deliver a quality product at least.

EN I love the game and think it has great potential so as along as we are realistic in our demand all will come, it will just take longer. I am not giving up hope! Not yet at least...

10. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This isn't Titanfall 1. They don't need to have the same exact number of maps to be 'fully supporting' the game. Honestly it's all objective. You feel one way, I feel different with probably not much going to change. So I'll play the game like I have been since it's been out having a TON of fun.

So I'm honestly done with repetitiveness back and forth nonsense about the same talking points. So from here on out I'll only be posting my videos on here as well as any updates that come out.

• Like Like x 5
  11. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Good point and I support your decision as it gets a bit tired, same old, same old. As I have stated in the past it is not TF1 nor was it intended to be...

• Like Like x 3
  12. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

I agree

• Like Like x 1
  13. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

Well said lk0n88x.

It would be great to get more maps to compare to TF1, but i do think people forget they added a campaign as well, I know that content doesn't stay fresh or last as long as PVP though, but still it is there.

14. hotmetal128

hotmetal128 Generation 2

Waiting for content and the lack of communication is quite common in the gaming world, it's not exactly a new thing I remember oh so well the same conversations happening back in the 90's on forums with nearly every fps out, its a common thing that will probably never change and in a world where we want every thing on our terms and now it will probably be the downfall of many games, hopefully not this one as it has the potential to be one of the greats

• Like Like x 1
  15. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

...especially if they use TF1 as the base for TF3, because in my opinion that was already the best video game of all time.

16. hotmetal128

hotmetal128 Generation 2

Lol I'm kinda getting that titanfall 1 love vibe

• Like Like x 1
  17. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hallelujah brother and Amen!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

the update should be out this friday, right!?

19. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Probably not. The FNN will most likely be out this Friday where we'll get some details.

20. HalfCutDreamer

HalfCutDreamer Generation 3

The fact they're taking so long says to me that they're having issues with it

• Like Like x 3