Update from Jay

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Ik0n88x, Feb 10, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MDVillarreal

MDVillarreal Generation 3

It may be fully possible that EA has tightened their wallet and Respawn is attempting to make the most of what they have. It is significantly concerning that nearly 4 months later there hasn't been much news about future support.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

i can almost foresee it, the dlc after Live Fire will be the last one...
    i hope im wrong

• Like Like x 1
  3. MDVillarreal

MDVillarreal Generation 3

I don't think it that drastic, but I don't think this game will see a lot of support. I've no doubt Respawn has a laundry list of things they want to add, but money will be the limiting factor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Even if this happens to be true, this is not a valid excuse. As a developer, you have to take pride in your work. You have to satisfy and support your customers. They paid hard earned money for your product and they deserve to get what they paid for. In my opinion, they were allowed to get away with a completely inadequate release with the expectation that the holes would be filled in by "Free DLC" very quickly. This supposed "Free DLC" is not actually "Free", because the promise of it allowed them to put out a release that did not contain things that should have been in it at release. We are almost 4 months into this game and sitting at 10 maps and with only the 11th expected in perhaps a month. Until we have at least 15 maps, we have not received even one "Free" thing, but to the contrary, we are actually getting things we were owed at release, but getting them extremely late.

My overall point is, they don't get to blame any of this on EA. As a developer, you have to take pride in your work and you have to give your customers what they paid for and what they deserve. They are not doing that and even some who loved the game are getting bored and leaving, which hurts those who are still staying, because now it makes it even harder for them to get games in certain lobbies.