Update: Map Hack, Legion and Tone nerfed, and ...

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Nov 5, 2016.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, that is really awesome! Thank you for sharing this.

2. WorkInProgress

WorkInProgress Generation 2

Trust me, I have more.

Example;

Legion's Power Shot has two different effects when used in either Short Range mode or Long Range mode.

Short Range PS makes the charged shot act like a shotgun. Good for clearing out a wide area of grunts if the 40+-tonne chassis isn't doing it for you.

Long Range PS gives your minigun the single-shot power of a Railgun that's good for hitting the squishy bits on enemy Titans.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Thank you. That's very useful

4. WorkInProgress

I pride myself on being a mentor to newer Pilots, and helping older Pilots where needed. If you need anything else, you can find me around.

• Like Like x 2
  5. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Exactly ...Respawn claims that a lot of attention went into trying to promote team play....

I've said it before and I'll say it again......the HUD is useless.

Nerfing Legion was a mistake.

That damn thing is so slow it should have lots of power.

Having zero turbo boost as a normal load out is dumb......the only way to get one is to choose it instead of the others like smoke.

I have to run with an extra smoke because it has no defense of getting anything off your back other than smoke or getting out to shoot them off your back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

have not played with Legion much , to slow for me but combined with tone or ION they seem ok and work well together, so far TONE is the titan for me as the weapons and wall combined with missiles works for my style .

i don't know if they nerfed Legion they claimed to have tweaked tone and legon but no real details on what they did they could have done anything and legion power could be the same for all we know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think I could live with the new titans if we could just change the loadouts, including the core. If you want to have Ronin with a Laser Core, you can. If you want to have have Nightstar with a Flame Core, you can. And it would be good if you could choose from these 6 cores, but also Dash Core and Shield Core. Just more customized loadouts on titans please. And speed them all up at least 3X.

8. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i know that would be cool ,but there begs the question how much of an impact it will have on balance and gameplay.

the titans loadout towards weapon should have been better as a player should be able to pick a ort whatever weapon they want , now some will say ohh the ion weapon is design for his core , me so what at lease have the ion main weapon and have different weapons to chose from also , it will be like if you use the ion main gun you will have this amount of features but if you use a chain gun your features will be limited . if the pilots can have locked in core abilities and able to chose different weapons why not titans the guns are not bolted into their arms lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't know. I'm not so concerned about balance. More freedom first, then they can tweak as necessary the same way they just modified Tone and Legion. The balance can work itself out later, but we should be given full customization of chassis, weapon, ordinance, tactical ability and core. These preset titans could be the default, but mainly only to select the chassis, but then all other options should be customizable.

10. WorkInProgress

... Actually, there's a thought.

What if you didn't have a weapon that was hooked up to Ion's power grid? Something like a normal XO-16 or a stock 40-mil? You might swap your Core out for something else, but the good news is that you'd have nothing to worry about considering power. You'd have enough energy to work your Tripmines, Laser, and Shield like you're playing Five Nights on low power. It wouldn't be optimal, but it'd be a good way to balance out Ion's lack of Primary power (That split shot drains way too fast...) with her main draws, those being the crit-heavy Laser Shot and her Vortex shield.

... Or maybe that's OP. But I'm sure I could figure out other matches for other Titans.

• Like Like x 1