Video Video Montage I made... Click Click Boom! :)

Discussion in 'Titanfall Creations' started by Devour521, Apr 24, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Devour521

Devour521 Generation 2

Came out alot better than i expected for my first montage. Got a little lazy at the end though lol.

2. RandomDonutBoy

RandomDonutBoy Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

Can't see it. Says it's private. Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

3. Devour521

Devour521 Generation 2

Oh, wrong link. I can't edit the OP but here it is:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. DangReed

DangReed Generation 2

There are some impressive kills in there, but also a lot of average/typical kills. Here's my first montage if you wanna take a look...

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. RandomDonutBoy

RandomDonutBoy Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

I think they're both good.

6. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

Devour's montage showcased some nice gameplay of Titanfall, whilst quite standard, I thought it was put together nicely with the appropriate music to the fact of a fair few satchel charge kills; 'click click boom'.

I'd disagree with DangReed to say they were average/typical kills as that's unfair, especially to then post up a montage displaying something that shows a lot of assassination kills. Quite a few luck/freak kills and what had my eyes rolling & stopping the video early is the pretentious audacity to practically teabag almost everyone that was killed.

It's embarrassing; people still do that? Especially when it wasn't anything special to get the kill. No offence, just my opinion if you're going to hijack a thread to pretty much brag about your own skills and claim that someone else's montage was average... that's just not cool.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DangReed

DangReed Generation 2

I was just giving honest feedback. It honestly looks like he just randomly picked kills and put them on a montage. Lucky kills/unique kills like my montage is what makes it.... Unique. His montage was put together nicely, it was just kinda boring. Again, just honest feedback. He's got skills but I think if he waits, put in more higher quality or luck kills it would be a lot better.

And I'm a long time Halo player. I throw a teabag in there every now and then, gets in the opponents head. :)

8. Devour521

Devour521 Generation 2

Thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate the feedback.

Reed you are actually dead on, these are just clips from the last 2 days (I have only been playing for 4 days). Some i'm proud of but alot was just used as filler to make the video work with the music (and i always forget to hit record when i have my best games :/). This was my first video montage (test), if i knew that it would come out half way decent I would have waited for better clips, lol.

Having said that Reed i'm failing to see what's unique about your clips, you have amazing field vision thats for sure but sneaking up behind bad players and cracking their necks isn't really mind blowing.

What kind of kills do you guys find most exciting to watch? I'm curious because I had some amazing titan kills but while watching the playback i was bored to death, it's like watching a game of chess... Unless of course the other player is really bad, but a montage of destroying bad players isn't exactly in good taste.

Anyway, my next one will contain better kills :) Thanks for the constructive criticism.

9. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

Fair enough and obviously appreciate & respect everyone's opinions =)

Cool, I too am a life long Halo player. It's what drew me to Xbox way back on the first installment. I know where you're coming from with attempting to aggravate & humiliate the enemy as such, but on Titanfall it's so quick the player would never see it happen. I know it's happened to me but I've never, ever witnessed it with my own eyes due to the kill cam taking over and me hitting the spawn button.

Then you get individuals who don't get phased by it at all due to the competitive nature and the only thing going through their heads is winning the game instead of worrying about whether an in game character bobbed up and down on their character or not.

Hope that otherwise sheds some light =S

Anyway, things I normally love to see in montages to see how others play is jaw dropping, breath taking shots that are near miss situations. A friend of mine for example; posted a video on his upload earlier that had me thinking "hmm not bad" and nodding my head as such in recognition of his triumphant performance.

What he did was survive a near death Titan brawl which left him with a slither of health, recovered shield, destroyed another low health Titan (but more than his own), spotted a full health Titan about to engage him, activated his damage core (which brought up his shield back to full), absolutely annihilated the full health Titan in a matter of seconds with his MTS and XOC, enemy pilot rodeo'd his titan so manually ejected, mid air killed pilot and thee end.

Wish I could get a recording of it as it was pretty impressive stuff.

Best of luck to you both =)

10. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

11. DangReed

DangReed Generation 2

I'm not saying my montage is the best thing ever, it's just essentially my best kills of the first month, I plan on releasing one each month, and I've got some good stuff for it already. I've released a one clip preview here

I think the best montages have a combination of all different types of kills, both with Titans and Pilots.

Do you play on PC or XB1? I'm wondering what's the best way to add music with the Xbox? I've decided Vicarious by Tool will be in the next one if I can find a good way to do it.

12. xHOUNDISHx

xHOUNDISHx Generation 2

Both pretty interesting, I'm sure you'll both develop what your doing as you go along!

13. NoID_tripLe

NoID_tripLe Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

Yup. We'll said.

14. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

ME TOO ME TOO

• Like Like x 2
  15. NoID_tripLe

NoID_tripLe Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

@ZanderStar1 Badass clips! You play competitively?

16. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

There we go. Don't care what people say about quick scoping, it's so rare in TF that was a joy to watch.

17. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

thanks

18. KayCypher

KayCypher Generation 1

Because it's all about deciding who's got the bigger one (talking about rifle ofc ;) ) Here's a piece of my own action, you like quickscopes ? You like good aim ? Satchel and stuff ? Check this out ! :

19. Iron Man

Iron Man Generation 4

Thanks for sharing! =)

Do you play TF on Xbox One by any chance?

20. ZanderStar1

ZanderStar1 Generation 2

yessir Zander Star