What are some of your favorite games in 2013?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 12, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Looking back on 2013, I've played a TON of games. What are some of your favorite games that you've played so far this year?

For me, I'd say that The Last of Us, GTA V (GTA Online was so much fun), Guacamelee, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, & NHL 14 were great for me.

2. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

Well all the Halo games if they didn't come out in 2013, the only game in 2013 I can think of is Battlefield 4, I didn't get many games this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

There were several games I enjoyed this year, but the three that really stood out for me were;
    The Last Of Us
    Bioshock Infinite
    Tomb Raider

One game that I felt was vastly underrated and judged too harshly was the DmC reboot, I really enjoyed it. A few others I feel deserve a mention are; Metro Last Light, Beyond Two Souls, God Of War Ascension ( although I think it's the weakest game in the series), Killzone Mercenary, Killzone Shadow Fall and I actually don't think COD Ghosts is that bad.

4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I have a pipe dream that Metro: Last Light will come to the PS4 & Xbox One. There were quite a few rumors about it, so I'm hoping to see that confirmed at some point.

If not, I'm hoping to pick it up on PC once I build one in early 2014.

5. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I hope Metro Last Light does in fact appear on the newest gen of consoles. I'd hope they would do it sooner rather than later as there's not a lot of titles out there for either the PS4 and X1 at the moment, and people who skipped it last gen might be willing to take a chance on it now.

I played it on PC, the graphics were amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Let's see...............I have (tried)................Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light, COD:Ghosts, Red Sabre,Interstellar Marines(free try-out),
    BF4 beta, ......to name a few.
    Have really played COD:Ghosts a lot, but it has been in the SQUADS arena.........some done very well, some disappointing.
    Not a clear favorite.
    BUT.........;)......IF you would ask this question again..........around March, 11,2104.......I might have a better answer!

7. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

COD Ghost exceeded my expectations, but I had really low expectations. It didn't keep me interested though, I didn't finish the campaign and I don't think I even got level 15 in multiplayer.

8. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

same here............ its a good game..............but it has not held me that long either.

shame too...........had a lot of potential.

9. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

At times, I've forgotten about Call of Duty: Ghosts. Maybe that'll change once new DLC comes out? Not sure though.

10. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

The Last of Us, GTA V, Tomb Raider

11. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I'm seriously considering buying Tomb Raider for the PS4. I played it on the 360 and received a free PC copy with the purchase of a video card. Even still, it would be a nice time killer before Titanfall and infamous Second Son.

12. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

I'm thinking Forza 5 might I've been my favorite, so much fun. I liked Ryse better, but it isn't as addicting.

13. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Definitely The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Metro: Last Light, and Battlefield 4. Some awesome games in 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

@Chaz Battlefield 4 is a pretty fun game, though I found the single player ending(s) to be a bit anti-climatic. Great multiplayer though!

15. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Ha, I'm still waiting to see the ending of BF4's campaign! It still refuses to save my progress, and I always have to start from the beginning. I do enjoy the MP though.

16. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

That stinks, I'd be furious.

17. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I see an update went live this week, I'm still reluctant to try it though.

18. Lateralus082

Lateralus082 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within, along with Dead Space 3.

19. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I think the update that just recently went live is supposed to fix/reduce the chance of corrupted save issues.

I never played through Dead Space 3 (loved the first two), but I loved XCOM last year. Such great gameplay & experiences!

20. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

i like Dead Space 3 but way too action packed loved 1 & 2