What are some of your favorite games in 2013?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 12, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. richyg84

richyg84 Generation 3

NHL 14, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, and Need For Speed: Rivals

• Like Like x 1
  2. angryfacing

angryfacing Generation 2

My top game of 2013 was the new Rocksmith. Very innovative franchise and tons of fun playing with a real guitar.

3. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I was always curious of Rocksmith due to its innovation, but never had the chance to play it. Did it feel more like a game or actual guitar lessons?

4. angryfacing

angryfacing Generation 2

Rocksmith finds that sweet spot between being a game and a guitar lessons. The game progresses you through a song at your own pace, automatically. You can do score attack modes where you go for the highest score you can, but it also suggest methods, chords, and sections of songs for you to learn and repeat to actually understand how you should play.

The best part is, if you want to play it 100% like a game, you can pretty much do that, and the same goes for guitar lessons. It's loaded with all the traditional methods of learning chords, scales, etc. but disguises them as mini games. There's also a straight up lessons page if you don't like the mini-games.

Finally, the jam session mode is the best part. You pick a key you want to play in, a scale, and some virtual band mates and Rocksmith tells you what notes you should hit and when you start jamming the virtual band plays along with you! I LOOOOVE this.

I just like that Rocksmith 2014 has a ton to offer for everyone. Beginners, experts or anywhere in-between. If you're looking for it though, keep an eye on Amazon since occasionally the bundle with the game and guitar goes on sale. If I didn't already have three guitars, I'd definitely pick that up again. :p

5. Neurotic Kasper

Neurotic Kasper Generation 2

I didn't really keep track of the games that came out last year. My favorite games that I played that year are Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Dark Souls, Halo 4, Battlefield 4, SkyLanders Giants and CoD Ghosts. And that was the year I started to play WoW which was nice for a while.

6. St4rgalaqtic

St4rgalaqtic Generation 2

XCOM, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, Papers Please, Rouge legacy, Batman AO, PayDay 2, Monaco, The Swapper, and Gunpoint. I know theres more but that's off the top of my head.

7. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Late to the party, but The Last of Us was the standout for me. Then Fire Emblem: Awakening which I'm still playing today.

I'll have to admit to not going through Bioshock Infinite (yet) even though I have it. Not a lot of other releases that come to mind anymore to be honest. Possibly PAYDAY 2, but that's only because it's on a pretty small list.

I'd like to add Battlefield 4, but honestly, too many issues...

8. Gipsy-Dangur

Gipsy-Dangur Generation 2

Well, I don't know when Mass Effect 3 came out, but I gotta say it's my favorite game of 2013. I also love Borderlands 2. Hoping for a Borderlands 3 soon. Also a big fan of Battlefield 4.

9. Junaid

Junaid Generation 1

BioShock Infinite was fantastic. Such a wonderful unique atmosphere in that game, and such well-crafted characters. The twist ending also blows your mind to pieces, and the sheer attention to detail that the developers put in the storyline prior to the ending was amazing.

10. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Metro Last Light was my favorite of the year.

Tomb raider was fun(all though 2014 for me since Xbox one version). I didn't really get off my Gow hook until a few months ago so I didn't play too much that I can think of.

I choose Smash Bros Melee for the best game of 2013. 12 years in a row.

@Gipsy-Dangur They confirmed that Borderlands 3 is not being worked on(by Gearbox at least). So we are going to have to continue waiting. I really want this series continued. At least we should be getting TaleTells or w/e it is for a nice Borderlands fix.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

This comment wins for SSBM.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Hell yeah son. MLG and possible Evo again. We livin'.