What are the devs waiting for to release more DLC's?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 20, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i agree with you , and one of the things IMO that is a reason for the state of the game was that when the first game launch it was limited to PC and Xbox and many PS4 and even PS3 gamers did not get the chance to experience Titanfall 1 and the core concepts that game had , and i must say it was refreshing experience , and i was very excited for the second like many . the second game is great for what it is and there is not game on the market like it and even better more gamers are getting to play a FPS with giant MECHS mixed in the battle this is great but compared to the first too many things were changed and not all makes for a better experience . i personally got the Xbox 1 to experience Titanfall 1 and never regretted it , if you can get to play the first that would be great as you will understand in a way why many gamers were irate to the changes.

2. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Ensc you bring up valid points about the matchmaking system however I do think a lot of the issues are because of a smaller pool of players online. This past week it seems more people might have bought this game and more players online now and I feel like the games and lobbies have been much better. I don't think I have ever played the same map twice in a row although if I did it has been extremely rare. This game has fewer maps than Tf1 but it also has a campaign mode which the first game did not. There's just nothing else like this game on the market that I have played. It's just amazing. Of course activision makes sure to steal and copy every idea they can from respawn but in my opinion there's no question to which game is superior

3. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I believe you that Tf1 probably was the more impressive game of the 2 In terms of WOW factor. But exactly what did it do that is so much better than Tf2? Again I can't disagree with you because I have never played the first game. But I still feel strongly them maybe slowing the game down a tad to help the precision with the guns is overall a good thing . I also read the titans take a lot more damage in this game than the first. Tf1 I'm sure is outstanding but maybe the changes made were out of necessity to expand it to more players. Again I don't want titanfall to be just a NICHE game. I want it to be the blockbuster that it deserves to be. And clearly Tf2 has had problems at least for me it has been with the network lag and disconnecting issues BUT if you want to play a fast paced arcade shooter this game destroys all the other games out there. Call of duty looks like a little nephew who is 5yrs old compared to this game. The hit detection, aiming down the sights, gun play , advanced movements , time to kill , are all superior in this game to call of duty. There's no question Respawn is the more talented developing team out of all of them. And when you mix in the TITAN play I mean WOW it's just so fun and awesome.

4. Trini Chinese

oh yeh i agree with you and you just nailed it on the head with the traditional fps mechanics as the firs game did just that it gave many gamers a different fps experience and a lot of that was taken out and changed in the second , so yes while part 2 is still different to current fps games and that's a good thing part 1 had a core concept that makes that point even better , i wish you could experience part 1 for the subtle differences combined with what part 2 is trying to do man oh man what a game titanfall 2 could be .

which was in a way and why many fans and gamers of the first were surprised with the changes . and it's a reason i will support one's view good or bad and try to debate a concept rather than shoot it down not saying you are .
    i wish many more gamers could have experence the game like i did and like many others and am happy that for the first time playstation gamers can experience it , but still as good as how the second is any new gamer to the game still is not getting the full experience . the game is not at it's full potential it's not even at it's first game potential and this is sad .

as far as the precision part of a weapon am all in for that and weapons and guns also should be fun to use , skill does not always mean who can out shoot the other person but who can outthink their opponents on the battlefield . i myself don't always shoot straight depending on the scenario . but what part 1 did was give players the ability to outmaneuver and outthink their opponents combined with a massive AI warzone feel made it a EPIC experience.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 had many of these weapon concepts down and i miss that in games currently , the core concep they had in that game was play the way you want .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trini Chinese

and agree on gamers complaining a lot when the game is not doing well is never a good thing but also many on here and on other outlets have been saying and pointing out things from way before launch , some have even predicted the outcome some have stuck their heads in the ground . all the while also giving a positive view on false pretence will not do the game any justice .
    what we can do is support one another on their views and try our best to understand one another like we are now towards the current game and future instalments.

the campaign was great not the best but a 100% effort and i my self want to experience more for it and new player models and story.

6. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Well Tf1 must have been so extrodinary for it to be better gameplay wise than Tf2. Yes I want go play it to experience it for myself. I was/am a PlayStation player so I just never really looked at titanfall. But when I heard that Respawn was the original team behind call of duty that is when I gave my full attention to titanfall 2. And I just felt strongly that this game was gonna be amazing. I'm going to watch some videos of Tf1 on YouTube. I want to see how the game plays.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trini Chinese

Titanfall 1 had an epic war zone feel which i thought part 2 would have improved on with the AI but they watered it down somewhat and even gamers who did not like the AI can admit that part 2 feels empty compared to the first this is one of my personal disappointments from the first to the second .

movement was an epic change in the first as there were no fps at the time that provided that feel in a shooter wile it was not perfect it was great for many.

even doe both games have Titans part 1 have a core concept Titans for everyone meaning at any given time any player no matter how good or experience will be able to access a titan at will to change the tides of battle this changed when they tweaked with the timer which many from the alpha that experience it was pointing out why they did this , granted i you and many others can adapet to this but the feeling is lost when they did this.

loadouts with weapons for gamers to chose from , titanfall 1 had this as a pilot one can change what guns they want when they want depending on what they like to play with and this also goes for the Titans you could change what main weapon you wanted put what defensive or offensive weapon you wanted on your titans and even with the limited titan models they had a player could play how they wanted to play . all gamers wanted at the time was more options and content differen titan models to give the game a bit of change so we all don't look the same all the time.
    different weapons was wanted for pilots and titans they could have all done the same damage or like you put it time to kill but just give the gamer some options different look and sound and feel with in reason.

in part 1 when you called in your titan you felt like a badass on the battlefield but also as a pilot with the speed and mobility you stood a chance fighting these giants and that was one of the things they did well in part 1 now part 2 also has this but some of the subtle changes made a big difference .

part one had auto turrets that players could hack to use as defensive guns when as a pilot combined with AI on your team fighting the enemy and vice versa made for an epic experience which could have been improved on.

maps while not perfect in part 1 had a different feel it needed a lot of tweaks but still you did not get that restricted feel like how some of the maps in part 2 give.

in part 1 a simple thing like two factions IMC and the MERC looked different on both teams in all the classes .
    1000.jpg 8556f15d93ccf9572934d17a40d1d4f9.jpg d30e4b30a77f45ea29a18fa02f721b35.jpg

1000.jpg 8556f15d93ccf9572934d17a40d1d4f9.jpg d30e4b30a77f45ea29a18fa02f721b35.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trini Chinese

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trini Chinese

10. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm not gonna respond to everything in this post because we've been over and over most of the same topics (because it seems they're brought up in every single thread). @Omega82 most of these complaints are subjective. I also try to express valid concerns, even had a entire thread of what I think could improve. It just seems to me like you guys think everyone should think along the same lines of you and if something is in the game you don't like, it needs to be fixed whereas I'll just adapt and enjoy.

@Trini Chinese

What depth did they add to the game? First, there are now 34 weapons instead of 17.. all of which can Regenerate to unlock different camos (whether you like that or care, that's more depth). There are now 6 Titan types instead of 3 all of which can Regenerate to unlock different camos, warpaints, nosearts. There are now 7 tactical abilities instead of 3. There is a fully fleshed out campaign mode which is 10x better than the one done in Titanfall 1 (even if you guys think it acted as a better MP mode to pool players, this is irrelevant as Titanfall 2 could do this by simply lowering the amount of game modes) which is another thing they added for more depth, more game modes. There are also now 6 different factions that you can choose from all of which can Regenerate and give you different camos, banners and patches (which also weren't in Titanfall 1). This is why it's subjective, I like all those things, you guys don't. Not to mention you can still Regenerate your Pilot for different camos as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Whoa that was quite a breakdown my friend , you did a terrific job. Those videos and trailers were amazing. I also watched the gameplay video although I didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing yet. First thing which was apparent to me was it definitely has more of that war zone look and feel like you pointed out. So I agree that Tf1 had more of that wow factor to it . Now on to some of your other points . I can see what you are saying with the lack of customization options for the Titans , in fact lack of customization overall with TF2 I also feel needs to be addressed. It should give you more options. As far as why they changed the Titan model I mean I can see they approached it like a fighting game , like street fighter for instance. And each Titan has its own identity and its up to the player to maximize their potential. As far as how it affects the gameplay , I can see it go both ways. Like TF1 customization I guess allows for unpredictability in terms of the load outs . But Tf2 I guess gives the opponent a better chance at knowing what to expect given which Titan hes going up against .

You definitely have your points and I most likely agree with you. Tf1 probably is the more memorable game. But I still love the fun factor of Tf2 . The grappling hook for instance I think is a tremendous addition to the game and allows for even quicker movements and highlight real kills and melees. The better I get at the wall running and traversing the map the more fun I have with the game. And also the aiming I feel is perfect in this game . And although Tf1 clearly had tremendous advantages i think I would prefer the precision of Tf2 more.

I'm not sure yet how I feel with the time limit on the Titans in tf2 compared to like you said in tf1 you can get them faster. I mean I understand that this could cause balance issues with a better team but I dunno I kind of like the battle of the pilots first and then skill and achievement leading to you getting your Titan first. It's hard for me to give an opinion because I never played the first one

• Like Like x 2
  12. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I want to also point out that whether someone likes the first game more or the second there's one thing for certain Titanfall is a GREAT franchise. The fact that Tf2 has struggled sales wise and there may not even be a Titanfall 3 is extremely alarming . This just can't happen I'm sorry but respawn and Titanfall is to good for this to be its fate. So we need to get behind this game and help drive it and I'm sure with future updates we will all end up loving this game just the same

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trini Chinese

Exactly , you got it . all the things they added cosmetically is great but in a way while we still love the game and franchise we all as new and old fans have to keep the views flowing bad and good and i do hope titanfall 3 make it in the future . all of us before we had experence the alpha and the full game was extremely excited for the hook and other additions but not at the cost of how it turned out . we wanted i wanted more content game content and that should IMO have been there focus .

at least we got a campaign.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Trini Chinese

agreed and we are , right here as members to support new ideas and concepts , fan art etc etc etc .
    we are here on the site to read and to learn and to inspire but also to critic on things we like and don't .

let the company and EA corporate worry about the sales part we as gamers and consumers worry about the product we pay for and like i said before as an inspiring new company with so much potential it's sad to see the ball dropped especially in very capable hands .

15. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I'm not sure EA is dong a good enough job. I still don't even know what the sales figures are ? Is the game doing any better or is it sinking completely ? Word of mouth from people like me and you and the community I think is this game and franchises only hope. I mean this is a critically acclaimed game , it is ridiculous for it to be struggling the way it's been.

16. Trini Chinese

agreed , as for word of mouth i do my part in what way i can as do all members here and other venues , but you cannot ignore the negatives as it is to me IMO a first of it's kind a lot of fans while they love the game and payed for it are not even 75 % satisfied and am not even speaking about me and you know what the scary thing is there are legitimate points that are concerning to gamers and they are saying pretty much the same thing and some needs to be addressed sooner than later .

as fans and consumers we have done our part , by being here and ultimately the one thing we all payed for the game and a service , this is their second product there should be no reason like you said for the game to be like it is . but only time will tell .
    as for the sales part of it , there are no real figures and i myself don't want to get into that part to much and i don't really bring up the sales part , my main concern is content for now and the future as a gamer and a consumer much like you and anyone , more games the better i want to play them all .

cheers bro and keep the views coming , great chatting with you
    the names LEESHUE12 on PSN look me up .

• Like Like x 1
  17. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I have played about 100hours of Tf2 online already. And I'm not tired one bit of the game. I think it's truly a great game. ( minus the network/server issues). Maybe what helps me is I didn't play Tf1 and don't feel disappointed like some people who don't like the changes . I just know that this game is fun as hell and its competitor call of duty is definitely a way inferior product . I feel like I can play another 100 hrs of this game with no problem. And I do hope more people give this game a chance and more newcomers experience this awesome franchise. Good chatting with you too and I'll look you up on psn bro

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trini Chinese

• Like Like x 1
  19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Omega, first I have to say, I am glad you are here buddy. I love your enthusiasm. I'm glad you love the game and please keep sharing your thoughts. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  20. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#40 ensc, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    I agree. I noticed this too. It is a valid point. However, I don't think they should use having a larger user base temporarily as an excuse to not implement a better matchmaking system, because at some point the user base will drop off and those who want to continue playing the game at that point will appreciate a better matchmaking system.

• Like Like x 1