What are the devs waiting for to release more DLC's?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 20, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Trini is right Omega, I would so love for you to get to play the first one, so I could hear your opinions of the differences between the 2 games afterwards.

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

listen up everyone, get in amped hardpoint right f now, we need pilots there

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Holy cow Trini! I've never really been able to put my finger on what it was exactly, but I think you nailed it right there. I am not a good killer. I hate traditional FPS games. If TF1 had been a tradtional FPS game, I never would have played it. Instead, TF1 gave me a way to express myself. I felt free. And, I can say without any hesitation that TF1 is my absolute favorite video game of all time and it is not even close. No other video game has held my undivided attention for more than 2 months. TF1 did for 2 years and 7 months and I had a lot of games I paid full price for during that time that just got shelved after an hour or so, because I always wanted to go back to TF1 and that feeling and the responsiveness. Responsiveness is the most important thing to me in a game. I want it to do what I want when I want and TF1 is second only to RAGE in my opinion. Trini is absolutely right though, with me not being a good killer, TF1's responsiveness gave me the ability to outmaneuver and outthink my opponents.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

What depth did they add to the game? First, there are now 34 weapons instead of 17.. all of which can Regenerate to unlock different camos (whether you like that or care, that's more depth). There are now 6 Titan types instead of 3 all of which can Regenerate to unlock different camos, warpaints, nosearts. There are now 7 tactical abilities instead of 3. There is a fully fleshed out campaign mode which is 10x better than the one done in Titanfall 1 (even if you guys think it acted as a better MP mode to pool players, this is irrelevant as Titanfall 2 could do this by simply lowering the amount of game modes) which is another thing they added for more depth, more game modes. There are also now 6 different factions that you can choose from all of which can Regenerate and give you different camos, banners and patches (which also weren't in Titanfall 1). This is why it's subjective, I like all those things, you guys don't. Not to mention you can still Regenerate your Pilot for different camos as well.[/QUOTE]

Depth 34 weapons hmmm and how many of those are new , 1 new pistol , 1 new sniper rifle , 1 new shotgun , 1 new DMR or can we call it new or how you put it reskinned . 2 new light machine guns , 2 new SMG , 1 new anti titan weapon what's really new are grenade launchers and even then they removed an anti titan weapon and place it in the grenade launcher section.

6 new titans Hmmm 3 more that the first , but wait where is the original 3 .

wow stop the press people we have camos and warpaint now this is groundbreaking stuff it only took 2 long years to have different colors on my pilots . but wait pilots all look the same on both teams and wait what is the camo there again for my pilots glows red Hmmm but hey we can put camos on our guns now . lets implement this this is depth and content and groundbreaking for a new game .

6 different faction yeah cool , i can pick a different faction now cool but wait a sec what the difference when i played as a pilot in part 1 as a militia or IMC i looked different from head to toe male or female pilot what does the 6 factions do again ? , oh wait i still look the same as the other team what's the point of being in a faction other that what i am looking at on my screen what does this do for the game wait i got it we get to unlock picture cards like how COD and other game did yeah this is groundbreaking to the game experience silly me . but this is depth HMMM .

HMMM we can regenerate now with six whole factions and we get Banners and camos stop the press this is some great stuff in game content no other game did this before wow this is cool.

i could not believe i waited two long years to get camo's and warpaints no other game is doing this stuff the fans and gamers will love it !
    yeah let's remove the loadouts and limit them per titan and call it depth and content .
    let's put titans 6 titans in the game were the players play only with 3 of them because their main weapons a useless but wait this is depth Hmmm

oh wait they added content and depth to the game they removed carrying a secondary ohh shoot this is a great option let's make it look like gamers have a new bracket of weapons to choose from this is depth Hmmm.
    i don't know what i would do with myself if they did not put in a regen to make my screen look pretty thank goodness they listen to the gamers out there who cares about in game content like a coop mode we get a pilot vs pilot mode yeh gamers are lining up to play this mode co op is so last season gamers would rather jump around a circle arena map shooting grenades at each other , oh man this is real depth Hmmm

ps i don't want anyone to think the same as me and like you i adapt and enjoy the game like you and any other gamer . even time to time i will drink the koolaid granted it is koolaid if it looks like piss it smells like piss well Hmmmm

so what you are saying to me and other members that you are the only one that has valid concerns and views and others on here don't, and you who are the voice of titanfall because you are the biggest and a HUGE fan your views in your tread is the only thing we should read as you the only one that has and knows what are valid and what is not . and what we say because you don't agree with them or it's not along the lines on or because you are sold and it is what it is others sould not say anything or give their view on a topic or comment Hmmm . is that what you said to yourself when you bought COD year after year no no it's ok i will just adapt and enjoy .

Ik0n88x you are a cool cat bro i i do enjoy these debates with you like it or not but i do respect certain views you have and i could relate to your view on things but you have to read between the lines and as a person that said that you were raised to ask question and that is a great thing i was also i was also taught to find a solution before i ask a question and ask question to find a solution .

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Trini did a really good job of sharing some things, but please allow me to try to define what I feel it did better.

1) Titan speed - all of the titans moved much faster.
    2) Titan regenerating shields - this allowed you to use a stick and move tactic
    3) Titan frequency - in TF1 everyone got a titan in the same amount of time and if you lost it you got a new one in 3 minutes
    4) Titan loadout customization - you could pick your titan's chassis, primary weapon, ordinance, tactical ability and 2 kits
    5) Titan Auto Eject kit combined with Nuke Eject kit - you could get right up in the middle of 2 or 3 titans and duke it out with them, knowing that if they doomed you they may kill themselves too if they did not position themselves correctly
    6) Titan rodeoing - you could actually jump on a titan, rip the cover off it's head and shoot it and kill it (even with just one clip if you were using the Spitfire LMG with Leadwall)
    7) Maps:
    a) There were more of them (15 at launch compared to 9)
    b) They were much larger
    c) There were no intentional choke points designed into them
    d) They were beautifully designed with much detail (you could tell it was a labor of love)
    8) Pilot ground speed (not considering bunny hopping in TF1 or slide hopping in TF2 because many cannot do those) - if you had acquired increased speed from wallrunning or something else, hitting the ground would not decrease your speed that much.
    9) Situational Awareness - the minimap was much more useful and the sound effects when taking damage were much more useful. You could tell when you were taking damage, which direction it was coming from and even what type of weapon it was
    10) Continuity - once you got in a match for a lobby, unless someone chose to leave, you were pretty much going to be with those same people for the duration of your session and you could chat during and between games. This allowed you to give atta boys, talk smack, get revenge or even develop relationships and add new friends. Most of my friends had been my most hated nemesis' at one time. :) Over time either I grew to respect their play or they grew to respect mine and one of us sent an invite.
    11) Burn Cards - you could earn and purchase burn cards, including titans and use 3 burn cards per game, one at the start and the other 2 after 2 deaths. This allowed you to call a titan in at the start of the game when the other team had none.
    12) Frontier Defense - a fully immersive wave-based coop mode where 4 players would face increasingly difficult waves of AI, including Nuke Titans, Arc Titans, Mortar Titans, Suicide Spectres and Sniper Spectres.
    13) 3 Weapons - the ability to carry a primary weapon, a sidearm and an anti-titan weapon
    14) War-like feel - as my boy Trini has pointed out many times, it had much more of a realistic battlefield feel with many more minions and spectres, dragging wounded mates off the battlefield or bantering back and forth, or thanking you or saluting you.

I'm sure that's not everything, but it's a good start. Hope that paints a better picture for you Omega.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trini Chinese

you know what would be great for the new year DLC
    and would make being in one of the six factions and not just camos and paints . but actual substance to being in those factions which we can use in game . example faction based pilot models.
    faction based pilot models each faction could have a different pilot model for each of the pilot classes
    example the 6/4 / the apex / and so on when a player pick a faction they could unlock pilot models/shins like what they did with the ION and SCORCH titan just it would be for pilots also different look same function.

Faction based weapons , each faction could have 1 of each class of weapon via unlock or selection with a different look and sound and feel but function the same on all factions example 6/4 will have an assault rifle , smg ands so on and a different faction would have the same guns but only difference will be the gun/weapon model all guns will function like they should just look different and sound different.

Faction base Titans models each faction will have a differen titan model for each titan class like befor the titans will function the same but have a faction based look to them .
    this can go also for the titan weapons . example faction based titan model tone with main gun the 40 MM for the 6/4 will function the same as the TONE 40 MM but the APEX 40 MM will just have a different look and sound .

with this IMO will add Depth to the game and give players choices without affecting the core balance of how the game function wile camo and warpaints are great and cool complete model reskin is a more advanced and modern take to customise a game .

for all we know all of this could be in the making or already ready to implement

more titans to fill in the gap of the amount of pilot classes and even more pilots classes would be cool to see. that and all of the above would be great .

the return of the chain gun with a new titan being that primary weapons are locked in and custom loadouts seem not to be on the agender but could be implemented .

a new massive game mode with AI or even if no AI a larger player cap 40 player maps but with playable grunts or spectres models along with pilots in game modes , players that chose to play as pilots will have their ability as usual and those can chose to play as grunts with full class gear and instead of titans to pilot they will have their conventional jeeps trucks and tanks just an idea , while there will be a max amount of pilots to choose from the rest of the team could play as grunts or even all players play as grunts wile earning a pilot card to chose a pilot and play as for the duration just an idea who knows . part 3 could implement this in a massive way with a bigger player cap . like star war battlefront .

beb38e03a710f44afdcd716602965073.jpg respawn-entertainment-hethe-srodawa-hethe06.jpg woo-kim-titanfall-assault.jpg woo-kim-titanfall-mounted-gunner.jpg woo-kim-titanfall-scout-sniper.jpg woo-kim-titanfall-vehicle.jpg woo-kim-titanfall-vehicle-variation.jpg 6c58b12bf1163dd32b9cc3a90211c8d2.jpg 5d1a93cf8bed4a2742be0ae3b2c0fb8d.jpg 417f7feff64b5c7ce3cf7b3ce9bd7dbe.jpg Titanfall_2_Concept_Art_HS-09.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You sure have quite the imagination Trini. Lots of good ideas there. You also seem to have quite the library of images. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Thanks for welcoming me Ensc, I'm glad to have found this place

• Like Like x 1
  9. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Yes you do have a great imagination and your ideas would be awesome. I do think respawn has big plans for this game and for the series but I just hope the poor sales haven't derailed these plans and expectations. That's why I have been concerned with the success of this game , who knows if EA has or will pull the plug on this series. I still find this game to be so much fun and using the titans are so damn awesome. And I have only really used 2 titans , Tone and Ion . Because they are the easiest to use, but I plan on learning and using them all. And that is pretty awesome to me that I have 4 more titans to explore , to me that is tremendous replay value. Also not sure if anyone would agree with me but I really like the pilot vs pilot mode as well. I know it's just your standard TDM but a lot of people like to play that mode specifically coming from the call of duty franchise. My hope is for Titanfall to be a game for everyone, that's why to me the precision with the guns are important. So I also hope respawn can continue to develop the pilot mode as well and provide more customizable weapons and things of that nature.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

11. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Yes you have painted a real clear picture for me hahaha. It is to bad I wasn't around to play that first game it does sound like it was a masterpiece. It's true they have turned Tf2 into more of that traditional fps style. Maybe this was a mistake overall? It's hard to say because neither Tf1 or 2 has become the blockbuster hit that they deserve to have been, so it's hard to know which direction the series should take. Yes I am aware that a lot of Tf1 players are turned off to all these changes. I guess that is my advantage I am New so Tf2 is all I know.

You did bring up the responsiveness in the gameplay. This is exactly what I have missed all these years with call of duty , I missed the original feel of modern warfare which was made by this respawn team 10 years ago. And as soon as I picked up Tf2 I saw that responsiveness back. To me this is what makes the game so fun . The smoothness of the gameplay . And when you gun someone down it gives me a great deal of satisfaction knowing how well the gun Performs and how quick you can make things happen. I do like having the precise aiming in Tf2 because to me they blended 2 of the best parts that you could want In a shooter. You have the terrific gun play and line of sights for precise aiming , and you have the amazing wall running and advanced mechanics that make this a truly must have game.

As far as the timer of the titans I'm still mixed on that decision. For balance purposes you are correct that Tf1 probably had better balanced games because it gave everyone a chance to get their titans faster and more often BUT i kind of look at it like this is my reward for playing good in Tf2. I look at it like the titan is your killstreak and if you are playing good and dominating you can have your killstreak faster and more often . So I think I am in favor of the skill/reward system . I think this helps replay value because it gives you more of an incentive to become a better player and learn the game more. I have only played pilot v pilot and attrition , maybe in the other modes this change hurts it ?

What I definitely see is better In Tf1 is the dark and realistic looking battlefield look . The look of that game is clearly amazing . Tf2 does look more cartoony. I am not exactly sure why this change was made, its possible the change was made strictly as a business decision to make the game brighter and more colorful for little kids to wanna play it. As you mentioned jumping on a titan and unloading a whole clip to its head and bringing it down is visually amazing and graphic. Now in Tf2 you have the batteries, which I still think is a lot of fun but this change could have been done with little kids in mind as well. I'm not trying to make excuses for respawn I'm just trying to understand the decision making . As far as the map designs obviously I think they changed them to make for the better aiming spots and the shooter element to be more apparent. But I am definitely on board with you guys about the look of Tf1, it's not really comparable.

• Like Like x 3
  12. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Good post Omega. I got TF1 when it came out but dropped it after a couple of weeks, like so many others. A couple of months before TF2 came out i bought a copy and started playing in earnest. Yes, I fell in love with the game and stopped playing COD after many years.

Now, TF2 is a new game based on the original concepts and as such is good in its own right. For sure there are somethings that need to change and perhaps be imported form "1". For me maps as you say are a major need.

En and others have been very vocal regarding their views on this game although I share many of their views this game is still great and I enjoy playing it just as it is. Hopefully new DLC's will take it to the next level and quiet some of the criticisms.

Enjoy your comments keep them coming

• Like Like x 1
  13. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Hey thanks bro , you guys definitely have a lot of good points and I'm sure if I had played Tf1 I would be disappointed in some things as well. But for me as it stands right now Tf2 is just fun as hell to play. Because the core elements to the game work so good. I can't put the controller down it's that addicting. My only real complaint has been with the network lag. But I am reviewing the game basically when it's running smoothly and I am not letting the lag affect my opinion of the game. The last week the game has been running a lot better so I hope it continues to stay that way.

But the core elements of the game I just find to be perfect and so satisfying. I hope that the next update gives Tf2 even more great options and weapons and maps and titans to enjoy. This game really can grow and expand and truly become a masterpiece. But as it stands right now I have over 4 days played online and I have only just used 2 titans and 1 or 2 boosts. So I have soooo much more to learn and play with this game. I truly love the game and it's been the most addicting game for me.

14. Mustard SG

Mustard SG Generation 1
    Elite Pilot

I can't believe you guys romanticize TF1 so much. So many of the features from TF1 that you miss are not missed by me at all.

I can honestly say I love TF2 and think almost everything they did made the game better. Obviously that's just my opinion, but I really do love this game.

I'm glad the titan shields don't regen. I like the slower speeds and the tighter maps. I'm not a huge fan of the lack of unlocks as you regen or the lack of DLC so far but I absolutely love the game and its a shame it's not more popular.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

They bring up fair points , I never played Tf1 so it's hard for me to say. But I would prefer the better aiming I think in Tf2. I just know that Tf2 is extremely fun to play. And this game needs to make a comeback here. It's critically acclaimed and more people need to play it. So let's hope this game rally's and we can have many more great things to look forward to in the future with Tf2 and 3

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#56 Ik0n88x, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    You asked me to explain what depth they added to the game...... so I did. People have different taste in different things when it comes to video games. Just because you don't guys don't care about camo and more meta doesn't mean other people don't and yes that adds depth to a game, it keeps those people who do care about that stuff more invested.

My way isn't THE way and I would never say stuff like "not made for real Titanfall fans" or anything like that because everyone likes different things. I even have problems and concerns with the game, even made an entire thread on it and those are the things that I personally think are wrong with the game and know others may have opposing views. I brought this up to point out the fact that you guys seem to think I'm some sort of Respawn employee who would never say bad things about Titanfall.

I constantly do, even on their main forums and even go so far to bring it up to the actual dev team.. so.

I actually also like the idea of different pilot, weapon and titan models for the different factions but if that adds depth, how doesn't camo? It's literally the same exact thing. It just changes up how things look.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Trini Chinese

great point my friend , you got it .

ensc did a great job on the details from word to keyboard great job on that brother .

Omega82 nice post brother with the help from ensc now in a way you can relate to what as to why some post here and other outlets from gamers around the world , as to why they may have felt the way they did , some still do , some have adapted but just from an explanation you get it .

don't get me wrong i like you enjoy the game for what it is and will support it the best that i can as all the members here do . including yourself .
    i can only dream about what could be but i do accept how things are and enjoy what i can when i can .
    hope to see you on psn when am on.

you also brought up a great point on the KILLSTREAK from COD as this was a very hot topic on the official site and other media outlets , and as a seasoned COD player you put some if not a lot of things into perspective that shows a lot of points that were debated over and over by many . on the topic of the titans feeling like a killstreak and also how the game was shifted to gain a COD gamer , not saying that is a bad thing but even a player that did not play the first can tell the subtle differences .

one of the points many gamers were trying to make in the past before launch from playing the Alpha was on the skill/reward system . this is something that had the community split IMO and is still up to this day a hot topic , IMO . in a way also one of the reason's why also that many gamers tend to refer to titanfall1 core system and things that were changed , they are all tied in together in a way explain the reason why lost features are repeatedly debated up to this day , not because they dislike the second game and there features but to bring across a point of debate . some thing just get lost in translation , it's the web .

Cheers on the great post brother , keep the views coming we will debate/ discuss more on this soon .

• Like Like x 2
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Trini my boy, appreciate it! You did a great job as well, just wanted to add my 2 cents, because I love Omega's passion.

I saw when Omega originally mentioned that what they were doing with the titan timers was more like a killstreak or skill/reward and I had wanted to comment on that, but I forgot. Now I see Trini mentioned Omega's point as well. Forgive me Omega, but it was probably going to happen at some point (us disagreeing), so it may as well happen now. :) I am strongly opposed to that whole concept. The thing I loved about TF1 was that is was not a traditional FPS game and that is just one of the many things they did to completely and unnecessarily revamp the entire game into a traditional FPS game. The titan timer changes along with replacing Burn Cards with Boosts has added a whole new level of imbalance that drives people away and kills your user base. I described what I mean in detail here:
    http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/the-case-for-how-matchmaking-is-worse-than-tf1.8054/

It's OK if you disagree even strongly. We can just agree to disagree. :) But I wanted to share that with you Omega.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Haha yea don't worry it's ok to disagree , I respect your opinion and it's not like you are wrong for anything you are saying. I totally get what you are saying and the appeal of the first game. In my personal opinion I would think the perfect game would have elements of "traditional " fps and the core titanfall gameplay. If Titanfall was only going to be a mech game it still would be awesome as hell but me as a gamer would still feel the need to buy call of duty to forfill the fun shooter element and kill streak element that those games present. I think in Tf2 you still have the titans being a big part of the game but I think now respawn also wanted the pilots to be as useful and fun to play with. For instance now that respawn gave me the superior shooter elements in this game ALONG with the awesome titan play there is absolutely NO REASON for me to wanna play call of duty or buy those games anymore. Because Tf2 does EVERYTHING better in my estimation. In Attrition mode I love using the pilots first and battling it out until I get my titan and then the game evolves to another level once I get my titan. I'm just saying I think it's great that they have made the pilots overall more useful and fun to play with in this game.

Now you brought up balance issues, in theory what you stated is correct. I mean if you get one team who has Better players they are gonna destroy the opposing team. I have been on both sides of this. There's games where the entire opposing team has all there titans and on my team I just have my titan and I'm getting smashed and wrecked the whole game because the teams aren't balanced. Sure when that happens it's not easy to enjoy the game. But I don't feel like it happens every game or even the majority of the time. I still feel like I get enough balanced games to really enjoy playing. I mean yesterday when I was playing there were quite a few games where we were losing much of the match but then our team turned it up a notch the last 3 mins of the match and we came back and won. Typically no matter what game I'm in if we are losing or winning by a large margin I'm still having fun because I love the core mechanics of the gameplay. But if you are getting smashed by a clan and cheap players of course I'm gonna start flipping out and yelling haha

It's still impossible for me to compare the two games because I never played the first , and even though you and trini did a great job of explaining it to me i would still need to experience it for myself. Because much of my opinions just come from the "feel" you get from playing a certain game. I for one like that the Titans are used more as a kill streak because it gives me more time playing with the pilot which i think is so much fun. And then I get my titan and I have the chance to swing the match in either direction. Now for the lesser player sure having basically a charity with burn cards and titans early will cater to those players and keep the playing field more even. But I just think what the biggest appeal to call of duty has been is if your good enough you can get in the game and wreck people. It sort of emphasized more of the individual side of things , more of the lone wolf . I think Tf2 forfills both ambitions. You can play that lone wolf but you also need your team to help you with batteries and coordinate attacks on opposing Titans.

If every game is severely imbalanced I would have no choice but to succumb to the notion that the matchmaking and changes in the gameplay format were a mistake , but honestly so far after over 100 hours playing online I think it has been pretty fair. I think I have a 52% win percentage and out of the wins and losses it's probably been half close games. And the other half were blowouts. If every game was either my team winning 500-100 or losing 500-100 then I would see there was a big problem. But I think this severe balance issues are happening less and less . Also the reason I keep mentioning call of duty because let's face it there's a reason those games became insanely popular , and it was none other than the awesome Respawn team that gave that franchise to the public. Now they went out and created another all time classic which is Titanfall. But more importantly they gave me the elements of call of duty mixed with the new amazing foundation of titanfall, and this is what a lot of people seem to not understand because most likely they don't even know about it is Tf2 gives people absolutely NO reason to buy call of duty. Lol. In a smart society Tf2 would have sold 10 million copies by now , but it has been hidden and glossed over. Those hacks at activision all they do is copy Respawn and Titanfall. Infinite warfare is a complete disgrace with how much they tried to copy Respawns game. But it happened way before infinte warfare honestly.

Sorry for the long reply I would really have to play titanfall 1 to really experience the changes myself.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I'm sure Respawn also had to acknowledge and implement some things that are popular today like clans the store and things like this. It may be an unpopular change coming from Tf1 but perhaps it might be a necessary change if Respawn ever hoped to reclaim the market back from call of duty. Now Tf2 I guess has been a big disappointment so far sales wise , I mean I don't have any of the facts so I don't really know. But I think that is more because the time of release was really bad and most people don't even know about this game. This is a greatly reviewed game critically and a lot of people do love the game once they play it , so much to blame I think is just the lack of exposure . For the Tf1 players who don't like this game what other game would you buy instead ? I hope nobody says call of duty lol Because being disappointed from Tf1 to Tf2 is one thing , but Tf2 is still way better than the call of duty franchise. So I'm just saying I don't feel like people should completely have turned their back to Tf2

• Like Like x 3