What are the devs waiting for to release more DLC's?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 20, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Omega, you are singing my song! I absolutely agree with you and as a reformed COD addict it makes me sad to see how they have destroyed that franchise. Years ago I did start playing MechWarrior and loved it it was Mech only war and we had a lot of fun playing it. If you want a good laugh this YouTube vid takes you through the evolution of the game since 1989 -

I only played TF1 for a short while and really liked it a lot. I have been playing TF2 since the "Tech Test" on both consoles and love it! Yes there are some things (quite a few in fact) that I wish they had incorporated from TF1, but not enough to make me like this game less. TF2, as I have said in my previous posts is a stand alone game and based on the critical acclaim it has earned it is a winner.

You touched on two key points one is timing, again I have stated previously that whoever was responsible for TF2 marketing should be looking for another job! If EA took charge of Christmas they would destroy that as well. Secondly they had to do something to attract a new market or they would die, with all respect for the TF1 diehards, it was a niche game that could not sustain itself in the long term and Respawn was wise enough to make changes to attract a new, larger player base.

If one looks at the history on COD forums you will see ever increasing negative comments about the newest versions of the game, but one thing that keeps it going is the strong YouTube network of broadcasters doing, what is in my opinion, biased reviews and tutorials of the game. It is unfortunate that TF does not have such a strong support network. Broadcasters like Frothy are too few, some have provided good commentary but then go off on other games - i.e. one of my fav's TonyMo. If one looks at Xclusive Ace he provides great COD content and it is helpful which goes along way to keeping the players engaged, we need more like him and not just on PC but on console as well - this will go along way to get the word out. Yes there is TitanFall Legends but that Network has fallen on hard times, TitanFall Time has good content but not enough. I could go on but you get the point.

In summary I still hold firm to the believe that they will bring back some features of TF1 (some not all) to this game with future DLC's and build a strong loyal and large community of players that will jump into TF3 with excitement and enthusiasm. In my 'crystal ball' TF3 will incorporate a lot more of TF1 as players will have confidence in the game and see what a great game it really is.

Keep on, keeping on Omega you are the man...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Hey thanks a lot bro and excellent reply. Yea i agree about the YouTube channels. These guys are just trying to get the most views they can and they are trying to stick to the most popular games which are the call of duty games. But for instance youtubers like 402Thunder he HATES infinite warfare but instead of showing off titanfall or battlefield he's still playing black ops 3. Which I think Bop3 is an awesome game but why you would choose that game right now over titanfall 2 or battlefield is beyond me. It's a shame more of these youtubers don't give titanfall a chance , it's beyond ridiculous.

Titanfall 2 isn't perfect there are definitely things that need addressing, and at some point I will start expressing the things that I feel need improving or changing . But as of right now I rather focus on how great and fun to play this game is. I mean I find it hard to even put the controller down this game is so fun. But ultimately the community will make or break this game and this franchise. I'm hoping respawn delivers a great update when it comes and maybe at that moment it's the best chance for this game to make a major comeback and get on top . I am doing my best to put the word out on this game but I don't have a YouTube channel or anything like that so I can only do so much. Today some Christmas noob got wrecked in the game he went 2-17 or something like that and I sent him a message to try and help him out. But I got no reply. But I am trying my best to keep this game going and to basically put it in people's faces so they actually recognize it and give it a chance

3. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I spent way to much time playing Mechwarrior 2, what a game. One of my top 5 favourites.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

As you can probably tell already Omega, I am one of the TF1 diehards of which DARK speaks. I must say that it is only my respect for DARK's marketing genius that gives me hope.

Without DARK, this is how I feel about it:
    There are so many traditional FPS games to choose from out there and I hate them all. Heck, I think COD has 14 games in its playground just by itself. One of the main reasons I loved TF1 was specifically because it was not a traditional FPS game. To me it was foolish to take something that was unique and exciting and make it be more like everything else out there. To me it was like if there were 30 Honda Civics out there you could choose from and you made a Dodge Charger and not too many people bought it so you made the next version of it be more like a Honda Civic. Why? They already had 30 choices of those. And now if you love the Dodge Charger, you only have 1 choice that is now old and since they've already gone the Civic route, that old one may end up being the only choice you ever have. That is why I was so furious about it and still am quite frankly.

However, DARK has a theory that they may have done this to build a base and then bring a lot of the TF1 stuff back. I do appreciate how you and others are so excited about it Omega. If DARK's theory is correct, I can live with that. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long to get a newer Dodge Charger cause this latest Civic just doesn't do it for me. :)

Music to my ears DARK! You are the only one who gives me hope.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i agree with you on bro , and from what we are seeing it looks like this will be the direction . i really can't wait to see what the new dlc will be like . heck for all we know EA may put different devs to take a crack at Titanfall with their take on the core concept , and this could be EA way of dropping the market value for them to buy Respawn .

Respawn could become an internal part of EA like how Dice is currently.
    we may even see a frostbite Dice version with 64 player large maps with Respawn touch and there core concepts mixed in . who knows .

• Like Like x 2
  6. Trini Chinese

I agree , nice point ensc . i think the game will make a complete 360 with new DLC , what worries me is that while trying to gain new fan base they may have damaged some of their current . as for me i will be there with them tru thick and thin . can't wait to see what there star wars game would be like .

• Like Like x 2
  7. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

You are making me nervous by saying a complete 360 hahaha. Listen I am all for new maps making it look darker and more war zone like , and if you want to change the customization of the titans and all that. I would have no problem if these things occur. But I just don't want them to mess with the aiming part of the game. The lines of sights , the precision and accuracy of the weapons. This would disappoint me a lot if they mess with that. I also like that they have made the pilots as important as the titans, and as effective. But like I said if they allow you to modify the titans and give a new look and feel with the new maps that would be awesome. I'm with that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I like the boosts a lot in this game but these should be addressed and looked at as well. Yesterday I had a whole team using sentry guns. And every where you turned there was a sentry gun shooting at you. So something like this I think needs to be re worked or maybe just make it harder to get these boosts ? I dont have a problem with the boosts in general but everyone picking the sentry gun all at once could cause problems.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I totally get what your saying and how you feel. I just think there are millions of people who of course love the twitch shooter aspect of games. That's why they are glued to call of duty. I understand titanfall started off as a new entity basically in this genre. And I have no doubts about the first game being an all time masterpiece. I'm just saying with titanfall 2 i just liked that they opened up the game just enough to forfill the twitch shooter aspect as well as keeping the essence which made titanfall great. Now if you want them to add more Tf1 aspects that would be great. I still will love the game. I just don't want to see them completely do away with the twitch shooting elements in this game. Because I just don't see how much the game can grow without that ? Also I think it should attract more of a fanbase because its giving you everything. I could be wrong but I just think if they give us more maps , weapons , customization options then there is no way for this franchise to go but UP. Yes I want the warzone feel in the new maps and the graphic pilot mounts when they shoot the titan in the head , yes give me all that dark graphic war feeling. But just don't mess with the gun performance and aiming lmao

• Like Like x 2
  10. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Omega, you are exactly what I believe Respawn was trying to attract in the new player base. I feel bad for the "hardcore" folks like EN; I think they have been abandoned and that is sad. However, I still content, it was necessary for survival of the franchise and as I said it is dedicated TF2 players that have your energy and enthusiasm for the new game that Respawn and EA are betting on for the long term future of this game.

I really still like TF1, but I love TF2 in spite of all its "shortcomings" I will hang in there until I get to GEN 10 on both consoles at that time I will assess where the game is going and decide if it is worth investing more time. I say this because if they don't change things it will get boring - heck I am already bored with the limited, cartoon like maps and the fact that you can regenerate by just playing with no sense of accomplishment. Perhaps I will create another gamer TAG and start over if they have new more interesting maps but who knows.

I fear that what I am saying will be what many will discover without some enhancements - I have made some negative comments on this forum (in the hopes that it will provide good feedback to Respawn if they are listening) but I continually spread a positive message on other forums and with friends to give this game a chance - keep singing the song Omega you are what this game needs right now...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Trini Chinese

i agree , the shooting / gunplay in the game for pilots . the shooting elements in the game are good and i son't think that the aim precision will change or i hope not , as i don't want them to get too crazy like how dice did with battlefield 4 and there guns , weapons in the game can be kept to a minimum in balance and function with different models , example the hemlock we can have 3 or 4 different guns / weapons that look different sound different but function the same all being burst fire. or with in reason.

i really want to have a Titan with the Chain gun lol . this is a beautiful game and that WARZONE feel i say they should beef up the AI like the first .
    what i have notice that adds to the feel of the game is that post game pep talk like how the story mode did it in part 1 it make you feel like you have a mission and that combined with simple in game AI chatter and you Titan sounding off in battle all makes for an EPIC multiplayer WARZONE , that and i would like to have had a player cap increased.

I tell you and i agree with Dark as you posted about the warzone feel the customization , maps and so on is what many have been talking about , this is what gamers wanted more off in titanfall 2 which titanfall 1 has and hopefully with the fan base build we may see more in 2017 with DLC .

Cheers mate and keep the views coming as it make for a better product.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

After watching more videos on YouTube of Tf1 I can definitely see what EN and Trini are talking about. The look and feel and atmosphere of Tf1 is very epic and dark and awesome. Tf2 in comparison is much more cartoony, colorful and friendly. Gameplay wise Tf2 is still a masterpiece, but looks wise and atmosphere definitely pales into comparison with Tf1. This change can only have been decided to draw in more playerbase from cod . Essentially they have watered down the look and feel of a very epic creation which was Tf1. To this point I definitely share the same opinion with EN and Trini. WITH that said , make no mistake about it Tf2 still PLAYS perfectly. The core elements of the game are still fantastic and grossly addicting. They have even improved on the gameplay I feel with the grappling hook and advanced mechanics. But now I will say the next update I do HOPE they return the image of this game more to the Tf1 appearance , while keeping the updated changes that present itself already in Tf2. I really don't see why there can't be room for both creative components here. Give us the great look and atmosphere of Tf1 with almost graphic action and kills but also keep the great twitch shooting and gun play they have established in Tf2. Maybe the maps will somehow have to be compromised in a way to satisfy both needs BUT clearly they can do a much better job at creating the look and awesome warzone feel of Tf1.

The colorful cartooy maps were clearly only done to bring in more sales and fanbase, figuring young kids are more attracted to colors and light and fun gameplay. But again while disappointing this is to Tf1 fans it's still hard to ignore how awesome and fun the gameplay in Tf2 still is. You can still play hours on end and love every minute of it. Let's look at the bigger picture here. We all want this franchise to do extremely well. We all want to see a tf3 , this isn't going to happen if we all turn our backs on Tf2 and NOT play it. We can still play the game because it's awesome but also keep expressing and pushing our suggestions to respawn to update this game to more of the way Tf1 was , not in regards to just gameplay but to the look at atmosphere of the game. Nothing worse would be if EA pulls the plug on titanfall and respawn because of poor sales and poor online community. Keep the ball rolling, turn this game and franchise into an avalanche and drop it on these call of duty clowns heads.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I definitely agree with you Trini

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trini Chinese

yes brother , i agree everyone has different taste , and yes i know you are a big fan and you love titanfall 2 , we all are hence why we are here and part of the community. so cheers brother .
    listen if my post came off as me being a DICK and i was pretty much , i apologize to you , as this is not my intent .I do enjoy your passion towards the game but what i wanted to put across to you was while there are gamer's out there and here , you need to support them rather than shoot them down , not saying that you do this all the time but you tend to come off that way , the very same thing you complain about , you, In turn , tend to do the same . but let's forget about that brother this is just my opinion and i could be very wrong , and my intention is not to insult you but to debate with you on topics towards the game and not towards a member's post towards the game . remember while you are here we all are veterans to the game much like yourself and not just to Titanfall but many of us have played games before you were born .

you have a skill and a passion to question with reason , and i IMO , would like to see a person in your caliber question the DEV's and The publisher direct your questions and critic towards them and support your fellow members and fans of the game here BAD and Good , to read between the lines of there Post and help them express themselves , as this is not an easy task to do to translate words to keyboard . granted like i have said before some may repeat themselves but this is because in a way for them to voice their views . and so there voice and view is not lost in the forums like they can sometimes .

Give your members the Voice that you have and take / learn and understand their concerns their ideas and their dreams . use that skill and opportunity you have to not only voice your views but also the many we all have here .

and yes Camo is depth and i know that it is , and i do support the Camo's in the game and i like what they have done, like you i am a fan of this also . So yes i know it is depth but my thing is currently in the game and what many have said before while having camos in the game it is useless in game as they have implemented the red glow on pilots and titans so it makes feature point less .
    it's like having a car that you painted and customised to look different but in turn have to cover the car when outside .
    as having a different model to having a different color is similar and agree both are depth in a game that did not have it before but both are two different visual concepts one more advance than the other in terms of a visual point of view .

Also my thing with the camo and the subtle depth in the game are IMO while a good thing is not a high point or should not be a high point for a DEV like respawn , this sort of thing should be a simple task for a DEV team like Respawn and they are better than this , so what i am saying is this should not be a selling point for respawn and this sort of thing should be second nature for a skilled Dev Team like Respawn , i want Respawn to Step it up CHANGE THE WORLD . do things outside the box . which they do.

Cheers mate ! and keep that passion and drive with Titanfall Tue. and with the community , help and support your fellow members with their views with the Voice you have not just in you view but to help interpret others towards the DEV's and PUBLISHERS EA.

Together We Aspire ! Together We Achieve ! Cheers and Happy New Year . and to a better Product for us all in the near Future .

• Like Like x 2
  15. Trini Chinese

wonder what and how the multiplayer would be like if they implement Battery placement crates that spawn around the map like how weapon pick ups work in other games , that and it would be cool when i kill an enemy titan they drop 3 to 4 mini batteries that your titan can walk over to regain some health and shields , and the battery that the pilot has to jump out to pick up will give the titan a bigger boost of health .
    hqdefault.jpg titanfall_2_battery_main2.jpg

16. Trini Chinese

• Like Like x 1
  17. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Those cinematic trailers are so awesome

• Like Like x 1
  18. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Respawn should at least announce a release date for the next dlc, there are no news at all, this game seems abandoned and forgotten

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't try to come off as a dick either man and I love hearing different idea, opinions and passion about the same game that I love so much.

I love the passion of the members on this forum and I brought a lot of the concerns that I heard people say (even some on this forum) up with Jay when I played with him. He said he couldn't tell me anything at the time but Respawn is hearing their fans loud and clear. Also, no matter what Respawn does.. it's just impossible to please everyone. If it was exactly like TF1, there would be complaints.. there is complaints with the way it is now. I'm not saying complaints aren't valid and I agree that we need to hold developers accountable and demand the best from them. I'm just pointing out that not everyone likes the same things so when you say things like "have a better product" or "bring it back to what made the game good" or along those lines, people might disagree with that and think the game is awesome the way it is. For example, @ensc currently does not enjoy Titanfall 2 the way it plays right now and that's completely his justification and opinion and I respect that, we just agree to disagree. I would never try to change the way anyone thinks about a game, I'm just passionate about my opinions about games.

I personally can still see the camo (even with red glow) and can especially see the Titan camo. Now I am playing on a 23 inch BenQ (professional gaming monitor). I agree that stuff like camo should be simple for a dev team like Respawn. You have to remember though, this is their second iteration of a franchise. You say you want them to step it up and change the world but it seems like you wanted a Titanfall 1 re-skin, that's not really innovative. I know that it's nothing new and FPS games have had campaigns forever but Titanfall 2 is widely regarded as one of the best campaigns of all-time for an FPS game (which I agree with) and Effect and Cause is seen as one of the best missions in a VERY long time. They changed it up in MP and went with "HERO" Titans instead of customizable (which some see as a step backwards and others see as a step forward) it's all a matter of perspective.

My passion for Titanfall and the communities within will forever remain burning. I try to help and be as supportive and informative as I can with this community, and I hope if someone disagrees with me they voice their opinion and we can talk about it without any negative feeling towards each other. Like I hope everyone on here had an awesome time with friends and family for Christmas or whatever you may celebrate and I hope everyone has an awesome New Year.

PS

@Derrame Respawn has stated that there will be no news or announcements until 2017. Let's give them a little bit into the new year until we start giving them shit. Because trust me, I'll be the first one to call them out if they don't start producing more content for their game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I agree.

No reason why thy can't announce something. Holidays or not....that's just a lame excuse. They either have the information or they don't.....they either have them ready or they don't...

We don't have enough maps...it's plain and simple....

Everytime I load into Crash Site I just quit.....it sucks that badly in my opinion...so that's just one less map to cycle through. Complex is on my shit list too..

• Like Like x 3