What are the devs waiting for to release more DLC's?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 20, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

as i am also, am very optimistic these videos while yes are old news are to show a point to what your point is and to just why IMO that is reason to a lot of factors that have played out since and during the launch , reason to be why info is slow , content is slow and so on , and the state of the game , the new year is around the corner and only then we all will have to wait to see what will be the outcome .

ok then granted the word fact is not used in correct context , prove me otherwise or i should i use the word in theory more .
    by all means you are free to chastise my points or view and we can debate it as we go as both of us will and may have different perspective on a matter or topic.

and if it is that IK thinks it is a personal attack to him rather than to his post or comment , i do apologize and this is not intended so i apologize to him if i did and if any of my sentence or words show that intent . to him and all members . i will be uncalled for and you are right it is unnecessary .

I am like you play the game and do enjoy it for what it is here and now as there is no other game like it to be compared to , so if you are implying that because i like part 1 and the features it has , compared to the current that i am not a fan of the current then you are wrong . one gets inspiration from elements from the past to whatever it may be , and that is part 1 as most if not all of the elements in the current game came from moments from the past. or something that is compared to.

so note the videos are to show these points .
    The odd business elements that may in theory taking place and is why in theory the way things are .
    the reason behind those said decision in theory .
    and a lot of it shows to the reasoning you yourself have given .
    those videos are not me making those comments , it's gamers and venues that are in a way giving the opinion on theory and info on what's out there .

ps tell me what has changed i may have miss that .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

No Titanfall 3!? Noooooo :(

3. Trini Chinese

this is not to be taken in the literal sense Derrame , but it is and can become a scary fact . like you and all of us we will have to wait and see what the new year has to offer , and i believe in respawn and that they have a master plan in the mits to this all.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

oh ok, yes, a master plan is exactly what we need now!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trini Chinese

i agree with you . but info is limited and we will just have to wait , frustrating but we don't have a choice until they do.

i think the second week we may get info on new content , hope sooner than later .

6. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

#106 Omega82, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016

I also would think that since Tf1 didn't have a campaign mode respawn dedicated full attention to the online . Tf2 unfortunately lacks the same amount of maps and content online but it has a campaign mode now. So I'm sure that has something to do with it in comparison . EA might be holding respawn back from releasing too much content all at once. I don't know. But I think I would expect an exclusive online game "Tf1" to get a little better treatment than Tf2 that also dedicated time and resources to building a campaign and story mode.

Maybe due to time restraints in the developing and planning stage of Tf2 that it just wasn't possible to implement more content and maps and weapons due to the campaign mode . So they may of had to delay the big updates a few months after release . All the weapons and titans and maps all of that has to be balanced properly and tested. Most likely they ran out of time because they were creating the campaign mode. So I think that also has to be mentioned in the assessment of Tf2 overall.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

All I'm gonna say is I'm a massive, veteran Titanfall fan, I think I've proved that. I'll just fundamentally agree to disagree about certain aspects of the game, we can't really go anywhere from there.

To get the thread back on topic, I don't think the dev team is waiting to release DLC, I just think they're taking time off and we'll know something very soon into the new year. If not, I'll be the first one to call them out.

8. Trini Chinese

agreed , that is a good point , and a possibility. it did feel a bit rushed not the content or game but in a way how it was announced , showed then an alpha then a lunch date all in the space of a month or 2 . which is not the normal for dev's to do but who know's.

9. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Trini for taking the time to respond. Your points are all good as usual. My concern with those videos are that again the media has taken on statement and twisted it to make a "news event". It was out of context if I recall the complete interview and that problem came from the EA Public Relations guy - and they try to put a "spin" on everything so they can't be sued later.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trini Chinese

True , the media do have a habit of saying things to make it a news event , but you like me will read between the lines and not take it literally , but do understand there are some truth at times with their speculations . i smell a RAT a long time ago before the news came out with other things that had happen , and there could be a lot of things going on and might be gearing up to take place with EA and Respawn , but only in time we will know .

let's all hope the first week of the new year , more info come to light to the game . and hopefully the DLC has a steady flow and substance to their content . i really do hope our theory plays out in the new year .
    cheers mate.

11. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Does respawn own the rights to titanfall or EA? If Respawn does own the rights theres no way they should abandon this franchise.

12. Trini Chinese

as for the rights , that is uncertain but i do belive so that they do. Respawn is still an individual company and not owned by EA but still tired in to EA as they are the publishers . think of them as contractors. Respawn is like the makers of grand theft auto they are there own company but still need a publisher to put their content out there . where EA comes in.

I don't think respawn will not abandon the franchise as this is their creation . but they still need things from the publisher , and EA has been known to destroy company's and integrate the company into their own DEV team . like DICE they are now an internal company for EA and EA own the rights for the game engine FROSTBITE .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't think Respawn has the attitude that would only them to be dissolved into EA though. Just look at what happened after Modern Warfare 2. Activision tried to pull some sheisty shit and 85-90% of the Infinity Ward team left and went to work for Vince Zampella at his new company.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Yea an ever since that activision has been living off the creation of call of duty by this same respswn team all these years. And then respawn creates ANOTHER all time masterpiece which is titanfall and again they are being copied and ripped off. Titanfall and respawn has to succeed and come out on top , they deserve it. I'm hoping so much this franchise makes a huge comeback here

• Like Like x 2
  15. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Well if EA has intentionally done anything to thwart respawn and tf2 potential success then that's disgraceful

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trini Chinese

agreed , vince has worked hard along with his team to build the team , EA is a bit like Activision and i want respawn to grow like rockstar games with them calling the shots rather than EA pulling the strings.

• Like Like x 2