What country would you like to live in other than your own?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by Sulq, Jun 3, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Question above.

I currently live in the United States and would love to live in France, despite never visiting and probably being shunned at first for being an American. For some reason I have an odd infatuation with the French culture.

2. UKCowboy74

UKCowboy74 Generation 4

Live in the UK and spent a few years Living in the States but if I had my Choice of Places would Love to Live in Cyprus (The Greek Part to be Precise)

• Like Like x 1
  3. FattedShark3084

FattedShark3084 Generation 2

Would love to live in Japan for a year or two. I'm really into their hole culture and stuff.

4. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I would love to live in Italy. I went there once with my cousins and there was Ice cream shops every block! The food and local café was amazing and every Italian is super nice! One thing that striked me as odd was the fact that for the entire time I was there..... I never saw a star. The night sky the entire time was pure black without a single speck of light.

5. DragonReborn533

DragonReborn533 Generation 2

My current fantasy is to live in a shack on a beach with a bottle of rum and fish. Buy a boat, go somewhere where everyone else isn't. Bora Bora maybe, or Mexico.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

In a country with an ocean beach,
    where the women are 20 years younger than the men,(and outnumber them by at least 4 to1) ;)
    with a pile of money...............golf course, and the fastest internet in the world..............(gotta play games too!@!!!!!!!!)

Not sure WHAT country this is, but I am looking............:D

7. boise

boise Generation 4

I have thought about that many times in my life and have had many different countries on my mind. But now that I'm 47, quite well off, and single, meaning that I could actually do it :O I realize that there is no place on earth that I know of that I would actually want to move to. Visit, yes (that list is long), maybe even for months, but not to live in. My home country of Sweden may not be perfect, but it's perfect for me :)

8. DragonReborn533

DragonReborn533 Generation 2

You know... if the ratio were like that, I think I could do without the internet. And the golf course. But I'd definitely need that pile of money.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Generation 3

10. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

It would definitely be Italy for me.

11. Junaid

Junaid Generation 1

You all want to live in Australia and you know it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ChongSparks

ChongSparks Life is like a box of chocolates
    Elite Pilot

I would love to but im scared to death of spiders, probably be Canada for me, never been but it looks out of this world. Its on my to do list

13. Fra200

Fra200 Generation 2

I live in Italy and I would like to live in US because also if I there have never been I think that it is a country with plenty of thing from see and visiting.

14. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Lichtenstein. Looks pretty immense. Currently live in Scotland and we, as a nation, are voting on September the 18th as to whether or not we are staying as part of the United Kingdom or becoming an independent country. If the vote goes through as a yes, I'll move to Lichtenstein.....

15. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Why not go if it remains a no and Scotland remains part of the U.K.?

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm a proud Scot, but I'm also proud to be British. If I'm forced to lose my British nationality by the delusional public of my country then I'll be pissed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

Always fancied Alaska as I love the Great Outdoors

Wooden cabin at the edge of a lake........ splitting wood for the fire, hunting & fishing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Why do they even want to split off? So all the money isn't going to London?

19. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

A lot of Scots feel that the Westminster parliament suck more out of Scotland than they give back and think we can run it better ourselves.

Keep in mind the UK has a population around 65m and a similar geographical size to Florida, with Scotland having a population of around 6m. We'd lose the £sterling, we'd have to re-apply to NATO and the EU, and we don't have enough industry apart from oil and whisky (and the oil is running out and not every one is a drunk!)

20. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

Sulq. In the United States you fly the Stars and Stripes and everyone swears an allegiance to the flag.

We haven't been allowed to fly the Union Flag here for nearly twenty years because it's viewed as diversery and racist. You'd be idiotic in the UK to even declare yourself as a Patriot. Patriots in the UK are sneered at and called publicly outed as fascists. It's very very sad. We have been brow beaten into silence.

The Scots are our brothers. We have all lived on the same tiny weather beaten island for thousands of years. As we face the challenges of the modern world we would fare better if we faced them together. I sincerely hope that they remain part of the UK too.

Despite what you may be lead to believe, we all get on well together over here really. We are all pretty much the same. If we found ourselves in dire straits in some god forsaken country I absolutely guarantee you that the Irish, Scottish, Welsh and English would gravitate to each other and stick together. I live in Birmingham and lots of my mates are of Irish heritage. I have Welsh and Scottish mates and we all rub along well. Yeah we indulge in a bit of banter every now and again especially when we have football and rugby matches, but we are essentially the same.

If the Islamic State starts to chew through Europe then don't be surprised to see the Irish, Scots, Welsh and English stood side by side fighting together and for each other whatever happens in the referendum.

• Like Like x 1