What do you all think of Pulse Blade?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by SKWRLY, Aug 25, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

My first reaction was that it was pretty neat and I could see how it would be helpful, but then I ran into a team of monsters in PvP that were all running PB and spawn killing us. It was quite possibly one of the worst spawn traps Ive ever ran into in a competitive fps and I immediately realized that perhaps this ability may need some fine tuning.

One idea is if it only revealed enemies to the user like in the original game.

But then again maybe I just need to git gud.:(

• Like Like x 1
  2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

This is what I've been saying all along.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

nah don't think like that, i am tired when gamers use that phrase git gud and you should not use that on your self brother . the test was unbalance with limited unlocks for you to defend your self , i have this saying as all players bring something different to the battlefield , you learn by your experience every one has there strength and weakness and when combined in the right way can do wonders.
    i will take a group of underdogs into battle any day that the so called git gud gamers that like to tell other gamers that they are not skilled , so cheer up brother this will happen to the best of us . you pick up and get right back in it .

• Like Like x 3
  4. Carlos

Carlos Generation 3

#4 Carlos, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Spawn Trapping or Spawn Killing isn't even new, it started in Call of Duty, and it's coming to TitanFall/TF2. I wouldn't worry too much about Spawn Trapping/Killing in TitanFall 2, since the maps are wide, open, big spaces. The problem is some teams are deliberate about spawn trapping... When the game comes out, look for a report button and report them. Those are the kinds of cancers you need to look for in the game.

They are people who like to ruin gamers' experience of a game. Much like cheaters - Oh, and by the way, Spawn Trapping/Killing IS cheating.

Those people or teams that spawn trap or spawn kill are a bunch of scared little sissies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trini Chinese

6. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

lol I hear you buddy.

That damn tactical just felt so absurd when I was constantly revealed to the entire enemy team. I honestly think it was only like 2 or 3 players using it but if I was able to escape any of the sonars I literally was running right back into another. No chance to git gud if you can't beat a hack.

7. SC Silver

SC Silver Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

#7 SC Silver, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    I'm a fan of the pulse blade, myself.

1. Unless I'm mistaken, I've read that cloak counters the sonar effect, serving as a rock to its scissors.

2. It's a unique twist on Active Radar Pulse from T1, without being as under utilized.

3. I can see it forming a great roll as a niche skill in competitive team play.

4. As much as I hate to admit it; throwing knife kills are incredibly gratifying.

Edit: Typo

• Like Like x 2
  8. SKWRLY

SKWRLY Generation 3

Throwing knives YES!

Wall hack for the entire team..... No Bueno

I'm sure there is a counter to it such as cloak but it just seems too much for the entire team to benefit from it. My example might be worst case scenario and there was an issue with spawn trapping in the pre-alpha build. My hope is at the very least spawns have been attended to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SC Silver

SC Silver Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

I think ensuring better spawn mechanics would alleviate this mostly.

I do see your issue with it being abused in your described scenario, though.

They might be able to come up with a form of diminished returns on someone being under the sonar effect for an extended amount of time? Though, I'd imagine that would be fairly difficult to balance.

10. Trini Chinese