What do you find frustrating so far?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Popcornchikn, Apr 9, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

I'm fine with the Jump Kick and I'm fine with the Shotgun, but I'll go to my grave unequivocally against that 90 second intermission and I'm 39 years old and I would certainly think I'd be categorized as a "mature" gamer. It's especially ridiculous now because when lobbies break-up, presumably due to matchmaking,or when people back-out, it resets the entire countdown. Not to mention there's at least another 20 seconds or so of the map loading up after the 90 seconds. 60 seconds would be fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I had two games last night where, I really don't know what was happening, I was like 2 shotting everyone, I couldn't miss, and was finding targets like amazingly. All I can say is...it wasn't me, I don't know if it was connection based or what but something was going on...all I could think is "...if I was on the other end of this I would be just losing my sh*t..."

3. stp366

stp366 Generation 3

can i ask why? u get much more play in multiplayer than a campaign or at least i do.just my opinion

4. stp366

stp366 Generation 3

i like the idea of players voting for the next map

• Like Like x 3
  5. Eversor Dei

Eversor Dei Generation 1

The most annoying thing about this game is the unfair matchmaking. It isn't unusual to end up in a lobby with a bunch of beginners on one team and a bunch of people on their 5th regen or higher on the other. Some of us have full time jobs, families, and hobbies outside of gaming and simply can not invest the absurd number of hours kids are able to, and are not as skilled. It gets really frustrating really fast when you're constantly getting killed by douchebags who play the game like it's their job.

I find this so annoying I've stopped playing the game entirely.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. ShapelessHorr0r

ShapelessHorr0r Generation 2

"Retrying connection to server" and then getting booted out to the main menu.

I've played literally one game in 3 days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I am wondering if this is a location based issue (I'm in Sydney). I have found the matchmaking to be pretty good. Certainly playing attrition I get the odd mismatch however if I spend one game getting dominated I just move on but I was playing almost exclusively hardpoint dom over the weekend and doing well. I played quite a few games against high gen players but it seems most people overlook the objective.

8. A.C

A.C Generation 4

Frustrating?

People thinking that high-gen players are good players - getting freaked out by multi-coloured chips next to gamertags in the pre-game lobby; not realising that many of the high-gens are challenge motivated and most of the time getting raped in search of challenge completion.

There are loads of great high-gens and low gens out there, but gen, like prestige, is not indicative of skill - everyone can get the gen challenges done if they're prepared to do what it takes - it just takes time - the skill comes from the ease at which a player is able to compelte these challenges, but we, as enemys will never know whether the player sucked his way to Gen 9, whether they play in a motivated party religiously, or whether they solo-beasted all before them to Gen 9...

K/D annoys me because it's largely irrelevant in TF - as per another post I made, I have seen someone go negative, top the scoreboard with 100+ Attrition points, and win the game.

As a primarily Attrition player I wish there was an Avg. Attrition points stat - I'd love that.

• Like Like x 3
  9. FlatusUnicorn

FlatusUnicorn Generation 2

I want to be able to see what maps I've played what on.

10. undeadunderware

undeadunderware Generation 4

#90 undeadunderware, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    I hate trying for the objective concentrating, wall running, not camping but not kamikaze then proceeding to have the worst match ever, even when you then try to score attrition points by the time you get there a titan has squashed them.then call in my titan and get smashed by 3 opponents and a rodeo pilot. End result bottom of the board killed 3 defeated no pilots 6 npcs fatalities but died 9 times. The rest of the team look at the leaderboard and think muppet. U hasten to add not all games like this but blimey there have been a few. I feel guilty letting the side down particularly if the top players have pulled a blnding score.

11. PaperMask

PaperMask Generation 2

Things that I believe could be improved? A bit more backstory in the game. TF is an interesting universe, and a single opening cutscene and the conversations in the dropships are not enough. And don't get me started on those tiny little scenes in the top right corner during the campaign missions, many of which I've missed or merely glanced at because I was too busy playing...

12. skgiam

skgiam Generation 2

the matchmaking is broken.. it always group gen players into one side against newbies

13. Ganch 10th

Ganch 10th Generation 2

The other team I'm facing is camping like its cod.it drives me crazy I left cod for a reason.lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. FlatusUnicorn

IMO, the gen doesn't mean much but the level since they have more options/guns. The gens cripple players as they are more concerned with their regen than they are with the actual winning.

15. ShapelessHorr0r

I've owned the game for 2 or more weeks yet i've only completed 8 games.

Why? "Retrying connection to server."
    Get kicked out
    Try again

No other game is this irritating

16. RedGhost211

RedGhost211 Generation 4

When people camp in control points with snipers and shotguns in closed areas. It gives them a lot of kills but.... where is the fun in that? I wonder if it's for the achievements.

17. Nugget

Nugget Generation 2

#97 Nugget, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Hmmmm where to start. I would say the ridiculous load times (even to get to the main menu!). My #1 complaint though is the absurd inconsistency. Use the same gun shoot the same part of a titan or pilot, and get wildly different results game after game, all other things being equal.

I have seen Strider Titans absorb enough damage to down fully shielded ogres without having their shields dropped. Pilots take multiple close range shotgun hits. It's ubsurd. Just an amateur game making effort.

18. FlatusUnicorn

What country are you in and who is your ISP. I literally never have this issue.

19. ShapelessHorr0r

U.S.
    East coast
    Verizon

20. FlatusUnicorn

I'm East Coast as well, I would check with your internet provider or see if you have a firewall or if your NAT settings are set to strict. This is doesn't sound game related. Also, is this PC or XB1? If PC then you have about 3,000 other things that could be going on that isn't related to the game. XB1 has limited things when it comes to networking.