What do you find frustrating so far?

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Popcornchikn, Apr 9, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

but effective :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Micky T

Micky T Enduro Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Haha it certainly is. Ive been in lots of titan fights and have needed to back off, only to find I cant move because someone used me as a shield. I try to let them know by punching towards them, but some just stay there and let my titan die.
    If its just clumsiness, fine, but if its your tactic, maybe thats why I lose so many matches. Lone wolves not working with the team. Still, only a game and I shouldnt get wound up haha.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CasendraMars

CasendraMars Generation 4

Plasma meant for snipping, stick behind your teammates. In LTS, charge up when u c the enemy Titan shield down fire fire fire and u should be able to take the Titan down. Good thing about rail plasma u don't need to fire in a close range, what others said about Ogre would work, although I used Atlas just in case I need to dash away...:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. DragonReborn533

DragonReborn533 Generation 2

Gonna throw another couple into this thread even though the article's already run.

JUMP KICK.

I am sick and bloody tired of getting killed by a jump kick after I just shot the guy in the face five times with a shotgun. It's happened at least twice in every one of the last five matches I've played.

DEAD MAN'S TRIGGER.

Why is this even in here? One of two things happens: either you die before you drop a satchel, or the guy who killed you is gone before the thing blows up. I'm dropping this from all my loadouts as of now.

MATCHMAKING

I know, I know, it's been beaten to death, but the appeal of this game starts to wear thin when every team you're up against is around Gen6 to Gen9 and you're sitting at Gen1 dragging everybody down (I'm a Gen1 level 49, btw). It's not fun for me, it's not fun for you, and it's not making it any easier to play the game. This is my biggest gripe and has been sicne I bought the game. It needs fixing, and whatever they did didn't do it.

Sorry about the rant. Just had a very long session of worthlessness and I'm trying to vent a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. undeadunderware

undeadunderware Generation 4

I know what you mean about the jump kick. what the other players have is map and game experience which took me till about the end of gen2 to feel comfortable with. I am not the best player but the advice i would give is dare i say it..stick to the carbine silenced and use mi nion detector play attrition and if you are getting stuffed by pilots then focus on attrition points . When you get your titan call it in around friendly ones and stick near them. If you don't come top of the leaderboard, i wouldn't worry too much. After a while you will be one of the higher gens sticking it to the newer players, it does get easier and it does not matter what level you are you can always have a bad run, good luck hope the game gets better for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OnkelCannabia

OnkelCannabia Generation 2

Satchel Charge in general is ridiculously overpowered. The range of these mini-nukes is just absurd. You can just chuck them towards the red dots on your minimap and rake in free kills like nothing. I have twice as many satchel kills as shotgun kills. That's just sad.

And yeah, matchmaking is an obvious issue almost everyone agrees on.

7. Bull ADK

Bull ADK Generation 2

I agree with many other's here, the jump kick is lame. You can run through a hail of bullets from an assault rifle and kill the shooter with a kick? Really? It should be a stun move, it's just silly the way it currently is. I also agree with some posts that brought up the idea that the generation system is going to ruin this game. Right now it's a bunch of people running around trying to complete challenges instead of focusing on winning the game and providing a competitive environment with team goals in mind. I'm as guilty as the next guy, I intentionally sacrifice my titan if I can just get one more kill to get closer to completing whatever challenge I'm currently working on. I found the Gen 3 railgun challenge particularly frustrating. It should be used as a support weapon in a team environment but this stupid F-in challenge forces me to use it a way that is neither conducive to supporting a team (steal kills much?) or even in a way this weapon should be appropriately used (1vs1- yeah right...) Yes I realize Re-Genning is optional, but it sure appears that most people are choosing that option and I think ultimately ruining the game.

8. Micky T

Micky T Enduro Pilot
    Elite Pilot

As much as I love you all, maybe my approach to the game could be better for many of you than the way you currently play....
    No denying - I have listed countless flaws in the game, but Ive discovered just why the last week of playing TF has been the best yet; I no longer give a shit when I die. I am enjoying it so much more now that I've realised I'm not the best and in-game issues/design faults are unavoidable.
    I played CoD black ops at a friend's today and it showed me just how impressive TF is and Im happy to ovdrlook the minor niggles to enjoy it.
    Sorry for getting on my horse here btw :-D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Micky T

Micky T Enduro Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Screw regens. I've stopped at g2 lvl 50 because I can play the game more than if I was levelling up.
    Stay where you are matey and choose which weapon you want to slog with for a while ;-)

10. undeadunderware

i mix it up a bit during the game, i will start with a strong kit and then try challenges when we are ahead and if i get put in a match where there is a small amount of time left then i will also go for challlenges. My scores went up with some challenges, never used a shotgun now love it, the plasma with insta shot I got through the regen in a day playing attrition. Now on the dmr smiper challenge now that is naff i shoot people they look around for the insect that bit them, I find what should be an okay sniper spot...wait....wait, shoot across map the carbine use or car user flinches turns and shoots me back! still I am now a sidearm fan thanks to it.

11. undeadunderware

when I say a day for the plasma rail challenge should I say a day and most of a night

12. UKCowboy74

UKCowboy74 Generation 4

The First 10 Kills with the Plasma seemed to take forever but after Unlocking the Instant Shot the Challenge went by so much quicker

13. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

I wouldn't call it a "Frustration", but with the regen multipliers I level up far too quick. I actually delete all the Double XP burn cards as I don't use them.
    I've been playing on X360 and at current trajectory I'll be Gen 10 by the time the DLC drops in June.
    I'd like some more Generations and new challenges, as sitting at Gen 10 with nothing to aim for will feel like a missed opportunity and the game will stale quite quickly.

14. OnkelCannabia

OnkelCannabia Generation 2

So true. You have all those potentials for earning XP, yet most of them feel like a waste. By the time you are getting high XP challenges, you are already lvl 50 or about to regen. Either way, most of the XP I have ever gotten where just discarded because I was already lvl 50.

15. Bull ADK

Bull ADK Generation 2

Just finished the 30 critical hits with the charge rifle challenge to go on to Gen 5. I actually found this challenge fun even though it was not that easy. It takes some skill and patience to hit those damn pink spots on the titan (sorry, they're pink, not red) and in the process I came to enjoy using the charge rifle. May even replace my mag launcher in my favorite kits now. I don't know why I perceived this challenge as fun and the railgun challenge as a grind? Probably because I felt more in control, it was my skill hitting or missing the pink spots. With the railgun I felt I was always at the mercy of luck that no one on my team would rush in and finish the beast off while the railgun was getting hard again:) And the other posters are correct, once you earn the rapid fire mod for the Quad Rockets, you can blast your way through the rest of that challenge relatively easily (pun intended).

16. terminatahx

terminatahx Generation 2

• Constant "failure to get token from origin error", happens every night, multiple times.
    • Meaningless bots - remove and add real players.
    • Small collection of weapons and weapons upgrades/add ons
    • No Single Player. The game has bots, so why no single player?
    • Poor graphics and graphics performance
    • No SLI support
    • Screen tearing
    • lack of Titan Customization
    • Very limited number of Titan Chassis
    • No game play that encourage pilot support of Titans
    • Can't modify loadouts without leaving the game
    • Matchmaking system is poor

17. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

would't mind taking you around with me some day can even tip you to become as awesome as me ingame and in real life :cool:

• Like Like x 2