What do you munch on while gaming??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by CasendraMars, May 8, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. N13V35

N13V35 Generation 2

I usually wind up barely eating the food at all :(

2. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

Weekends; Cider, Wine, crisps (chips to our transatlantic pilots) and takeaway curry :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. CasendraMars

CasendraMars Generation 4

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

4. KennyHass

KennyHass Generation 2

Lay's & Mountain Dew

5. CasendraMars

Looks like Mt.Dew is quite popular...@Sulq yes latte is a drink, aka liquid diet...haha..well that's y I am soliciting ideas and curious about what other gamers munch on so I don't starve myself while playing since I always tend to forget to eat once I turned on my gaming consoles....;)

6. boise

boise Generation 4

No Starbucks in town, but I love my Nespresso coffee machine and drink several cops a day.

Really? I like my mouse nice and sticky so my fingers doesn't slide off - and greasy on the bottom so it slides better on the mouse pad ;)

Seriously though; Someone mentioned jerky, and I would love to have that. Unfortunately I cannot find it here in Sweden so I go for the next best thing (and kind-of similar) - air-dried beer sausages. Mmmmm.

My experience of drinking beer and playing is slightly different from yours, @Unuseful_Idiot. My first stage is actually "slightly better" since I don't panic as easily with a few beers in me. Second stage is the same though ;)

7. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Here you go, this is the Jerky I eat sometimes, when my home made stuff doesn't dry in time.

http://www.jacklinks.co.nz/shop/Products/Jerky.html

8. boise

boise Generation 4

Thanks for the link, @Jimmah! But I actually got more interested in what you wrote after it ("...my home made stuff..."). I feel rather stupid for not even realizing that I could make my own jerky :/ Anyway, I found a nice recipie on the web and will try it this weekend.

9. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Yeah I've been making for a while. If you need any tips just ask.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CasendraMars

think I am going to try the Jerky+Beer combo this weekend and see how that turns out....:)

11. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Do it! It's the only way to play.

12. CasendraMars

Ok..tried Beer and Jerky over the weekend......let's just say thumbs up on Jerky, but Beer...man i have a horrific number of deaths after a few, apparently my reaction time was down 80%......lol....

• Like Like x 2
  13. boise

boise Generation 4

I was all amped up to make my own jerky in the weekend, but I never got the time :( I'm home from work now, but the reason is that I'm dyspeptic, so I can't even look at foodstuff :/ Maybe this is too much information, but I have actually placed a double folded towel on the chair to sit on just in case of... leakage... :O

14. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

Wait. Dyspeptic is indigestion. So you put the towel under for what reason? Wouldn't it be more effective to take a pill and stay closer to the toilet instead of playing videogames lol?

15. boise

boise Generation 4

Hehe - I blame my online dictionary :) I told it to translate "magsjuk" (which is Swedish for trowing up with one end and spray-painting with the other) and it told me to use "dyspeptic". So what would be the proper English word for my condition? :)

16. The Juggernaut

#36 The Juggernaut, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    Throwing up ( vomiting) or trowing?
    Simplify it for me.
    You throw up and also get diarrhea?
    I found this list lol: Just give me more symptoms and what happens. Im planning on being a doctor one day. So I guess pooping and vomiting together are...:
    http://www.uhs.umich.edu/diarrheavomiting
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120925060002AAqrN3o
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shomit ( not a good source..)
    http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/gastroenteritis
    Basically:
    Stomach Flu or Food Poisoning also cause pooping and vomiting.
    My bet is on Stomach Flu. Or too much alcohol.....
    All doctors use the internet to find the problem vaguely..... right???
    -------------- Alteration
    I looked up Magsjuk on the internet and it translate to Sick
    That totally narrows it down....

17. boise

boise Generation 4

Oh wow :)

To be perfectly clear about this: Yes, it's vomiting and diarrhea (alternating) and also (though rather less important under the circumstances) headache, shakiness and a general feeling of discomfort. Putting it in writing like that I have to agree that it could have been alcohol induced, except for the fact that I stopped drinking nine months ago :)

You found some interesting alternatives :) but I believe you are right about stomach flu - that sounds familiar.

About "sick"; I vaguely recall reading something years ago about sickness in American vs British English. I think it went like this: In England, sick means sick-to-the-stomach while ill means a more general not-being-well. And in America the meaning of sick and ill are reversed. Or was it other way around? Not sure at all about this though.

18. The Juggernaut

Sick in America: Generally not-being-well/ diseased
    ill in America: sick. Flu/diseased
    You stopped drinking nine months ago? Good thing you didn't drink during pregnancy... is it a boy or girl? :p

19. Max Ackermann

Max Ackermann Generation 2

Vodka and OJ! No mess there! :):)

20. boise

boise Generation 4

:D What's that American expression... I throw you a softball there didn't I? :)

But no, the nine months is just a coincidence. At 47 and after drinking quite heavily for most of my life, I felt that I had had enough of alcohol for the rest of my life ;) I don't miss it, and I don't mind other people drinking. This was just a personal decision.

@Max Ackermann, can you tell a Swede what "OJ" is?